Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay feedback conundrum (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=142023)

whiteymet 09-24-2011 08:40 PM

Ebay feedback conundrum

Hi All:

Can anyone explain the feedback profile for ebay ID yophillytwo? See:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&mPg=22&page=4

Of his last 800 feedbacks appox 786 are from the same seller, krukcards.

And that is just last 800. There are more from krukcards earlier.

Other than the obvious, that this buyer only buys from krukcards, what else could be going on here?

Never seen anything like this before. Any thoughts?

alanu 09-24-2011 08:45 PM

Kruk sells a lot of single cards, he could have just been picking up cards to complete some sets.

whiteymet 09-24-2011 08:50 PM

Nope. If you look at his bidder list it is for all types of things in all sports. Cards, autographs, memorabilia, etc.

rainier2004 09-24-2011 09:11 PM

idk about the buyer, but ive had 1 transcaction w/ kruk cards and its was very negative....absolutely screwed on a "55 topps starter lot ex"...most cards were gd-vg at best and refund denied from 2004...thats all i got boss

vintagetoppsguy 09-24-2011 09:17 PM

Kruk is one of the biggest shillers on eBay. This is probably just one of his shill accounts. In fact, there was a very detailed, informative thread about it over on CU until the mods took it down because Krook is one of their advertisers.

D. Bergin 09-24-2011 09:24 PM

Maybe a flea market dealer buying lots of junk wax.

I went through a Kruk phase before, buying lots of old oddball junk wax 'cause I thought it was kind of neat.

Mistakes were pretty common. Found more then 1 unopened box that was just a bunch of opened packs stuffed into a box. They made good on them, but I found it unusual they lacked much quality control, since it seemed to happen with just about every order I got from them.

I don't think it was devious because it was really cheap stuff, just careless.

whiteymet 09-24-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 927370)
Kruk is one of the biggest shillers on eBay. This is probably just one of his shill accounts. In fact, there was a very detailed, informative thread about it over on CU until the mods took it down because Krook is one of their advertisers.

I thought about it being a shill account, but wouldn't Krukcards have to pay final value fees to ebay? What's the sense of that?

DJR 09-24-2011 10:48 PM

hunterdutchess 09-24-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 927380)
I thought about it being a shill account, but wouldn't Krukcards have to pay final value fees to ebay? What's the sense of that?

You can leave feedback after or before a transaction has been canceled. This is a 100% shill account, no buyer is that loyal to a seller. I would report to ebay, criminal charges can be brought for this type of fraud.

whiteymet 09-24-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJR (Post 927381)
Incorrect! Mutually agreeing to cancel a transaction purges the final value fees. In this case it looks legit, due to many BuyItNow purchases. However, I have had negative experiences with Kruk.

http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=831330

After 600+ transactions cancelled with the same buyer, wouldn't that raise a red flag with ebay and they would do SOMETHING? After all they are losing $$$ in the deal.

Cardboard Junkie 09-24-2011 11:18 PM

I know that Kruk guy.

I met him years and years ago at tally hall in michigan, cool old store. Kruk was P.O.ed because I just bought the dealers whole 52 high number stash, for 5 bucks each and Kruk was whinning about it. He's a jerk. dave

DJR 09-24-2011 11:29 PM

Brendan 09-25-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 927384)
After 600+ transactions cancelled with the same buyer, wouldn't that raise a red flag with ebay and they would do SOMETHING? After all they are losing $$$ in the deal.

eBay isn't complaining. Shilling increases the prices and the guy has probably paid eBay tens of thousands in fees. They turn a blind eye to things like this.

irishdenny 09-25-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 927395)
eBay isn't complaining. Shilling increases the prices and the guy has probably paid eBay tens of thousands in fees. They turn a blind eye to things like this.

Bingo!

& This is whats killin the American way!

Teamsets4u 09-25-2011 05:19 PM

Why would a shill purchase items out of the store inventory with BIN.
What is gained by that?

Brendan 09-25-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamsets4u (Post 927500)
Why would a shill purchase items out of the store inventory with BIN.
What is gained by that?

Cancel transaction = listing fees refunded

Unlikely, but maybe.

whiteymet 09-25-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 927395)

But WHY would Krukcards pay all the fees if the items are not selling???? Since all these feedbacks are from the same guy (shiller) they are NOT being sold. So what advantage does krukcards have in doing this, not selling the lots AND paying the fees?

Brendan 09-25-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 927507)
But WHY would Krukcards pay all the fees if the items are not selling???? Since all these feedbacks are from the same guy (shiller) they are NOT being sold. So what advantage does krukcards have in doing this, not selling the lots AND paying the fees?

It has been suggested that they're canceling the transactions. Not sure if you can leave feedback if you do that. I wouldn't be so sure it is a shiller. Have any of the cards been resold?

jbbama 09-26-2011 06:35 PM

Ebay sucks!

and do not get me started on the damn feedback policy,they just want their money period!!!!

T2069bk 09-30-2011 04:17 PM

Wish I read this earlier.

Long story short...They also appear to operate as Kruk Singles.

I bought a card.
Forgot to pay for a day.
Got an e-mail to please pay.
Three days later got an e-mail that they don't actually have the card (that they just recently placed on sale no less) and they are cancelling the transaction.
Asked for my refund (after waiting two days from the cancellation request).
Was told "The refund will be coming some time next week. We only do them once a week for security."

Come on really... never again! And watch out...they could have another different account.