Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best coaches corner auction ever!!! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=122599)

thxforthebp 04-09-2010 03:04 PM

Best coaches corner auction ever!!!

1 Attachment(s)
This is hands down my favorite!!!

I guess Honus Wagner was able to sign and date this one 5 years after he was already dead!! They just keep getting more and more laughable

slidekellyslide 04-09-2010 03:11 PM

Wow...look how bad that Connie Mack is....and that's an awfully nice Wagner for something that was signed so early in his afterlife.

thxforthebp 04-09-2010 03:13 PM

The Ott looks REALLY bad as well.

yanksfan09 04-09-2010 03:24 PM

It looks like "Connie Wack"

And that signature is WACK!

FUBAR 04-09-2010 03:30 PM

they must use the same guy for Mel Ott that they use for Derek Jeter, same loops......

GrayGhost 04-09-2010 07:19 PM

haha. I didnt see that one. Maybe it was dated later? Wagner couldnt have signed it after he was deceased, could he?:D

AT some point, they will make a mistake, and will get investigated, and hopefully shut down. We all get laughs out of there auctions, but its pathetic and pitiful too.

gnaz01 04-09-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayGhost (Post 798599)
haha. I didnt see that one. Maybe it was dated later? Wagner couldnt have signed it after he was deceased, could he?:D

AT some point, they will make a mistake, and will get investigated, and hopefully shut down. We all get laughs out of there auctions, but its pathetic and pitiful too.

Yeah, what is disgusting also is the money Scott and Lee are making with this stuff. I mean is the ink even dry when they ship the crap?????

slidekellyslide 04-09-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnaz01 (Post 798603)
Yeah, what is disgusting also is the money Scott and Lee are making with this stuff. I mean is the ink even dry when they ship the crap?????

I don't really follow the Coach's Corner saga that closely....who are Scott and Lee?

bigtrain 04-09-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 798519)
....and that's an awfully nice Wagner for something that was signed so early in his afterlife.

Dan, Best quotable line of the day. :D

RichardSimon 04-10-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 798619)
I don't really follow the Coach's Corner saga that closely....who are Scott and Lee?

They are the two gentleman of ill repute who run CC.

GrayGhost 04-10-2010 06:56 AM

You know, if there was a "Wanted" section for this hobby, Id say the "Fiendish Fivesome" would be at the top of the list.

Ted and Jeff from Scat Authentic
Chris " I just authenticated a Pontius Pilate cut on a blue paper" Morales
and of course Lee and Scott ..the ringmasters of this illegal circus.

I have a feeling tho..a good one, that something will cause these guys to mess up or be investigated..

tinkereversandme 04-10-2010 01:01 PM

Scott is the son of Nick who also owns the company. Scott I think joined a few years ago (can you say, good parenting and way to fall in your old man's footsteps!).

How does anyone know the age of the glove to determine that it was signed in the afterlife?

This is one repulsive piece, among thousands offered in this auction alone. I just don't get it. I really don't.

Larry