Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Strange USPS problem (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242788)

Jim65 07-24-2017 05:24 PM

Strange USPS problem

1 Attachment(s)
Has this ever happened to anyone?

I bought an item on Ebay this morning, seller sends me tracking number, 30 minutes later Ebay sends me message saying item was delivered. USPS website shows item was delivered in California where the seller is, I live in jersey. I hope when the package get scanned again it will work out. Its a fairly decent value item and definitely a unique item so I am a bit nervous now.

D. Bergin 07-24-2017 06:14 PM

Postal carrier hit the wrong button on his scanner when he picked up from the seller. He hit "delivered" instead of "accepted".

Fairly common problem. Hopefully tracking gets straightened out as it continues on it's way.

bobbyw8469 07-25-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 1683903)
Postal carrier hit the wrong button on his scanner when he picked up from the seller. He hit "delivered" instead of "accepted".

Fairly common problem. Hopefully tracking gets straightened out as it continues on it's way.

Agreed.....exact same thing happened to me....The postal clerk accidentally hit the DELIVERED button instead of the ACCEPTED button. It will still get scans as it goes across the country. I actually had to block an unscrupulous buyer who thought he was going to get away with the glitch, even though the final scan showed he received the card.

savedfrommyspokes 07-25-2017 10:24 AM

Do not worry, even though the item was scanned as "delivered", the first thing ebay CSRs will look at in a case like this is the how close your zipcode is to the "delivered" in zipcode. In this case, your zip and the seller's zip are far enough apart that you would be covered and eligible for a refund if for some reason the package never does arrive.

The farthest apart between the intended zipcode and the zip code where a package I sent showed as delivered and had ebay side with me, was about 30 miles (the package was simply mis-delivered at first and the buyer thankfully received it a few days later).

Jim65 07-25-2017 05:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the responses, it looks like it fixed itself although the first scan still says "delivered"

buymycards 07-25-2017 06:20 PM

scanning

When the carrier is delivering packages, the 'delivered" entry is on the main screen. When the carrier picks up a package, the carrier has to escape from the main screen and click on "package acceptance", and scan the package. This carrier obviously missed a step in the process. It won't have any effect on the subsequent scans. The first "delivered" scan will keep showing up during the entire process, but as long as it shows a "delivered" scan when it arrives at your home then you won't have a problem.

Good luck! Rick