Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   More Opinions Please on this Norm Cash signed card... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=241872)

Kzoo 07-03-2017 03:58 PM

More Opinions Please on this Norm Cash signed card...

2 Attachment(s)
Guys.........First, I understand that TPA's give out opinions and nobody is perfect. Second, I like getting cards 'slabbed' for their protection and I like the display aspect they provide.

So......I was surprised this nickname signed 'Stormin' Norman Cash' card failed PSA/DNA recently, when the previous '72T Norm Cash card on the same submission passed. The nickname signed card is a very rare inscription and may have taken more thought by Norm to sign, but I thought it was good, as there are many similarities to his regular signature. Did PSA miss this one? Just looking for some more opinions.

Thanks in advance for your help........Matt

Johnny630 07-03-2017 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my early 60's Cash :-)

Duluth Eskimo 07-04-2017 09:09 AM

Tough call. I see where they might think it lasts spontaneity and flow, but I think it looks pretty good overall. I just submitted some stuff recently (since the switchover) and they failed a bunch of items I submitted. Some were difficult and I was on the fence so I could at least see why, but many I know were good. They just failed a bunch. Not sure if this is there way of saying "there's a new sheriff in town" or what. It's dumb either way.

RichardSimon 07-04-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo (Post 1677300)
Tough call. I see where they might think it lasts spontaneity and flow, but I think it looks pretty good overall. I just submitted some stuff recently (since the switchover) and they failed a bunch of items I submitted. Some were difficult and I was on the fence so I could at least see why, but many I know were good. They just failed a bunch. Not sure if this is there way of saying "there's a new sheriff in town" or what. It's dumb either way.

Curious to see some of those that you knew were good and were failed.
An item I sold on the bay was sent to them by the buyer. It failed, I knew it was good. The rejection letter was barely coherent.
I sent it to a major auction where JSA authenticated it.

Duluth Eskimo 07-04-2017 06:46 PM

I'll send you an email when I get some time. Busy week right now.

JollyElm 07-08-2017 04:25 PM

Let's get this out of the way immediately. I'm no autograph expert, so do with these observations what you will...

In looking at the 3 autos (so far) in this thread, some things come to mind. The two of yours could have possibly been written by the same person, as they certainly have a ton of similarities, but here's the potential problem that jumps out at me. If you look at the 2 'authentic' signatures, his capital letters ('N' and 'C') are drawn sort of to extremes, going sharply and dramatically high up in stark contrast to the lower case letters. (Overall, his name looks like it was written normally, but then the paper was stretched upward, distorting those letters, if you know what I mean.)

But on the 'Stormin' Norman' card, all of the letters are much more squat, much more traditional, with no extremes. It is possible, however, that he signed this card much more slowly and deliberately (instead of the quick, get-it-over-with type of autograph) due to it being a much different type of signature for him (almost as if he was simply writing out his name and not actually signing an autograph), which could possibly account for the discrepancies.

Good luck.