Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Autograph News Live - criminals or just cowards? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=175736)

thetruthisoutthere 09-18-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Frost (Post 1186461)
I do appreciate that and I respect your opinion. This item did not come from coaches corner and I would be happy to listen to any points you can make about the signature. I am with you not against you, for some reason I feel you have the wrong impression of me and my agenda. Like I said I have been involved in this industry longer the most and I can do nothing but help the good guys in there quest to fix the hobby.
What would you say about this Ruth signature, I was asked about last week.
Attachment 114675

Authentic.

Runscott 09-18-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Frost (Post 1186461)
...and I would be happy to listen to any points you can make about the signature.
Like I said I have been involved in this industry longer the most and I can do nothing but help the good guys in there quest to fix the hobby.

As Chris stated, it is a horrible forgery. What is alarming is that you "have been involved in this industry longer than most", but you do not recognize immediately that this is a forgery.

I have no ill-will toward you (I don't even know you), but I buy vintage autographs every now and then and hate to see this level of authentication expertise behind COA's. It's the same sort of stuff that has of ranting against PSA and JSA, only I don't think either of them would have passed this.

thetruthisoutthere 09-18-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1186474)
As Chris stated, it is a horrible forgery. What is alarming is that you "have been involved in this industry longer than most", but you do not recognize immediately that this is a forgery.

I have no ill-will toward you (I don't even know you), but I buy vintage autographs every now and then and hate to see this level of authentication expertise behind COA's. It's the same sort of stuff that has of ranting against PSA and JSA, only I don't think either of them would have passed this.

The irony is that I was asking about the COA, not the sig.

That Ruth was just a side note.

That being said, the Ruth is horrible.

Runscott 09-18-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1186475)
The irony is that I was asking about the COA, not the sig.

That Ruth was just a side note.

That being said, the Ruth is horrible.

That IS irony.

dgo71 09-18-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Frost (Post 1186248)
Chris,
This is a legitimate PAAS cerificate.

So it's a legitimate COA on a bogus autograph? :confused:

thetruthisoutthere 09-18-2013 07:00 PM

That Babe Ruth was on Ebay and it was removed.

Leon 09-18-2013 07:16 PM

I am not an autograph guy whatsoever and can tell that Ruth is bad, above (with the cert)..The stroke in that signature is awful, It doesn't flow... as well as the R in Ruth is grotesque....and the rest of it isn't much better. It's all bad. And before I looked at any responses I thought the one on the bill was good too :)....

Big Dave 09-18-2013 08:17 PM

Mr. Frost,

Who are the Treasurer and Sec. of Treasury on that Ruth signed dollar bill you asked about?

shelly 09-18-2013 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great question. If you took ten seconds out I think you will find it is on a 1935 or a little after bank note. :rolleyes: He might have no idea what is real but I would give him enough credit to know if the bill would be in that time period.
Attachment 114683

Michael Frost 09-19-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 1186523)
Mr. Frost,

Who are the Treasurer and Sec. of Treasury on that Ruth signed dollar bill you asked about?

Frederick Moore Vinson

r2678 09-19-2013 06:45 AM

Silver certificates of that design were printed well into the 1950s. Vinson was Secretary of the Treasury mid 1945 - mid 1946. They would have been in circulation during Ruth's lifetime.

shelly 09-19-2013 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Silver certificates of that design were printed well into the 1950s. Vinson was Secretary of the Treasury mid 1945 - mid 1946. They would have been in circulation during Ruth's lifetime.[/QUOTE]
Sorry only saw the one signtiure at the bottom. Still turned out right . Not to my credit. I looked at the signiture at the bottom left and saw series 1935 she was around for a long time.

shelly 09-20-2013 10:55 AM

They shut the site down. I think everyone owes Roger Epperson a debt of graditude:) It was his law suite that made it happen.

Big Dave 09-20-2013 11:47 AM

What site Shelly?

shelly 09-20-2013 01:33 PM

Gee Dave,what is the title of this thread?

shelly 09-20-2013 01:39 PM

It keeps going up down. Hopefully it stays down.

Big Dave 09-20-2013 02:06 PM

That site was still up, thus the question.

PS.....good job on the Jackson items.

shelly 09-20-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 1187184)
That site was still up, thus the question.

PS.....good job on the Jackson items.

Thanks.:) It was closed early today so it might still happen.

Fuddjcal 09-20-2013 03:51 PM

nice to see Brooke Mueller & Steve Kocktail are through filling the Autograph hobby with Psychotic Ramblings...Nice Job Mike, Roger, whoever had a hand in it.

Now all they have is the Kumbaya Connection.:(:(:( Maybe they can stick to jerking each other off for a while and stop the nonsense hate they LOVE to perpetuate ....in the name of God of course.....

http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/sounds/niceness.wav

Michael Frost 09-20-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1187191)
Thanks.:) It was closed early today so it might still happen.

ANL is still down for now but I know what we are dealing with here and it will be up again under a different name or with a new ((editor-in-chief)). It is down for now and that is thanks to Roger Epperson & a few other lawsuits.
Also I want to thank Shelly for the great work shutting down the JJ auction today... One day this shall all become fun again.

thetruthisoutthere 09-20-2013 04:03 PM

Let's see if "The Planet" welcomes the great news that ANL is now down.

Deertick 09-20-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Frost (Post 1187226)
ANL is still down for now but I know what we are dealing with here and it will be up again under a different name or with a new ((editor-in-chief)). It is down for now and that is thanks to Roger Epperson & a few other lawsuits.
Also I want to thank Shelly for the great work shutting down the JJ auction today... One day this shall all become fun again.

I heard that it will be Becky Muellar. We'll have to shut that down because, as you know, we hate women and don't think it's right for them to own websites. Well, some websites...:D

jeffects 10-25-2013 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1184767)
I, too, have been a target of Mueller and that dirtbag in "Florida."

The problem with Mueller is that he hates anyone exposing crap that he's sold, or a forgery that comes with his COA.

Mueller will make up the wildest stories to defend a forgery that he's sold. And if anyone chooses to expose his garbage, he will attack them.

That's what Mueller does. And then he hides behind the "church."

That's Mueller.

A recent thread on Net54 showed a Sandy Koufax secretarial listed on Mueller's auction site. It's a commonly known Koufax secretarial. Mueller's been involved with autographs for 35 years and he still doesn't know a common Koufax secretarial!!! Seriously, Mueller? What's your "story" behind the Koufax, Mueller? I'll look for it on "The Planet" or "ANL."

Attachment 114180

Hi Chris and all, What do you think of these? They are from an auction catalog I have that is probably 15-20 years old. I'll give you a hint if you'd like. I am so sick of the pretentious, self righteous nonsense that self proclaimed experts espouse. I like your you-tube stuff. Keep up the good fight.

jeffects 10-25-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Frost (Post 1185085)
I am sorry for the misunderstanding I was talking about Mr. Simon.
Victor M. is another story and may be even more interesting then Richard (sorry R.S. ) but I do happen to like both Victor & Keita.

Oh Please Mike!!!!!!! You just lost a ton of credibility!

From Chris Williams earlier link:

The amount you got back isn’t quite what you expected, but it comes very close — and in view of the heaps of complaints about American Memorabilia, the Fixer thinks you’re actually pretty lucky. We learned that Susan Kieta, whose real name is Kieta Kieta (yes, you read that right), filed for bankruptcy May 31 in Nevada, declaring almost $3.2 million in liabilities on assets of only $493,537. The list of creditors runs about 50 pages.

Big Dave 10-25-2013 08:01 PM

NM

jeffects 10-25-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 1185788)
Shelly....seriously?

You should be one of the last people on here casting stones against redemption, or trying to better one's public persona. Mr. Frost may or may not have authenticated some questionable items, but you personally sold a lot of forgeries that you knew for a fact were forgeries.

Could not agree more. I couldn't help but laugh at his responses (shelly) considering he is one of the most dis-respected goons in the hobby. I guess crooks come on here to try and resuscitate their career so in the future they can rip off more people. Shelly, some of us remember your phoney "mea culpa" diatribe when you first came on here.

jeffects 10-25-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 1199328)
Jeffects.....please place your name with your posts.

And who are you dave? (a moderator?) Leon has all my info, perhaps he will pass it along to you.

I don't mind giving my name, I just don't automatically acquiesce to goof-balls making demands.

Ask Leon, then you can even write to me if you want.

jeffects 10-25-2013 08:44 PM

Oh, Sorry. I meant to say "BIG" dave.

Leon 10-25-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffects (Post 1199351)
And who are you dave? (a moderator?) Leon has all my info, perhaps he will pass it along to you.

I don't mind giving my name, I just don't automatically acquiesce to goof-balls making demands.

Ask Leon, then you can even write to me if you want.

I am a goofball but you don't need to acquiesce. :) Per the the rules your name is under your id now. Same rules for everyone.

jeffects 10-25-2013 08:52 PM

I guess big dave chose to delete his post demanding to know who I am. Ha Ha, I didn't tell him, but I will tell you, I'm Jeff Clark. Perhaps you've heard of me... I didn't think so. Ha. Please don't tell big dave who I am...

jeffects 10-25-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1199356)
I am a goofball but you don't need to acquiesce. :) Per the the rules your name is under your id now. Same rules for everyone.

Hi Leon, That's fine, I haven't been on for a while and perhaps the rules have changed. I already divulged that secret information before I saw your post. Ha Ha, no problem.

Big Dave 10-25-2013 08:56 PM

Well Mr.Clark....

Bring as you have been on here since 09...figured you might like to actualy join all of us goofballs that place our names with our rants, but Leon corrected that for you.

Welcome aboard goofball.

jeffects 10-25-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 1199361)
Well Mr.Clark....

Bring as you have been on here since 09...figured you might like to actualy join all of us goofballs that place our names with our rants, but Leon corrected that for you.

Welcome aboard goofball.

Which means I've been a member of this site longer than you big, but thank you for the warm welcome.

Big Dave 10-25-2013 09:05 PM

You are very welcome, and I'm fairly certain Shelly will welcome you too.

jeffects 10-25-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1199356)

Hi Leon, from the profile page:

"As much of your real name as you are comfortable being included in the directory and with your posts. e.g. "Joe" "Joe J." or "Joe Jackson."

Feel free to call me Jeff Clark or perhaps Joe Jackson, either works well for me. Ha Ha, I love you guys!

jeffects 10-25-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dave (Post 1199366)
You are very welcome, and I'm fairly certain Shelly will welcome you too.

Oh, I've shared my thoughts with Shelly many times. You may have missed it.

Leon 10-25-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffects (Post 1199370)
Hi Leon, from the profile page:

"As much of your real name as you are comfortable being included in the directory and with your posts. e.g. "Joe" "Joe J." or "Joe Jackson."

Feel free to call me Jeff Clark or perhaps Joe Jackson, either works well for me. Ha Ha, I love you guys!

Not sure where the above quote is from but there is an addendum to that, and it supersedes anything else. It is under the Forum Rules icon....regards