Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What is the best, most authentic item AH'S? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=249135)

deagleii 12-21-2017 12:13 PM

What is the best, most authentic item AH'S?

Seems like most on here know of great AH's. I been a long time collector, evidently to trusting to the story behind the artifact. I want to purchase authentic stuff, however, the more that I study Mantle autographs they all start to look wonky. So I want to leave it to the professionals. If there are any left.

Please list the best auction houses if possible for collectors like myself who want authentic items.

Thanks in advance!

pawpawdiv9 12-21-2017 12:19 PM

Not to be rude,
but I would invest some time in learning & studying Mantle's auto versus the bad one.
Just like buying cards....study them.
and then..check using AuctionReport or OldCardboard calendar

Jeffrompa 12-21-2017 12:22 PM

Rea

Is the only auction house for me , but Chris is right study the real ones .

deagleii 12-21-2017 12:31 PM

Similarity

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrompa (Post 1731569)
Is the only auction house for me , but Chris is right study the real ones .

There are so many different autographs that is quite difficult. I never saw a Hornsby until recently and I was unsure if it was legit. I have printed numerous authentic items to compare too the item I was purchasing and can still be wrong. That is why i am trying to get all of your help.

I was curious on what people on this forum used. Goldin, REA, HA, hakes, etc...

T205 GB 12-21-2017 12:53 PM

They make a special loupe for tablets that slide across the screen. Then get a tablet of some sort and pull up a JSA certified auto and take the one your comparing and look at it that way. You will start seeing the differences with ease but you have to put in the long hours looking at them still to know whats good or not.

To touch on the original question, I would say no auction house is safe from fraudulent items. If your putting you eggs all in that basket expect to get them crushed at some point.

1952boyntoncollector 12-21-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T205 GB (Post 1731580)

To touch on the original question, I would say no auction house is safe from fraudulent items. If your putting you eggs all in that basket expect to get them crushed at some point.

that sounds painful

Sean 12-21-2017 01:53 PM

Have you considered Coaches Corner? :D

Just kidding. Please don't consider this an endorsement.

Shoeless Moe 12-21-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deagleii (Post 1731572)
I was curious on what people on this forum used. Goldin, REA, HA, hakes, etc...

All 4 are good, a couple not without issues, but their stuff is all solid. A rare one or two may slip past the goalie, but 99% is good.

Leon 12-23-2017 06:39 PM

Every single auction house misses something sometime. From the largest to the smallest they all have humans working for them. Until they don't then mistakes will happen. A lot of the issue has to do with how the AH handles a mistake. All of them I have dealt with have handled issues quickly. I know that is not the case all of the time for everyone. Any advertiser on this board (as well as most other reputable ones) will stand behind their auction items.