Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   What is the best company for autograph authentication? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239753)

philliesfan 05-14-2017 04:35 PM

What is the best company for autograph authentication?

I have several items I would like to get authenticated for resale purposes. I know they are legit because I got them in person. What is the best company to get them authenticated for resale. JSA? PSA? Another?
Thanks,
Robert

Lordstan 05-14-2017 04:51 PM

For resale, PSA is the most well known, but I think it depends on the item. For most items, you will not likely see a huge difference.

philliesfan 05-14-2017 05:16 PM

What I have is single signed baseballs of Mantle, Williams and Joe DiMaggio, a photo of Mickey Mantle, and a photo of Mantle DiMaggio and Williams together. These are what I am looking to get authenticated. My others like Wilt Chamberlain 3x5 card and others I figure I would go with PSA.

Thanks again,
Robert

thenavarro 05-14-2017 05:53 PM

If you are hell bent on getting them authenticated for resale, call JSA, PSA, and Beckett, and negotiate your prices and go with the cheapest.

Never, ever, ever, pay the prices you see on their websites without first asking for a discount.

M

Lordstan 05-14-2017 06:17 PM

To follow on the tails of what Mike said, whether or not to cert for resale also depends on whether or not if the certed price is high enough to cover the cert costs. Will you get $150 more for a Mantle signed 8x10 photo(standard price) with cert vs without(I didn't even add in shipping to and from TPA)? If not, then why bother?

toyman55 05-14-2017 07:41 PM

I rely on all of the great members here on Net54 to authenticate my autographs. Why pay an authentication company tons of dollars you won't get back when there are so many knowledgeable members here who do a better job. Once I get a few positive remarks I save them and put them with the autographed item. Best of Luck.

Mr. Zipper 05-15-2017 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyman55 (Post 1661433)
I rely on all of the great members here on Net54 to authenticate my autographs. Why pay an authentication company tons of dollars you won't get back when there are so many knowledgeable members here who do a better job. Once I get a few positive remarks I save them and put them with the autographed item. Best of Luck.

He stated it was for resale purposes. While there are some knowledgable members here who offer solid guidance, "someone at Net54 sez so" isn't going to go very far when trying to sell an item elsewhere.

RichardSimon 05-15-2017 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have the items looked at on Net54 and then post them in BST with a link to the opinions on Net54.
Save you lots of money.
Here is what I do when I am forced to buy an already authenticated and entombed autograph.