Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   enough is enough (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245482)

bnorth 10-03-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1706989)
Things get heated in political debate. That's understandable. Sometimes there's insults, sometimes there's name calling. But you have one side that is so vile in their rhetoric taking it to the extreme. Let me give you a few examples.

“That motherf*cker, the one that was shot…. this motherf*cker, like his whole job is like to get people, to convince Republicans to f*cking kick people off f*cking health care. I hate this motherf*cker. I’m glad he got shot, I’m glad he got shot. I’m not going to f*cking say that in public. I wish he was f*cking dead.
-Phil Montag, Democratic Offical from Nebraska talking about the shooting of Steve Scalise

"I'm actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans are often republican gun toters>"
-Haley Geftman-Gold, CBS Attorney talking about the recent shooting in Las Vegas

Heck, even in this thread, you have people looking forward to the death of other board members.
"Your generation will be dead soon enough"
-gobucksmagic74 to another board member.

There are many other remarks made about Scalise and about the Las Vegas shooting victims that I won't even bring up. I don't understand the vile hatred that comes from this side.

LOL, David you have sent me worse PMs than those examples. I am sure you understand vile hatred.

Peter_Spaeth 10-03-2017 03:03 PM

Those comments are reprehensible but you could cherry pick some bad ones from the other side of the aisle too. Michelle Obama was the subject of some absolutely vile comments by state or local officials for example.

Leon 10-03-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewEnglandBaseBallist (Post 1706936)
Not to sound like a crybaby, but I wish there was somewhere I could go in this day and age where I don't have to have politics shoved down my throat 24/7. I listen to sports radio - it's all politics and hardly any sports talk (WEEI in the Boston Area being a prime example), social media - nothing but political arguments, chat boards the same thing and then of course television. It's nothing but Obama this and Trump that, even on websites and other media that have nothing whatsoever to do with politics. I once saw two guys fighting like rabid dogs about Obama and his policies a few years ago on a frigging Star Wars website. I know it's important and sometimes to the point where our freedom is at risk, but does it have to all the time? I just once would like to have a day where someone talks about a vacation they went on or a great meal they had or an anniversary or a grandchild's first birthday or how great the weather has been. Life is short enough without being pissed off and at war with each other all the time. I wish the whole country could just take a break for a week, celebrate the blessings we have in common and enjoy life. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part or the weed talking?

I am guessing a little of both but I do have to agree with your sentiments overall. That is the reason we don't discuss those things here. And I think we can all agree we should get back to talkin' cards. I am going to take Raymond's idea, right above, and close this one. It's been fun....sort of. Happy Collecting.