Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1973 laughlin stand up Tom Seaver value help (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=199540)

MGHPro 01-07-2015 04:11 PM

1973 laughlin stand up Tom Seaver value help

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell me what this is actually worth - what can I actually expect to get for it ?
Signed by seaver and laughlin.. Some minor wear
Thanks for the help
Matt

paul 01-07-2015 06:07 PM

I searched for one of those for about 30 years. Finally picked one up -- unsigned -- about a year ago for a little over $300. I'm not sure if the signature adds to the value or not.

laughlinfan 01-07-2015 06:29 PM

Love the stand-ups! Every one is a work of art - Bob, colored each one by hand so there are quite often lots of variations.

Thanks, Paul - I remember your search and I thought the one you got finished around 250-300, but couldn't remember for certain.

On this one, the Seaver autograph adds to it for sure, but not a ton as his autographs are not super scarce. Bob Laughlin's autograph is not a big selling point, since he signed a majority of these. The stain on the front takes away a bit from the presentation value.

I keep my eye on the auctions for these, and they rarely sell anywhere near the prices they list at in the guide. I have about 14 or 15 of them, and I haven't ever paid more than $125 for any of them, but that has been over many years and the demand has gone up. Seaver is a fairly tough one to find, though. There are at least three as Paul and I each have one! :)

My guess is that it might go for anywhere between 200-400 in an auction, but that is just a guess. If you get two people who want it, maybe more. Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do with it!

MGHPro 01-07-2015 07:05 PM

Thanks for the fast replies... I appreciate it. I will be selling it, so if anyone has interest, please let me know
Thanks
Matt

MGHPro 01-08-2015 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the back
Thanks

Hammerin'Hank 01-08-2015 08:07 AM

Gorgeous card / standup thingy !

LeftHandedDane 01-12-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laughlinfan (Post 1363814)
Love the stand-ups! Every one is a work of art - Bob, colored each one by hand so there are quite often lots of variations.

Thanks, Paul - I remember your search and I thought the one you got finished around 250-300, but couldn't remember for certain.

On this one, the Seaver autograph adds to it for sure, but not a ton as his autographs are not super scarce. Bob Laughlin's autograph is not a big selling point, since he signed a majority of these. The stain on the front takes away a bit from the presentation value.

I keep my eye on the auctions for these, and they rarely sell anywhere near the prices they list at in the guide. I have about 14 or 15 of them, and I haven't ever paid more than $125 for any of them, but that has been over many years and the demand has gone up. Seaver is a fairly tough one to find, though. There are at least three as Paul and I each have one! :)

My guess is that it might go for anywhere between 200-400 in an auction, but that is just a guess. If you get two people who want it, maybe more. Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do with it!

As a huge fan of all things Bob Laughlin, these stand-ups are about the only things he produced that I haven't collected so far. I have been able to find very little information on them (not even a thread on this forum - but I confess my search skills are not very sophisticated). It doesn't even seem like there is basic information available: a definitive checklist of all the players that were produced, or how many were produced of each one, or how they were distributed.

I would love to get whatever information the experts on this board have about this rare "set". (Or pointed to previously published information!) Thanks.

laughlinfan 01-13-2019 02:58 PM

Hey Ed! I have some good info on these - one of my favorite sets! When I get some time, I will post it in a new thread in this forum to see if we can get others to chime in.

Happy collecting!

mrmopar 01-13-2019 06:54 PM

I tried to get a Gil Hodges years ago and missed out on a couple on eBay, always falling short. The few I have seen since were too $$ for my taste. Unless I get lucky somewhere along the way, that is one thing I won't be adding to my collection.

kid4hof03 01-13-2019 07:14 PM

Hey Matt, I've not seen those before, it's awesome!

Abe

JollyElm 01-13-2019 09:10 PM

I bought the full B/W 1967 Laughlin set from a fellow member last year (and eventually got the 1964 Mantle card graded PSA 8OC). I just love his stuff!!!

toppcat 01-14-2019 01:13 PM

PM sent