Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Babe Ruth? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=166309)

David Atkatz 04-06-2013 03:30 PM

Give it up, James. We'll get nothing from Chris. (Except, of course, how completely full of himself he is. Oh, the sacrifices he's made for us. "It's what he does.")

Still waiting to see the entire Ruth photo Chris. Or is it to dangerous to post it?

David Atkatz 04-06-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss (Post 1113383)
To me the Ruth sig looks good, but if you say no, then I believe you.

Why?

thetruthisoutthere 04-06-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1113620)
Give it up, James. We'll get nothing from Chris. (Except, of course, how completely full of himself he is. Oh, the sacrifices he's made for us. "It's what he does.")

Still waiting to see the entire Ruth photo Chris. Or is it to dangerous to post it?

Whenever you don't get your way, David, you toss insults.

Why?

I possess information that you want, and because I won't give it to you, you hurl insults.

Why?

Why don't you and James do your own leg work if you want certain information that badly?

Runscott 04-06-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1113681)

Why?

I possess information that you want, and because I won't give it to you, you hurl insults.

Why?

Why don't you and James do your own leg work if you want certain information that badly?

I have to agree with Chris. If Chris knows for certain that a signature is bad, then all he has to do is tell us so, and we should accept it. If you guys want to know what his evidence is, you'll have to figure it out on your own. He gave us the clue we needed by supplying us with the 'fact' that the signature is bad. He didn't get where he is by giving away the reasons and facts behind his decisions. So in a way, he is teaching us how to fish, as opposed to handing us a fish.

Now we just need to have a contest to see who's facts coincide closest to the real facts that Chris is in possession of.

Get to work boys.

travrosty 04-06-2013 06:25 PM

there is no proof of anything, he is not in possession of anything. no one wants what he has, because he doesn't have anything. and anything not worthy of showing other people in a hobby where the proof is in the pudding is not of any consequence.

Westsiders 04-06-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1113624)
Why?

I get the frustration...but what Chris is doing is no different than what the two big TPA's do. :rolleyes:

HRBAKER 04-06-2013 06:43 PM

I haven't seen them come here and post something and ask people what they think. In that way what he does is different. And I don't care whether he shares what he knows or thinks he knows, that's up to him. Just pointing out the difference in response to your post.

jgmp123 04-06-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1113683)
I have to agree with Chris. If Chris knows for certain that a signature is bad, then all he has to do is tell us so, and we should accept it. If you guys want to know what his evidence is, you'll have to figure it out on your own. He gave us the clue we needed by supplying us with the 'fact' that the signature is bad. He didn't get where he is by giving away the reasons and facts behind his decisions. So in a way, he is teaching us how to fish, as opposed to handing us a fish.

Now we just need to have a contest to see who's facts coincide closest to the real facts that Chris is in possession of.

Get to work boys.

Cool. I'll get right to that....David should I call you or do you wanna call me? Wanna get pizza or Chinese?

ss 04-06-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1113624)
Why?

That's a fair question David. Maybe I should not.

shelly 04-06-2013 07:52 PM

What I find really amazing is how so many of you are upset with Chris. He says its bad and you go after him like he committed a crime. If you think he is correct good if you dont good. There is not one person on this site that does not know how Chris goes about his work. Enough all ready.

David Atkatz 04-06-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1113681)

Why?

Why?

With every post you make, Chris--and, of course, with every post you don''t make-you lose more and more credibility.

Nice work.

thetruthisoutthere 04-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1113738)
With every post you make, Chris--and, of course, with every post you don''t make-you lose more and more credibility.

Nice work.

Coming from you, David, I take that as a compliment.

jgmp123 04-06-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1113736)
What I find really amazing is how so many of you are upset with Chris. He says its bad and you go after him like he committed a crime. If you think he is correct good if you dont good. There is not one person on this site that does not know how Chris goes about his work. Enough all ready.

Shelly,

I have actually been very civil with Chris. Even several page back when he said "JSA did not cert this Ruth" and I politely displayed the screenshot showing they did.
The issue isn't Chris the person, but rather the condescending tone he takes anytime he responds. He doesn't know me, so calling me clueless is uncalled for.

Alicia Silverstone and Brittany Murphy are "Clueless" not I.

slidekellyslide 04-06-2013 08:58 PM

Chris, have you relayed 100% of the information you have regarding this autograph to H&S or JSA?

ss 04-07-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Chris tells us that the Babe Ruth ticket is a forgery. He is disappointed in JSA and Huggins. Should they pull the item just bc he says they should? I wouldn't. He says he has relayed all information to Huggins. They do the right thing and come on here and tell us in a fairly detailed manner why they believe Chris is wrong. If Chris really believes it is bad, he should post why. If there is general agreement here that Chris is right, I guarantee that Huggins will do the right thing. That is why it is important Shelly. To say "we'll that's how Chris does it" is fine, but it is not a reason for Huggins to pull the item. Up to this point they have done the right and stand up thing; it is Chris who has not.

thetruthisoutthere 04-07-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss (Post 1113861)
Chris tells us that the Babe Ruth ticket is a forgery. He is disappointed in JSA and Huggins. Should they pull the item just bc he says they should? I wouldn't. He says he has relayed all information to Huggins. They do the right thing and come on here and tell us in a fairly detailed manner why they believe Chris is wrong. If Chris really believes it is bad, he should post why. If there is general agreement here that Chris is right, I guarantee that Huggins will do the right thing. That is why it is important Shelly. To say "we'll that's how Chris does it" is fine, but it is not a reason for Huggins to pull the item. Up to this point they have done the right and stand up thing; it is Chris who has not.

Steve and Dan, all of the participants are well aware of my concerns.

Did I expect Huggins & Scott to pull it because of my concerns? No.

Should they pull that Babe Ruth Signed Ticket because of my concerns? Probably not.

But I did want to make all of the participants aware of my concerns.

I wouldn't have posted this thread if I wasn't serious.

thetruthisoutthere 04-07-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Thank you, Shelly.

thetruthisoutthere 04-07-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1113761)
Shelly,

I have actually been very civil with Chris. Even several page back when he said "JSA did not cert this Ruth" and I politely displayed the screenshot showing they did.
The issue isn't Chris the person, but rather the condescending tone he takes anytime he responds. He doesn't know me, so calling me clueless is uncalled for.

Alicia Silverstone and Brittany Murphy are "Clueless" not I.

James, it was your demanding attitude that perturbed me. Then, on top of that, you had your facts wrong.

James, have you ever considered doing your own leg work if you desire certain information?

James, if one day you decide to do take your own time and expense to acquire information that you desire, and if you acquire that information, then you can make your own decision whether or not to publish it.

jgmp123 04-07-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1113898)
James, it was your demanding attitude that perturbed me. Then, on top of that, you had your facts wrong.

James, have you ever considered doing your own leg work if you desire certain information?

James, if one day you decide to do take your own time and expense to acquire information that you desire, and if you acquire that information, then you can make your own decision whether or not to publish it.

Chris,

You love to pick fights so let's do it...Please use your copy/paste magic to show where my attitude was "demanding"....and please include examples that were unprovoked and unwarranted.

I honestly always wanted to avoid getting into these kind of thread spats with you, but man...you just make it too easy. You are the one and only COMMON DENOMINATOR in every thread that goes south...

jgmp123 04-07-2013 10:22 AM

Also, as far as "own legwork" is concerned...my religion, job, wife, and 2 little girls (ages 4 & 2) take precedent over all of that. This started out as a thread asking for you to provide additional details of your findings just like every other thread that ends up like this.

rscheck 04-07-2013 10:28 AM

Ruth Ticket

I own the Ruth ticket in question. Josh passed the link to me and I registered this morning. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have regarding the item. The only thing I can really do is convey the story of how I obtained it.

Deertick 04-07-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscheck (Post 1113949)
I own the Ruth ticket in question. Josh passed the link to me and I registered this morning. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone may have regarding the item. The only thing I can really do is convey the story of how I obtained it.

Welcome!

Maybe you could tell us what additional evidence Chris may have shared with you. I am just doing my own "legwork". :D

thetruthisoutthere 04-07-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1113943)
Also, as far as "own legwork" is concerned...my religion, job, wife, and 2 little girls (ages 4 & 2) take precedent over all of that. This started out as a thread asking for you to provide additional details of your findings just like every other thread that ends up like this.

James, I can certainly appreciate your more important commitments, but since you're not doing the leg work to acquire that information, I will decide what I will or will not publish.

Fair enough?

HRBAKER 04-07-2013 10:40 AM

So at the end of the day, Chris says it's bad, SGC says it's good (twice) if I am reading this right. Neither is inclined to tell you why. Some that's good enough for, some not. All in all just a typical Net54 Autograph Forum thread, right?

rscheck 04-07-2013 10:42 AM

Ruth Ticket

I haven't spoken to him yet. I did read the string and what I can tell you is I was given the ticket by a women that stated she was at the game and saw Babe at a radio broadcast after and had the ticket signed. My dad was a maintenance manger at a condo complex in Delray Beach Florida for over 20 years. This woman was one of the residents. My dad would talk to all the residents and apparently my brother and I were topics for him to bring up. I was living in Florida after I got out of the service and he apparently told her I was a Yankee fan (I grew up in NYC). She asked him if he thought I would like a Babe Ruth autograph. She apparently went into her bedroom and came out with the ticket. My dad conveyed this to me, I went over to meet her, and had a nice chat and wound up with the ticket. I then took it and put it in one of those plastic holders with screws and have had it since sometime in 1992. I am not sure but judging by where she lived and the story I would put her at close to 70 when I met her.

jgmp123 04-07-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1113955)
James, I can certainly appreciate your more important commitments, but since you're not doing the leg work to acquire that information, I will decide what I will or will not publish.

Fair enough?

Fair enough Chris. Thank you for the details you have already provided.

jgmp123 04-07-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscheck (Post 1113961)
I haven't spoken to him yet. I did read the string and what I can tell you is I was given the ticket by a women that stated she was at the game and saw Babe at a radio broadcast after and had the ticket signed. My dad was a maintenance manger at a condo complex in Delray Beach Florida for over 20 years. This woman was one of the residents. My dad would talk to all the residents and apparently my brother and I were topics for him to bring up. I was living in Florida after I got out of the service and he apparently told her I was a Yankee fan (I grew up in NYC). She asked him if he thought I would like a Babe Ruth autograph. She apparently went into her bedroom and came out with the ticket. My dad conveyed this to me, I went over to meet her, and had a nice chat and wound up with the ticket. I then took it and put it in one of those plastic holders with screws and have had it since sometime in 1992. I am not sure but judging by where she lived and the story I would put her at close to 70 when I met her.

If you don't mind me asking, at what point were you prompted to have the piece authenticated and if you knew it was authentic, then why send it off for 3rd party authentication?

rscheck 04-07-2013 10:50 AM

Ruth Ticket

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1113963)
If you don't mind me asking, at what point were you prompted to have the piece authenticated and if you knew it was authentic, then why send it off for 3rd party authentication?

A) I don't mind you asking at all B) It was authenticated when I sent it to Huggins and Scott to be auctioned.

jgmp123 04-07-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscheck (Post 1113966)
A) I don't mind you asking at all B) It was authenticated when I sent it to Huggins and Scott to be auctioned.

Thank you for your response.:)

thetruthisoutthere 04-07-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1113962)

Thank you, James, and you're welcome.

Much appreciated.

Deertick 04-07-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscheck (Post 1113961)

Sounds like a scenario for "Treasure Detectives". They will:
  • Verify Ruths' whereabouts
  • verify womans identity and movements
  • Authenticate ticket
  • Authenticate autograph
  • X-ray the ticket for the hell of it
  • Talk to Chris

ss 04-07-2013 11:38 AM

So what do folks think specifically about the Ruth autograph? When Chris posted it, I felt it was good. David did as well. What do others think?

shelly 04-07-2013 12:09 PM

I am going to say no but I sure would like the people I respect to open there mouths.:D

Big Dave 04-07-2013 12:16 PM

I believe the autograph is authentic and have from the beginning.

David Atkatz 04-07-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgmp123 (Post 1113962)

What details?

Here is what Chris has said:

"This Ruth is bad."
"This one is, too."
"The forger of these lives in Michigan."

You see any "details"?

jgmp123 04-07-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1114014)
What details?

Here is what Chris has said:

"This Ruth is bad."
"This one is, too."
"The forger of these lives in Michigan."

You see any "details"?

Those are the details I was referring to...now on to my own legwork...

jgmp123 04-07-2013 12:42 PM

I want to believe that the ticket/signature is real, but my gut is telling me no. I don't believe the stub is real and that in itself should rule out the signature.

slidekellyslide 04-07-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1113874)
Steve and Dan, all of the participants are well aware of my concerns.

Did I expect Huggins & Scott to pull it because of my concerns? No.

Should they pull that Babe Ruth Signed Ticket because of my concerns? Probably not.

But I did want to make all of the participants aware of my concerns.

I wouldn't have posted this thread if I wasn't serious.

We can all see that they are aware of your concerns...have you relayed to them 100% of what you know about this autograph? You don't have to tell us what that is, because obviously you are not going to tell us, but have you told them WHY it is bad?

David Atkatz 04-07-2013 03:42 PM

Dan, according to the consignor, Chris has never been in touch.
But he did announce to the board that he sought his contact info.

Issuing pronouncements to the board should be enough. How dare anyone ask for more?

rscheck 04-07-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1114104)
Dan, according to the consignor, Chris has never been in touch.
But he did announce to the board that he sought his contact info.

Issuing pronouncements to the board should be enough. How dare anyone ask for more?

David,

Sorry if it came out that way. Chris left me a message yesterday with no phone number and said he would call me back this afternoon. I am still waiting to hear from him today.

David Atkatz 04-07-2013 04:01 PM

He's probably out doing some legwork...

RichardSimon 04-07-2013 04:41 PM

According to the consignor's own post Chris did get in touch with him. They were just playing phone tag.
Seems like some people will go out of their way to knock others, even if it means making posts with incorrect statements.

David Atkatz 04-07-2013 04:55 PM

Hey, Richard! Good to hear from you! How about an opinion on the Ruth ticket?

David Atkatz 04-07-2013 05:47 PM

C'mon, Richard. We're all waiting for you to take a stand.

slidekellyslide 04-07-2013 06:02 PM

How difficult is it to answer the question I posed? Nothing is going to be revealed to Net54 by answering my question. We're all supposed to think that Chris is the final word on this autograph and how dare H&S not pull it from the auction, but we don't even know if Chris told them what he knows about it.

earlywynnfan 04-07-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1114163)
How difficult is it to answer the question I posed? Nothing is going to be revealed to Net54 by answering my question. We're all supposed to think that Chris is the final word on this autograph and how dare H&S not pull it from the auction, but we don't even know if Chris told them what he knows about it.

Ask Chris a few more times. That doesn't work for my questions, but maybe it'll work for yours.

David Atkatz 04-07-2013 06:05 PM

Dan, you're far too diplomatic. You act as if Chris is not full of shit, giving him the benefit of the doubt again and again. In reality, Chris "knows" nothing more than he's already said. "The Ruth is bad." His "eye" told him, and his eye is never wrong.

ss 04-07-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Atkatz (Post 1114158)
C'mon, Richard. We're all waiting for you to take a stand.

Keep to the high road David. You've been great on this thread.

David Atkatz 04-07-2013 06:08 PM

OK, Steve. Thanks for reining me in.

thetruthisoutthere 04-07-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slidekellyslide (Post 1114163)

Dan, what are you talking about?

I went fishing earlier today, Dan. Then I spent a few hours watching both the Knicks and the Yankees, Dan. Is that okay with you, Dan?

I sent Josh my phone number, Dan. When he calls, him and I will talk and I will explain everything to him, Dan.

Amazing, Dan, the demanding from you.

But it's okay for Atkatz to call me a a**hole and no one writes a word about that, Dan.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=166656&page=3

And, Dan, it's okay for Atkatz to hurl insult after insult at me, but no demand for him to stop from anyone.

Interesting double-standard around here. Either that, or David's feeble attempts to intellectually-bully people around here is working.