Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I need to hear some good news. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=202323)

bnorth 03-09-2024 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2418552)
Ben-
thats is wrong that people are taking this for the wrong reasons.
Stars & Actors are doing this for weight loss...yeah it works for that
but some folks need this for blood sugar. Mine A1C is down to 6.0 and need to jump the hurdle and eat more veggies and be more efficient exercising...i do about 10-15K steps per day.
The testerone gel helps in the mornings to get me going..wears off at noon.

My friend has diabetes he just won't change anything and expects medication to do everything for him.

That is awesome you are doing 10-15K steps a day. Weirdly that is also my goal. I got a Fitbit a couple weeks ago to track steps and other stuff.

On a funny side note I now have 3 items that tell time on me. I have to put the Fitbit on my right wrist because of the one small tattoo I have on my left wrist. Then I have a real mechanical watch on my left wrist because I like man jewelry. Then of course my cell phone.

bnorth 03-09-2024 12:27 PM

double post

todeen 03-18-2024 09:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My son's hockey season wrapped up. The local WHL team asks hockey players to sell tickets. if they sell more than 40 they get to sit on the bench while players warm-up. We got 5 free tickets. While on the bench, he got his favorite player to sign his poster. He was the only kid who brought something to sign and have a sharpie! Plus, Chiefs won 7-6 in a real thriller and clinched a playoff berth.
Attachment 614923
Attachment 614924

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk

todeen 03-18-2024 10:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Another piece of good news is my house remodel, kitchen cabinets were installed. While that is good, it's not the greatest news. Our contractor is assigning us errands so that we can stretch our budget (errands he doesn't want to do himself... like scrape popcorn ceilings which we completed in January). We took a HUD remodel loan, and the HUD agent gave a list of expected fixes not including our desired changes. Because of 60-70 degree temps (this is the good news!), we've been working on the house and these errands since Friday. Most time consuming is scraping and painting the base siding of the house. It did not have rain gutters and when it rained it splashed up and ruined the bottom panel. But we've been saving money on labor, and the contractor will reallocate that money somewhere else!
Attachment 614925
Attachment 614926
Attachment 614927

nj3356673 03-22-2024 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2420619)
Another piece of good news is my house remodel, kitchen cabinets were installed. While that is good, it's not the greatest news. Our contractor is assigning us errands so that we can stretch our budget (errands he doesn't want to do himself... like scrape popcorn ceilings which we completed in January). We took a HUD remodel loan, and the HUD agent gave a list of expected fixes not including our desired changes. Because of 60-70 degree temps (this is the good news!), we've been working on the house and these errands since Friday. Most time consuming is scraping and painting the base siding of the house. It did not have rain gutters and when it rained it splashed up and ruined the bottom panel. But we've been saving money on labor, and the contractor will reallocate that money somewhere else!
Attachment 614925
Attachment 614926
Attachment 614927

I love painting, clean job[emoji41][emoji3589]

bnorth 03-22-2024 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2420619)
Attachment 614925
Attachment 614926
Attachment 614927

Congrats on the progress. Also congrats on finding a contractor that will let you help AND give you a better price for doing it. As a retired contractor in all honesty we will make the bill bigger IF the owner thinks they need to help almost every time.

I have kinda good news or I just wasn't cheap this year.:D I booked the Hilton beside the Strongest Man on Earth strongman contest in Loveland CO this year. The athletes stay there and since there is 3 full days of events it is easiest to just be able to walk across the street to attend the events.

pawpawdiv9 03-22-2024 02:09 PM

Guys, i get that homeowners like sweat equity....but sometimes you say WTF?
Let them go ahead, but if the homewoner screws up, it will cost 2x as much :D
We had to do that on some of our commercial buildings, those that have in-house so-called maintaince men.

BTW- i had 3 teeth pulled last week...now i feel like hillbilly Joe with a gap.
Luckily i still have 2 baby teeth behind it to fill it in.

On a good note: Today i get text messages from Lara Trump to do a survey to support our Republicans.
Then shortly after, got another to tell the Democrats to keep hands of Trump towers. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

todeen 03-23-2024 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2421409)
Congrats on the progress. Also congrats on finding a contractor that will let you help AND give you a better price for doing it. As a retired contractor in all honesty we will make the bill bigger IF the owner thinks they need to help almost every time.

I have kinda good news or I just wasn't cheap this year.:D I booked the Hilton beside the Strongest Man on Earth strongman contest in Loveland CO this year. The athletes stay there and since there is 3 full days of events it is easiest to just be able to walk across the street to attend the events.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2421460)
Guys, i get that homeowners like sweat equity....but sometimes you say WTF?
Let them go ahead, but if the homewoner screws up, it will cost 2x as much :D
We had to do that on some of our commercial buildings, those that have in-house so-called maintaince men.

BTW- i had 3 teeth pulled last week...now i feel like hillbilly Joe with a gap.
Luckily i still have 2 baby teeth behind it to fill it in.

On a good note: Today i get text messages from Lara Trump to do a survey to support our Republicans.
Then shortly after, got another to tell the Democrats to keep hands of Trump towers. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Luckily I have prior experience with home remodeling. So removing garbage, painting, basic construction, deck building, scraping popcorn ceilings, taping drywall and plaster, laying pavers for sidewalks.... that's about it. But I also know my limits. Electrical, plumbing, tile and grout, all those are beyond my pay grade. I believe the last chore on my to do list is sloping the exterior away from the home.

Our contractor got a job with a commercial developer and has been given projects over in a development. I'm not sure they want to give us everything they have, but with a HUD loan there are time restraints (6 months max). So this is a simple way to keep work moving to keep HUD happy. But the contractor has also told us certain projects he will not allow us to complete. My sister in law said she can install flooring and our contractor quickly said no.

pawpawdiv9 03-23-2024 06:06 PM

^^impressive you can do all that
I work guys with 0 experience—you’re hired
Plus you look young and taking your time
To Make it right- Nice!!
When you go get done- you have satisfaction
Of a job well done and you done that
Makes you feel good

todeen 03-23-2024 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 2421757)
^^impressive you can do all that
I work guys with 0 experience—you’re hired
Plus you look young and taking your time
To Make it right- Nice!!
When you go get done- you have satisfaction
Of a job well done and you done that
Makes you feel good

Thank you. I had zero experience when I took my landscaping construction job one summer in college (we built waterfalls), and zero experience when I took a home remodeling job the year after college. but my bosses liked me because I got to the job site on time every morning! Amazing how far basic responsibility can carry you in life!