Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Closing Tonight: Love of the Game Auctions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237705)

Al C.risafulli 04-01-2017 09:10 AM

Closing Tonight: Love of the Game Auctions

Hi Everyone:

Just a reminder that the LOTG Spring sale closes tonight, with the extended bidding period beginning at 9:00.

Lots of great material in this one, including a complete E102 set (except one Wagner) broken out card-by-card, as well as lots of other E, N and T cards.

Also of note:

• A nice, collector-grade Gehrig rookie
• A beautiful Voskamp's Coffee Wagner
• More than 30 Felix Mendelsohns, including a Ruth
• More Exhibits than I've ever seen in one place
• More T210s than Exhibits
• Literally hundreds of signed 1952 Topps
• Lots of great memorabilia, autographs, and more

If you're so inclined, visit www.loveofthegameauctions.com to check out the auction. And as always, all you need to do is place a single bid in order to receive our next auction catalog when the time comes.

Thanks, and on the day before Opening Day, let me be the first to wish all of your favorite teams good luck this season!

-Al

irv 04-01-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli (Post 1646544)
Hi Everyone:

Just a reminder that the LOTG Spring sale closes tonight, with the extended bidding period beginning at 9:00.

Lots of great material in this one, including a complete E102 set (except one Wagner) broken out card-by-card, as well as lots of other E, N and T cards.

Also of note:

• A nice, collector-grade Gehrig rookie
• A beautiful Voskamp's Coffee Wagner
• More than 30 Felix Mendelsohns, including a Ruth
• More Exhibits than I've ever seen in one place
• More T210s than Exhibits
• Literally hundreds of signed 1952 Topps
• Lots of great memorabilia, autographs, and more

If you're so inclined, visit www.loveofthegameauctions.com to check out the auction. And as always, all you need to do is place a single bid in order to receive our next auction catalog when the time comes.

Thanks, and on the day before Opening Day, let me be the first to wish all of your favorite teams good luck this season!

-Al

Wouldn't that be a set to own!
Very nice, and very envious!
http://loveofthegameauctions.com/Aut...LOT13126.aspx#

talkinbaseball 04-01-2017 12:45 PM

Al,

I have a couple of bids in.

good luck until the early hours of the morning.

john & kyle

nolemmings 04-01-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkinbaseball (Post 1646620)
Al,

I have a couple of bids in.

good luck until the early hours of the morning.

john & kyle

The prankster in me would tell you that Al is ending all the auctions right at midnight EST, then post tomorrow that it was just bad April Fool's joke gone awry. However, I fear I would be tarred and feathered as a meddler, auction interloper and overall a-hole (when only the last of these is remotely accurate), so I too will brace for early tomorrow in which to turn off the lights.

BTW Al, extreme props to you for having such high-res scans of your auction lots. For those of us who are forced to collect vicariously, your auctions give us eye candy that we can save and savor for years with a right click-copy-paste regimen. Don't know if it's your scanner or high dpi settings or both, but man, the quality is Gem mint. Kudos my man.

MVSNYC 04-01-2017 05:53 PM

Good luck, Al!

I'm always a bidder, and a consignor.

Bestdj777 04-01-2017 06:41 PM

Good luck everyone! Lost the two I was going for.

jefferyepayne 04-01-2017 07:05 PM

LOTG is the kind of auction house everybody needs to get behind. Great descriptions, reasonable starting prices, honest owner, great site!

I'm definitely bidding.

jeff

T_Hamilton 04-01-2017 09:09 PM

The Cobb D304 SGC 20 already up to 9k... wowsers!

ethicsprof 04-01-2017 10:33 PM

Lotg

incredible auction!!! I'm going to stay up for this one, for sure.
all the best, Al

Barry

h2oya311 04-02-2017 08:07 AM

Holy Moley! 1926 Exhibit Gehringer sold for $5,500 + the juice! Wow!!! The 1924 Diaz Ted Lyons sold for a fair price. I was hoping it'd slip through the cracks and end under $1k since it had a starting bid of only $100. It ended around $2k. Congrats to the buyers and sellers!

CharleyBrown 04-02-2017 08:47 AM

Scored my first LOTG win last night. Excellent auction!

Snapolit1 04-02-2017 08:51 AM

Think its fair to say that Exhibits are no longer disrespected and underpriced.

ullmandds 04-02-2017 08:59 AM

I would like to thank a few of my good friends in the hobby for not beating me up on a Miller I need for my run!!! I am very happy to have won the blue crofts candy miller for my run...condition be damned!!! Some real strong prices all around Last night!!

edjs 04-02-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1646832)
I would like to thank a few of my good friends in the hobby for not beating me up on a Miller I need for my run!!! I am very happy to have won the blue crofts candy miller for my run...condition be damned!!! Some real strong prices all around Last night!!

Your welcome. I laid of all the Millers, thinking of you. Besides, I recently picked up the Sunset Miller, so that can be my sole representation. A run has already been done, I don't think I need to repeat your efforts. Congrat's on the pick up.

deltaarnet 04-02-2017 09:15 AM

Thanks goodness my bid held on for T202 Evers and Chance!!!! :) At work till midnight.:eek:

WillowGrove 04-02-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Hey congrats Pete! Always enjoy following your Dots collection. Nice to know it's complete. Good job!

x2drich2000 04-02-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Pete, I'm glad you ended up with it! So your down to just the Nadja, right? For my personal collection I picked up the Nadja Shean and the red crofts.

DJ

the-illini 04-02-2017 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up 13 M101-6 Felix Mendelsohn cards, including 11 I need for my set (as much as anyone can collect this whole set)

Another great auction by one of the best in the business!!!

Leon 04-02-2017 09:56 AM

once a...

3 Attachment(s)
Once a type card collector always a ....... from my original collection and back....Some of the scarcest cards in existence and they just don't bring the money relative to that fact....which I guess is good!!

nolemmings 04-02-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-illini (Post 1646845)
Picked up 13 M101-6 Felix Mendelsohn cards, including 11 I need for my set (as much as anyone can collect this whole set)

Another great auction by one of the best in the business!!!

I was thinking of you Chris-- figuring you were in your element trying to navigate all of those Mendelsohns. Was surprised that the Carey and Wheat did not go for a bunch more-- McGraw too (it's by far my favorite card of him) although that one is not that hard to find.

I picked off a toughie--D350-3 Standard Biscuit with "80 photographs" back. What made this most interesting to me is that I have never seen this error before on any of that advertiser's backs--Standard Biscuit Comyany?
https://loveofthegameauctions.com/It...2064a_med.jpeghttps://loveofthegameauctions.com/It...2064b_med.jpeg

talkinbaseball 04-02-2017 10:32 AM

Finally won my first 1910 T210 Old Mill Series 3 (Orange) George Leidy - SGC VG+ 45

John

Jersey City Giants 04-02-2017 10:51 AM

Nabbed the one I was going for and a few turns under my high bid!

Stonepony 04-02-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1646854)
Once a type card collector always a ....... from my original collection and back....Some of the scarcest cards in existence and they just don't bring the money relative to that fact....which I guess is good!!

I Love that Tattoo Orbit Foxx!!!

WillowGrove 04-02-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 1646866)
I was thinking of you Chris-- figuring you were in your element trying to navigate all of those Mendelsohns. Was surprised that the Carey and Wheat did not go for a bunch more-- McGraw too (it's by far my favorite card of him) although that one is not that hard to find.

I picked off a toughie--D350-3 Standard Biscuit with "80 photographs" back. What made this most interesting to me is that I have never seen this error before on any of that advertiser's backs--Standard Biscuit Comyany?
https://loveofthegameauctions.com/It...2064a_med.jpeghttps://loveofthegameauctions.com/It...2064b_med.jpeg

Todd that's pretty cool that you've never seen that before. Good eyes! Congrats.

Seiklis 04-02-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1646854)

Ah wondered who I was going against last night on this guy. My one win last night

1922 Service Player Candy

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture...ictureid=22375http://www.net54baseball.com/picture...ictureid=22376

ullmandds 04-03-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x2drich2000 (Post 1646844)
Pete, I'm glad you ended up with it! So your down to just the Nadja, right? For my personal collection I picked up the Nadja Shean and the red crofts.

DJ

nice pickups DJ and thx! I need Nadja and t216 Virginia Extra for sure!

tiger8mush 04-03-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 1646866)
I picked off a toughie--D350-3 Standard Biscuit with "80 photographs" back.

Nice pickup Todd!