Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GMA Grading.. -opinions? ( $3.00 a card) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=255921)

1952boyntoncollector 06-05-2018 06:20 AM

GMA Grading.. -opinions? ( $3.00 a card)

I figure someone here knows all the back story on this company...ie. who the owners are..why they forming the company etc.

I would think that if an upstart company gained major market share..their rates would rise as time goes by ,,

People pay for the sealed card and an opinion..that could be worth 3 bucks....but who knows..

http://gmagrading.com/

I figure i start this thread..and someone does a google search..this thread will show up as a resource.....dont say i didnt contribute anything to the hobby......nice..card

1952boyntoncollector 06-06-2018 09:11 AM

anyone here used them?

swarmee 06-07-2018 09:30 AM

Save your money and put them in a toploader or grade in bulk with PSA. I would never expect a premium to be paid for a GMA graded card.

Peter_Spaeth 06-07-2018 10:05 AM

All these second tier companies overgrade IMO.

pgconboy 06-08-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1784452)

I've noticed the same thing. Seems like 9s are guaranteed so long as a crocodile didn't floss with your card.

KCRfan1 06-08-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1784452)

Do you believe there is any room for another grading company?

Peter_Spaeth 06-09-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCRfan1 (Post 1784996)
Do you believe there is any room for another grading company?

Someone would need to offer a distinct advantage, either in terms of a technological advancement, or perhaps very well-known and respected graders.

bnorth 06-09-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1784088)
anyone here used them?

I have not used them but would have no problem in using them. The grading companies each have their own advantages. PSA has the sheeple that highly overpay for their holders. Beckett has the bomb proof slabs. SGC has the nicest looking slabs and do the best in actually grading the card. GMA is a great option for those that are collectors and couldn't care less about resale value but want their cards protected in a slab. They also offer much better deals with large bulk submissions and will even do custom flips.

I have seriously considered them for PC cards I plan on keeping. I just like the looks of cards in SGC slabs too much for PC cards. I use PSA if reselling and see no real reason to ever use Beckett.

pokerplyr80 06-09-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1785052)
Someone would need to offer a distinct advantage, either in terms of a technological advancement, or perhaps very well-known and respected graders.

Or how about one with standards that will not change, and one that guarantees accuracy the first time. A clear description of the process, and having multiple graders look at the card so that reviews are not necessary or even possible. That way a collector can sell a card graded a 7 confident that someone with more pull can't get it bumped to a 7.5 or an 8.

swarmee 06-13-2018 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1785232)
That way a collector can sell a card graded a 7 confident that someone with more pull can't get it bumped to a 7.5 or an 8.

Do people really stay up late at night worrying about such matters?

1952boyntoncollector 06-13-2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1786201)
Do people really stay up late at night worrying about such matters?

Right..who cares what someone else can do....its only what you can do what matters.... you can sell a 7 for 1000 and someone else can sell that same card same holder for 5000....not going to lose sleep.

As for GMA or any other new third party graders...i think the key is to have really really cool holders.....then get to the other stuff ..