Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Kudos to PSA Turnaround Time (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=248771)

Joe Hunter 12-12-2017 12:49 PM

Kudos to PSA Turnaround Time

I submitted several autographs to PSA under their November Special. I mailed the signatures to them the week of Thanksgiving and received them back yesterday. I was really impressed with the turnaround time. In the past, I have sent cards to be graded under the monthly special, and the turnaround was much longer. I was pleasantly surprised with this submission. Incidentally, all signatures except one came back authentic.

whyconform 12-12-2017 01:47 PM

Agreed.....since I'm a town over from their NJ office, I hand delivered 11/30 and got em back today 12/12...... 100% of my submissions were good which was the goal

Stampsfan 12-13-2017 12:52 PM

Can you hand deliver to their offices any time they are open, or only when they publicly post the times they will accept "walk ins"?

chaddurbin 12-13-2017 05:44 PM

I also submitted under the nov special and sent them out mid November and its still processing and im 15 min away from their office...im gonna start a new psa complaint thread to balance out this one.

Republicaninmass 12-13-2017 06:15 PM

Quick on mine as well

Logged 11/10

Shipped*12/12/2017

Items*115

Service*Monthly Special 9

1treasuretrove 01-05-2018 09:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got mine in a month as well, very fast service (much faster than usual).

Mr. Zipper 01-05-2018 12:32 PM

I would have gotten that von Braun back to you in a week. :D

RichardSimon 01-05-2018 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper (Post 1735775)
I would have gotten that von Braun back to you in a week. :D

And it would not have been buried in an ugly plastic tomb!

chaddurbin 01-05-2018 08:37 PM

richard---that pic is evidence that you don't buy slabbed stuff much...such a noob amateur messy job on the slab crack!

RichardSimon 01-06-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaddurbin (Post 1735908)
richard---that pic is evidence that you don't buy slabbed stuff much...such a noob amateur messy job on the slab crack!

ROFL,, Two good hammer whacks did it. A scientific approach did not seem to be necessary :D.
btw - As far as I know, those plastic tombs have never been tested or advertised as acid-free which you would think would be essential for an autograph tomb.

alifaxwa2 01-06-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1735970)
ROFL,, Two good hammer whacks did it. A scientific approach did not seem to be necessary :D.
btw - As far as I know, those plastic tombs have never been tested or advertised as acid-free which you would think would be essential for an autograph tomb.

Its not like the vintage ICs, paper slips and envelopes were acid free.

RichardSimon 01-06-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alifaxwa2 (Post 1735977)
Its not like the vintage ICs, paper slips and envelopes were acid free.

What does one thing have to do with the other?
The tomb is meant to house the autograph forever.

1treasuretrove 01-06-2018 08:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardSimon (Post 1735781)
And it would not have been buried in an ugly plastic tomb!

Hey, don't shame my collectibles - to each his own :(

All kidding aside, I didn't use PSA's service to determine authenticity but rather for resale. The Eleanor Roosevelt was from a Waterman's album and went unsold multiple times for $49.99. I paid $15 to have it slabbed and it sold within a week for $119.99. Some people just like the holder or trust the holder.

For myself, I do personally like postwar cards in PSA holders as I think they look really nice. For index cards and cuts, I don't mind them but I personally prefer to have them raw unless it is something I am going to sell later.

For example, I included some pictures below of what I did with an autograph that was previously in a PSA slab (I busted it out).

I will say that PSA does offer a choice for how you want an item authenticated - encapsulated, stickered, or separate LOA. So, if you wanted an item to be raw and unsticked/slabbed, you can opt into the LOA. This is absolutely what I do for items that are valuable and too large to slab. I typically don't mind the slab as I can always break the item out - snap one corner off with pliers and pop a screwdriver under and push up.

thenavarro 01-06-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1treasuretrove (Post 1736193)
The Eleanor Roosevelt was from a Waterman's album and went unsold multiple times for $49.99. I paid $15 to have it slabbed and it sold within a week for $119.99.

^^^^^^^^^^ The power of the plastic.