Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   51 Mick Bowman- Ebay listing -fishing offers off Ebay. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=214277)

pawpawdiv9 11-18-2015 02:23 PM

51 Mick Bowman- Ebay listing -fishing offers off Ebay.

The card looks real..assuming hard to fake the gum stain and all.
By looking at the descripton, aint that against Ebay policy???
The seller is from Canada and with 2 feedback, not outing the auction, if someone was indeed looking to buy it, because its a beauty. And the Lou Gehrig 34 goudey is nice too!
Whats your thought if you read this in a Ebay description? I know we do it here, but..just someone trying to save cost perhaps, then what if a dealer does this, What about the auction bids ongoing?? Seller files a no longer has item claim?? Then why didnt the seller use the Best Offer option?

Quote:

1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle Rookie #253 PSA 4
Card is in Excellent Condition

If you have any offers that are reasonable please message me and we can do Direct Paypal

we ship worldwide Prices are

Canada 7.50
USA 8.50
Other Countries 15.00

Now if we accept your offers shipping will be free and it will have tracking number and no duty fee for anyone we promise that.

Thanks for looking and check out our other auctions !!!!!!!

D.P.Johnson 11-18-2015 02:41 PM

As far as the current auction bids, the seller will probably end the auction more than 24 hours prior to its completion so he/she won't incur any FVF's. If I'm not mistaken, Ebay allows sellers to do this several times per year without any penalty.

swarmee 11-18-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson (Post 1474142)
As far as the current auction bids, the seller will probably end the auction more than 24 hours prior to its completion so he/she won't incur any FVF's. If I'm not mistaken, Ebay allows sellers to do this several times per year without any penalty.

Used to be the case, but I think every auction ended early has the 10% taken out now. But yes, you should Report the listing for violating terms of eBay policy of accepting offers through messaging.

pokerplyr80 11-18-2015 11:18 PM

I'd say it's a big red flag. Not to mention the feedback score. Although his one reported sale is a psa 9 86 jordan. The card is real but I would be more worried that he doesn't really have it.

I saw something similar on an auction for a 52 mantle a while back, different seller. Willing to end auction early for the right offer. We agreed to a price and I asked for a few more pictures, including one with his ebay screen name written on a piece of paper next to it. He stopped responding after that.

1952boyntoncollector 11-19-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1474162)
Used to be the case, but I think every auction ended early has the 10% taken out now. But yes, you should Report the listing for violating terms of eBay policy of accepting offers through messaging.

as long as there is a bid...

you can start with a initial bid price that's 10% over market price and fish for direct sales...when you take it down there isn't any charge since no bids....so I am told..