Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1965 Namath PSA 5 - Possible dual grading ? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=259835)

russkcpa 09-11-2018 03:49 AM

1965 Namath PSA 5 - Possible dual grading ?

1 Attachment(s)
So I picked up a 1965 Namath PSA 5. In my opinion a very nice card with good centering and great color. I was kicking around the idea of having it signed at an upcoming Namath appearance and having it dual graded by PSA. There are so many of these out there that are signed....but not many nice PSA 5's with dual grading.
Good idea or bad idea ? I appreciate your comments
Russ

samosa4u 09-11-2018 11:30 AM

I would just leave it alone. If you crack it out and get it signed, what if PSA rejects it afterwards?

Peter_Spaeth 09-11-2018 01:01 PM

I can't see a huge risk cracking out a 5 of that card. If it would make you happy to have a signed one I would do it. You can't live life too defensively.

swarmee 09-11-2018 03:45 PM

It could even get a higher grade. I'd say do it.

Republicaninmass 09-11-2018 04:51 PM

Retail or for personal collection? (PC)

russkcpa 09-11-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1812097)
Retail or for personal collection? (PC)

At this time for my personal collection.....someday I will sell it

irv 09-12-2018 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russkcpa (Post 1812159)
At this time for my personal collection.....someday I will sell it

I'd go for it.

I assume you are likely going to take a few photos of Joe so make sure you take one of him signing your card if possible?

My only concern would be damaging the card somehow either taking it to the signing or when Joe actually signs it.

russkcpa 09-12-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 1812225)
I'd go for it.

I assume you are likely going to take a few photos of Joe so make sure you take one of him signing your card if possible?

My only concern would be damaging the card somehow either taking it to the signing or when Joe actually signs it.

Irv,
Thanks for your input. These are my concerns too. The biggest issue is that the signing is through Steiner Sports and the signing takes place in in Garden City NY....I am in Massachusetts. There is an "agent" involved however I have to confirm that he will take pictures of Joe signing my card
Russ

irv 09-12-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russkcpa (Post 1812311)
Irv,
Thanks for your input. These are my concerns too. The biggest issue is that the signing is through Steiner Sports and the signing takes place in in Garden City NY....I am in Massachusetts. There is an "agent" involved however I have to confirm that he will take pictures of Joe signing my card
Russ

Well, with that being said, that changes my thoughts. I have no idea, of course, who Steiner is but if he wasn't a close friend who I thought I could trust with my card, then I honestly don't think I'd go down that path, personally.

If the opposite is true, it still wouldn't make me 100% comfortable if it wasn't myself personally taking it to the signing, but that would depend, I suppose, how much I trusted my friend with my card?

Good luck with your decision. :)

Stampsfan 09-13-2018 12:51 PM

Steiner Sports

https://www.steinersports.com/

russkcpa 09-24-2018 03:39 AM

Decided to pass. Joe's signature is on anything and everything. I decided to just keep the card in it's present PSA 5 state. Thanks for your input
Russ

Jim65 09-24-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russkcpa (Post 1814997)
Decided to pass. Joe's signature is on anything and everything. I decided to just keep the card in it's present PSA 5 state. Thanks for your input
Russ

Im glad you decided to keep it unsigned. I believe an autographed card is a defaced card.

vintagebaseballcardguy 09-24-2018 05:29 PM

I really enjoy signed football cards but don't blame you at all for leaving this as is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk