Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Questionable eBay seller? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271331)

jimjim 07-16-2019 09:18 AM

Questionable eBay seller?

Has anyone been following the auctions by eBay seller: jojo_asbury2012

I have been watching the auctions over the past 1–2 weeks, and they are selling some incredibly rare baseballs. Some of these baseballs are labeled as unknown mystery balls. They seem to be the ones that are the most rare and expensive. They are selling random movie stars and they can look those names up, but the famous baseball players they don’t have time to use Google? I have seen a few of these baseballs that have been sold and then relisted by another seller with TPA. Obviously this does not mean that they are authentic. They look pretty darn close to the real ones, so I am not sure but just seems rather fishy.

earlywynnfan 07-16-2019 10:09 AM

This is weird to me. No way I'm trusting a Turkey Stearnes or Babe Ruth, but the Bill Beckmann and Woody Davis match very nicely!

Love to hear what Chris thinks of the Jeter.

jimjim 07-16-2019 10:15 AM

There is another seller out of Missouri that has been selling questionable inscribed baseballs for the past couple of years. I wonder if they are associated. Maybe there is less liability if they don’t say they know the name? They had a a Harry Caray and Cool Papa Bell inscribed balls a week or so ago, which were mystery balls with unknown titles. I mean come on really?! Currently, there are satchel Paige and Jesse Haines baseballs that are unknown mystery balls. Both inscribed.

milkit1 07-16-2019 11:21 AM

this seller used to go by the moberly1983. They are bad news. Been noticing those baseballs for a few years now.

Case12 07-16-2019 12:07 PM

Yes. I was chided for asking the site about the Clark Griffith, Ben Shields and Pat Collins this seller had on eBay and was told to stop looking at this fake seller. I felt like an idiot and shut up about them after that. Thus, this site consensus was to ignore this seller (I passed up a Sandy Koufax I liked, listed as mystery ball - sold for $83).

tlake22 07-16-2019 02:18 PM

baseballs

Some of those balls sure do look good...I don't know. Has anyone done a quick opinion with either Beckett of PSA/DNA ?

Case12 07-16-2019 04:56 PM

I would like to hear what David Atkatz has to say about these. He adamantly told me/us on this very board to stop looking at these fakes from this fake seller. Told me to stop asking about them here on the board.

tlake22 07-16-2019 06:38 PM

The Paige to me looks spot on. Ticket too

jimjim 07-17-2019 05:02 AM

I did some more research and the seller has been known to peddle high-quality fakes. They have changed their name on eBay a few times. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that all of the high dollar baseballs are “unknown mystery balls “. That way they can’t get nailed for saying something is authentic or not. I am definitely staying away.

Case12 07-17-2019 08:27 AM

Not sure about why they list something's mystery and others not. I have seen them list Clark Griffith, Pat Collins names in title of listing. On the other hand I have seen them list Wade Boggs, Tom Glavine and Nolan Ryan as mystery. They started about three weeks ago. They had a LBJ and I Love Lucy multi-signed cast ball. Don't know about LBJ, but I liked the Lucy ball. It sold for $200 which I thought was a great deal. BTW, the Clark Griffith sold for $300. If it were real, that would have been a steal. As mentioned, it took me all of 30 seconds to Google some of the mystery balls I didn't recognize. Their process of listing is wierd. Again, I would like to hear from David or Chuck. They turned me off these fakes at the very beginning (when there were very few bidders). I sure hope I didn't miss some awesome deals. But that's why I trust the pros on this board. Casey

Case12 07-17-2019 08:38 AM

It would be interesting to see someone bid $600 for "rodeo legend" Lane Frost. :):) That one has been up on listing from the very beginning :):)

Fuddjcal 07-19-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Case12 (Post 1899516)
I would like to hear what David Atkatz has to say about these. He adamantly told me/us on this very board to stop looking at these fakes from this fake seller. Told me to stop asking about them here on the board.

It was excellent advice:) too

thetruthisoutthere 07-20-2019 09:15 AM

Ebay seller jojo_asbury2012 Forged Jeter Baseball

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by earlywynnfan (Post 1899401)
This is weird to me. No way I'm trusting a Turkey Stearnes or Babe Ruth, but the Bill Beckmann and Woody Davis match very nicely!

Love to hear what Chris thinks of the Jeter.

The "Jeter" sold by Ebay seller Jojo_asbury2012 is a forgery.

Attachment 359887

Republicaninmass 06-15-2021 10:05 AM

Guy has some heavy duty signed 61 topps. I've been doing double takes for a week, until I saw this thread. Fakes are food

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

chaddurbin 06-15-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 2113980)
Guy has some heavy duty signed 61 topps. I've been doing double takes for a week, until I saw this thread. Fakes are food

looked hard at that hornsby before concluding it's bad, although the musial looks good to me (would anyone be desperate enough to forge a musial?). seller's story is she's selling for an older neighbor.

Republicaninmass 06-15-2021 03:22 PM

Fakes are...good...lol not food

theshleps 06-15-2021 05:34 PM

To me the Musial all star card looks awful. The 1961 Hornsby I might have bid on but Jiom Stinson taught me to look at all the personas listings and if a decent % look bad, pass on all

rmarks 06-15-2021 05:39 PM

They all look bad to me. She messaged me the same story, not remembering that I had messaged her over a year ago. Her prior story was that the cards came from her deceased father.

Duluth Eskimo 06-15-2021 09:13 PM

Saw the Hornsby. It’s well done, but doesn’t match the fine details for him late in life. Flow is just off. Saw it went for crazy money. Someone is going to be sad or we’ll see it for sale with an LOA.

Duluth Eskimo 06-15-2021 09:15 PM

PS: that is the benefit of threads like this. Saves some people money who want to have legit stuff in their collection and are trying to do due diligence.

jw2008gcc 08-22-2021 06:20 AM

Hello, I’d like to put in my two cents on this seller. Back in February 2021 I won four autographed cards from this seller. I’m a huge autograph collector, and I thought I did my due diligence but apparently I did not. My LCS had JSA in store authenticating autographs a few months ago so I decided to take the four cards. All four cards came back as DNP (did not pass).

I would highly suggest that anyone who bought an autograph from this seller they should get it authenticated.

I was able to get ALL my money back from PayPal (not eBay) as I submitted all my evidence to them that the autographs were not real.

J-Yo 08-25-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw2008gcc (Post 2136925)
Hello, I’d like to put in my two cents on this seller. Back in February 2021 I won four autographed cards from this seller. I’m a huge autograph collector, and I thought I did my due diligence but apparently I did not. My LCS had JSA in store authenticating autographs a few months ago so I decided to take the four cards. All four cards came back as DNP (did not pass).

I would highly suggest that anyone who bought an autograph from this seller they should get it authenticated.

I was able to get ALL my money back from PayPal (not eBay) as I submitted all my evidence to them that the autographs were not real.

Good for you and glad you got the $ back. Yes the PayPal deadline is 6 months to get your $ back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk