Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   probstein123 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244376)

Mrmiamih 08-31-2017 04:55 PM

probstein123

Seems like he is starting a lot of bids out at $25 now

clydepepper 09-06-2017 09:41 AM

probstein is dead to me

Mrmiamih 09-06-2017 10:12 AM

may I ask why

bswhiten 09-06-2017 01:01 PM

Those are his own cards.

clydepepper 09-06-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrmiamih (Post 1698394)
may I ask why

Blocked me from bidding on his items (which I don't mind).

When I inquired why, however, he claimed I did a friend of his wrong but would never elaborate though I asked politely more than once.

This, I did not like as I pride myself for having the highest of standards both as a buyer and a seller.

I have a feedback score of (6,010) 100% positive in almost 18 years on EBAY.

That doesn't happen by accident.

If there was ever someone I did not give the best customer service to, I would want an opportunity to make it right.

There's enough competition for me to bypass his items (in addition to Dean's and battlefield)- and I won't miss anything - he is just a hypocrite.

Currently, I am not in a buying mode for vintage as I made a couple of high-dollar purchases in August and am using BST to help offset that bill if only slightly.

For, modern cards, I am avoiding EBAY as much as possible due to what I feel are greedy fee policies.

I have made several purchases through the Beckett Marketplace though I do pay through EBAY's quasi property PAYPAL - and get charged 25 cents when I have the balances transferred to my bank account.

As I said before, probstein is dead to me...

and ebay is on life support.

Just my own way of handling things...obviously, not for everyone.

-Raymond

deeg23 09-07-2017 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1698675)
Blocked me from bidding on his items (which I don't mind).

When I inquired why, however, he claimed I did a friend of his wrong but would never elaborate though I asked politely more than once.

This, I did not like as I pride myself for having the highest of standards both as a buyer and a seller.

I have a feedback score of (6,010) 100% positive in almost 18 years on EBAY.

That doesn't happen by accident.

If there was ever someone I did not give the best customer service to, I would want an opportunity to make it right.

There's enough competition for me to bypass his items (in addition to Dean's and battlefield)- and I won't miss anything - he is just a hypocrite.

Currently, I am not in a buying mode for vintage as I made a couple of high-dollar purchases in August and am using BST to help offset that bill if only slightly.

For, modern cards, I am avoiding EBAY as much as possible due to what I feel are greedy fee policies.

I have made several purchases through the Beckett Marketplace though I do pay through EBAY's quasi property PAYPAL - and get charged 25 cents when I have the balances transferred to my bank account.

As I said before, probstein is dead to me...

and ebay is on life support.

Just my own way of handling things...obviously, not for everyone.

-Raymond

I'd be pretty salty about that too! I was actually bidding on four or five cards last night that Probstein had and they ALL ended at the same exact time. Why would they do that? I probably would've bid a little more on the ones I lost out on if I had known the outcome of the others beforehand. Seems silly to me...

Republicaninmass 09-07-2017 06:09 AM

Did I read Correctly in one of his emails he has had 300 MILLION sold in consignments? Sure only 5 buyers actually paid, but it is a staggering number

Topnotchsy 09-15-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1698702)
Did I read Correctly in one of his emails he has had 300 MILLION sold in consignments? Sure only 5 buyers actually paid, but it is a staggering number

Believe it is $100 million.

RayBShotz 09-15-2017 09:26 AM

One of my favorite auctioneers on the Bay.
Excellent scans; ships quickly and securely, and you can often win cards in reasonable hammer price ranges unlike PWCC.
I have never experienced an issue with any of his auctions as a potential buyer.
RayB