Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PWCC PSA2 T3 Cobb (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=270912)

jayshum 07-05-2019 12:28 PM

PWCC PSA2 T3 Cobb

Anyone have thoughts about the PSA2 T3 Cobb that PWCC just listed? Given everything that has come out recently, is it worth bidding on?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-T3-Tur...MAAOSwndZdHlBb

They also have an SGC 1.5 with 2 pinholes listed, but I am trying to avoid cards with pinholes.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-05-2019 12:36 PM

Getting an error trying to use your link

jayshum 07-05-2019 12:37 PM

I just tried it again and it worked ok for me. Here it is again.

frankbmd 07-05-2019 12:37 PM

Dear Abby,

I am asking for your advice about bidding on a PWCC auction.

Sincerely,

Try this, just copy and paste and send to www.DearAbby.com

C-mack 07-05-2019 12:44 PM

Lol made a comment on the wrong card , sorry haha

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-05-2019 12:46 PM

working now.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-05-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 1895826)
Anyone have thoughts about the PSA2 T3 Cobb that PWCC just listed? Given everything that has come out recently, is it worth bidding on?

They also have an SGC 1.5 with 2 pinholes listed, but I am trying to avoid cards with pinholes.

Now to answer your question. PWCC has nothing worth bidding on, unless you want to support a corrupt company who has worked hand in glove for years with some of the wort people in the hobby. Then, have at it!

jayshum 07-05-2019 12:48 PM

The SGC card has an arrow pointing to Cobb's name on the back. I don't see a mark on the PSA 2 listing. Where are you seeing a pen mark?

pokerplyr80 07-05-2019 01:01 PM

It's a nice card that although accurately graded presents well for the grade. There is no pen mark on the card.

perezfan 07-05-2019 01:02 PM

Good to know that it is quote, "seldom seen on the market as nearly all our locked up within private investment portfolios".

I didn't realize that collectors had completely given way to private investment portfolios. And maybe when they claim that all our locked up, they're looking into their own prospective futures.

Kenny Cole 07-05-2019 01:13 PM

I would not bid. But I will never bid with PWCC again, irrespective of what the card is. I've already missed out on some cards that were high on my list, but they weren't high enough for me to sink that low. Stuff should not trump all IMO. That is my personal belief. However, to each their own I suppose.

Peter_Spaeth 07-05-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Cole (Post 1895848)
I would not bid. But I will never bid with PWCC again, irrespective of what the card is. I've already missed out on some cards that were high on my list, but they weren't high enough for me to sink that low. Stuff should not trump all IMO. That is my personal belief. However, to each their own I suppose.

As I've said, Isis could run a successful auction if they had the "stuff." People would make excuses or just not care because it is so important to have that card.

frankbmd 07-05-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1895859)
As I've said, Isis could run a successful auction if they had the "stuff." People would make excuses or just not care because it is so important to have that card.

Well, they know what the definition of is is.

Peter_Spaeth 07-05-2019 01:39 PM

Support fraud. Go for it.

Republicaninmass 07-05-2019 03:20 PM

Seriously? Support that jerk off, but then dont come crying here, to blow out, or Ebay when you see you've been cheated. ANY card that has a shot of being doctored is won by Moser, then consigned back. Many cards have been shilled or won by pwcc himself or Moser to be relisted. If anyone here thinks they "got one over" on ole Brentsy boy, you didnt.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-05-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1895859)

Assuming you don't mean the hot 1970's TV show super hero on after Shazam! :)

Republicaninmass 07-05-2019 03:25 PM

And pardon the harshness

But I suggest you do some homework on t3s.

Clearly has been pressed, upper left and lower right. Looks like a pin hole filled, and two erasure marks around his name

Bicem 07-05-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1895862)
Support fraud. Go for it.

This.

Or... just wait for another T3 Cobb to be sold by someone not so associated with shilling/altered cards/fraud/etc.

Choice should be pretty easy.

Republicaninmass 07-05-2019 06:56 PM

Well the blow out guys just posted it. From PSA A to a PSA 2

Big surprise

swarmee 07-05-2019 07:26 PM

"That's okay; I only collect low grade."

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-05-2019 07:29 PM

So good that we can trust all the players to do the right thing and police themselves...

Wonder who the consignor is?

Any questions NOW why I would never buy from PWCC?

jayshum 07-05-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1896002)
Well the blow out guys just posted it. From PSA A to a PSA 2

Big surprise

This is really the help I was asking for - if anyone knew if the card had been included in any of the lists of cards known to be altered. Thanks for pointing this out.

AGuinness 07-05-2019 07:40 PM

I think there are two approaches in light of PWCC’s involvement with recent developments: bid knowing that you may end up with a tainted card all while supporting a business that has caused irreparable harm to the hobby or don’t ever bid with them and put your time and effort into finding other examples of the card that fit your collection and budget with more reputable dealers. I chose the second option, even if the journey to find the right card takes much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter_Spaeth 07-05-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 1896017)
This is really the help I was asking for - if anyone knew if the card had been included in any of the lists of cards known to be altered. Thanks for pointing this out.

That's how it goes with PWCC.
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=3789

drcy 07-05-2019 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=frankbmd;1895830]Dear Abby,

Sincerely,

Ann Lander's saying was "Wake up and smell the coffee"

Republicaninmass 07-05-2019 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=drcy;1896031]
Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1895830)
Dear Abby,

Sincerely,

Ann Lander's saying was "Wake up and smell the coffee"

Or wait for Juan Valdez's donkey to crap on your lap

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pokerplyr80 07-05-2019 08:10 PM

In fairness to PWCC I bought this card a couple of years ago and consigned it recently. It was purchased on Ebay from a seller other than PWCC. Neither Brent nor I suspected it may have been altered. I will probably just pull the listing and determine what to do with it next.

frankbmd 07-05-2019 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=Republicaninmass;1896034]
Quote:

Originally Posted by drcy (Post 1896031)
Or wait for Juan Valdez's donkey to crap on your lap

Juan Valdez’s donkey was Colombian. In Costa Rica, a fellow really named Juan Valdez was used in an advertising campaign promoting Costa Rican coffee. I do not believe a donkey was used in the Costa Rican ads.

You can’t learn shit like this on any other baseball card message board.;)

kateighty 07-05-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1895914)
Assuming you don't mean the hot 1970's TV show super hero on after Shazam! :)

Thanks for that Scott. Made me laugh!

kateighty 07-05-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 1895826)

Hell to the no. No no no no no. If this T3 is a PSA 2 mine should be 7's. My guess is they're trying to get rid of their inventory under the radar. Don't fall for it.

kateighty 07-05-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1896036)
In fairness to PWCC I bought this card a couple of years ago and consigned it recently. It was purchased on Ebay from a seller other than PWCC. Neither Brent nor I suspected it may have been altered. I will probably just pull the listing and determine what to do with it next.

Please do. Also clarify who exactly you purchased it from as that eBay sale should pop up upon running the cert number through PSA.

Peter_Spaeth 07-05-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateighty (Post 1896062)
Please do. Also clarify who exactly you purchased it from as that eBay sale should pop up upon running the cert number through PSA.

PSA site is not entirely reliable in identifying sales.

pokerplyr80 07-05-2019 09:20 PM

My purchase is recorded on vcp if anyone cares to verify what I wrote.

steve B 07-05-2019 09:30 PM

Tried following the VCP link on the blowout post, and got ….

A black page with small text saying "Only gold members can view auction images click here to upgrade"

BLongley 07-06-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1896036)

Really? This Cobb is yours? At this point in time we know Brent sees dollar signs and is full of it, and we clearly can’t accept his opinion on anything in this hobby he is doing such great things for.

You now own a T3 Cobb that had pencil marks clearly on the O’s in Cobb and clearly erased now with the before and after photos.

Sorry for your loss, but at least someone else won’t be duped and assuming you bought it in the PSA 2 holder you can try and take it up with PSA to get your money back?

BLongley 07-06-2019 12:30 AM

And for anyone interested here is the link to BO with the Cobb and a couple others including a T206 Matty Portrait with apparent Moser ties.... who Brent and Betsy are no longer selling any cards of BTW...

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1304350

BLongley 07-06-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1895844)
It's a nice card that although accurately graded presents well for the grade. There is no pen mark on the card.

And since I’m on a roll here... Jesse I would think this comment from you was a bit inappropriate since you’re the consigned... saying it presents well for the grade is not an unbiased opinion....

drcy 07-06-2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLongley (Post 1896097)
And since I’m on a roll here... Jesse I would think this comment from you was a bit inappropriate since you’re the consigned... saying it presents well for the grade is not an unbiased opinion....

In the same thread he said on his own that it is his, so it can be forgiven.

Kenny Cole 07-06-2019 01:47 AM

OK. I think it is not wrong to say that I am not a Jesse fan. But fair is fair. He fessed up, and I am good with that. Thank you for at least being honest.

Aquarian Sports Cards 07-06-2019 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 1896017)

This is just proof that stuff trumps everything. The fact that you care more about the specific card than the seller is just....

Republicaninmass 07-06-2019 04:38 AM

Quote:

Regardless it is incorrect. However with "blood in the streets ", as one poster mentioned, surrounding some questionable bidding, ie irrefutable proof of their ID and Whitman running up auctions,doctored cards, including ones PWCC bought themselves having been doctored, etc. Quite a risk consigning to them at this time. I've never been one to spell things out for others, but it's getting easier to connect the dots day in and day out.

deadballpaul 07-06-2019 05:29 AM

No, I would not & will not bid on his auctions.

pokerplyr80 07-06-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

I figured it was clear from my comment that it was my card. Why else would I write it? How would I know it presents well if I hadn't seen it in hand? It was no secret I owned the card. I posted it here in the BST a while back. And I PM'd the OP at the same time I wrote that comment ironically to assure him it wasn't a Moser consignment but was mine and shouldn't be assumed to be altered because of where it is currently listed.

BLongley 07-06-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1896158)
I figured it was clear from my comment that it was my card. Why else would I write it? How would I know it presents well if I hadn't seen it in hand? It was no secret I owned the card. I posted it here in the BST a while back. And I PM'd the OP at the same time I wrote that comment ironically to assure him it wasn't a Moser consignment but was mine and shouldn't be assumed to be altered because of where it is currently listed.

It was 100% unclear based on your initial comment. It would have been clear if you wrote in your post that it was your card. You didn’t write that until much later, which based on your analysis would have been unnecessary, so not sure why you needed to state it later then.

At any rate, good luck getting your money back, because in all seriousness it does suck that PSA gave it a PSA 2 when it’s altered. Or perhaps Darby-S will refund you if you haven’t reached out to him yet.

pokerplyr80 07-06-2019 12:12 PM

I could see you weren't the only one who did not make the connection. It was clear to me, but obviously not everyone else. Others were calling out PWCC and wondering who consigned it. So I clarified.

ullmandds 07-06-2019 12:15 PM

the connection was neither obvious nor implied.

frankbmd 07-06-2019 12:25 PM

It was a very shaky connection like a Legos tower after the earthquake.:eek:

ullmandds 07-06-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1896200)

dunno Frank...the lego structures I made as a kid were solid as a rock!!!!!

Republicaninmass 07-06-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1896200)

Too soon?

Republicaninmass 07-06-2019 12:42 PM

I guess if I had upcoming consignments with PWCC, I'd be desperately trying to convince people to buy them. This would Include but not limited to:

Defending pwcc
Telling people it's a good time to buy from pwcc
Not all their cards are altered