Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What's the Worst Movie You Ever Saw? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=251209)

clydepepper 02-12-2018 06:07 AM

What's the Worst Movie You Ever Saw?

I've seen a lot I waiting on...to get better...sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't.

My all-timer, however, is 'The Dinner' staring Richard Gere and Laura Linney.

I've enjoyed the work of both of those actors before, but they did nothing to save this one.

Honorable Mention to "Kong: Scull Island" because Kong was so very obviously a man in a 'gorilla suit'.

The proper gorilla body type and movement was on full display in Pete's Jackson's masterful update of "King Kong". Sure there was a lot of CGI involved, but the results were much more like an actual gorilla.

Just as bad as 'The Dinner', in retrospect, was the second Jaws installment, in which the shark somehow tracks a woman from New England to the Bahamas.

...at least I didn't rent that one.

Jim65 02-12-2018 07:19 AM

I love the first Slapshot movie but Slapshot 2 and 3 were among the worst movies ever made.

SmokyBurgess 02-12-2018 07:20 AM

worst

"Gone With the Wind".

ALR-bishop 02-12-2018 07:58 AM

Battleship Earth

bauce 02-12-2018 08:17 AM

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

ALR-bishop 02-12-2018 08:40 AM

Jaws Sequels

Raymond-- the second Jaws movie was passable. It still had Rory Scheider and was still set in Amity. The 3d was set in some water park setting and had Dennis Quad.

The 4th movie was the one you mentioned, The Revenge. I think it was made because Lorraine Gary, who played the wife of Chief Brody in 1 & 2, was in real life the wife of the head of the studio that produced all 4 movies and he tried to resurrect his wife's career and the franchise with the movie.

Agree it was a stinker. 3 was pretty bad too. In that one when one guy gets eaten the camera goes inside the shark

steve B 02-12-2018 09:28 AM

Worst I ever saw was "no nukes". My friends dragged me to it in Highschool because it had Springsteen in it. I wasn't really sure who he was at the time, but they were all like "we gotta see THE BOSS and he's in this movie.

Being in Mass, where the films intent was popular, I didn't expect so see people standing up after maybe 5-10 minutes loudly declaring how much it sucked and demanding their money back as they left.

Once it got -Finally- to the Springsteen part, which was a huge disappointment. I told them off a bit and left.

Only movie I ever walked out of, and I've seen some really awful ones.

packs 02-12-2018 11:53 AM

Either The Fountain by Aronofsky or The Black Dahlia. Black Dahlia was the only movie I've ever walked out of. I wanted to walk out of The Fountain but my friend inexplicably liked it.

Republicaninmass 02-12-2018 12:06 PM

Recently It Comes at Night rings a bell.

The title contained 3 lies

There was no It, it never came, and it was during the day.

clydepepper 02-12-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1747377)
Raymond-- the second Jaws movie was passable. It still had Rory Scheider and was still set in Amity. The 3d was set in some water park setting and had Dennis Quad.

The 4th movie was the one you mentioned, The Revenge. I think it was made because Lorraine Gary, who played the wife of Chief Brody in 1 & 2, was in real life the wife of the head of the studio that produced all 4 movies and he tried to resurrect his wife's career and the franchise with the movie.

Agree it was a stinker. 3 was pretty bad too. In that one when one guy gets eaten the camera goes inside the shark

Al- I forgive myself for not being more familiar with that trash...perhaps it was my memory defending my sanity, by just reminding me to hate all the jaws sequels.

If you want to rid your mind of such accurate recall of all that garbage, I would recommend heavy drinking, or if that doesn't work, a lobotomy.

58pinson 02-12-2018 02:11 PM

Dating myself here, but without a doubt the original version of "Last House On The Left". I have a fairly decent tolerance for the gore/horror genre but this is the only movie I ever walked out on. Didn't make it to the part where the parents wreak havoc on the sub humans.

njdunkin1 02-12-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bauce (Post 1747374)

ding ding ding

for how hyped up this was, it was a big disappointment.

-nj

judsonhamlin 02-12-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bauce (Post 1747374)

This! Possibly the worst movie that cost more than $8.47 ever made.
Let's put it this way: if Jar-Jar Binks had shown up half way through, it would have been better

vintagetoppsguy 02-12-2018 06:04 PM

The only movie I ever walked out of was The English Patient.

PowderedH2O 02-12-2018 06:25 PM

In the late 1970's my mom took me to the movies. She wanted to see Breaking Away. I convinced her that the far better film would be "The Villain" since it had Kirk Douglas, Ann-Margret, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Since the mid 1980's, my mom and I have watched Breaking Away many times. She never fails to remind me of how I picked the other movie, THE worst movie I have ever seen. No, I have never suffered through The Villain again.

CW 02-12-2018 06:32 PM

Freddy Got Fingered with Tom Green. I'm a fan of his comedy, but this movie was probably the only one I ever rented and did not finish watching. It was that bad.

bnorth 02-12-2018 07:19 PM

The only movie I ever walked out of is Rain Man. Have even tried watching it a couple times since and just can't.

clydepepper 02-12-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1747537)
The only movie I ever walked out of is Rain Man. Have even tried watching it a couple times since and just can't.

Hey, Ben - at least that one had real Baseball Cards in it.

JollyElm 02-12-2018 10:51 PM

Saw 'The Pickup Artist' in a 99 cent theater and still felt completely and utterly ripped off. What a piece of (add your own expletives here).

seanofjapan 02-12-2018 11:15 PM

Every Adam Sandler film ever made.

Well, actually I stopped watching Adam Sandler films a long time ago because they were so bad, but from what I hear he has been pretty consistent in making garbage throughout his career (though sometimes he appears in other people's movies and those aren't always bad).

The-Cardfather 02-14-2018 01:08 AM

2001's "Moulin Rouge!" would have to top my list.

edtiques 02-14-2018 02:38 AM

Three movies come to mind in no particular order.they would be Caddyshack 2,Mark of the Devil and as mentioned before,Battleship Earth with John Travolta

Stonepony 02-14-2018 04:03 AM

Tron
Dick Tracy
Blair Witch Project

jerrys 02-14-2018 07:43 AM

Lucky I missed practically all the movies mentioned here except for GWTW and Rain Man. I could not rate either of those two the worst - the competition for that category is too strong.
THEM and a couple similar to that one would be promising candidates.

DHogan 02-14-2018 04:38 PM

Any movie with Chris Farley in it.

commishbob 02-14-2018 08:04 PM

The Babe with John Goodman. Awful writing, terrible acting

joshuanip 02-14-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1747348)
I've seen a lot I waiting on...to get better...sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't.

My all-timer, however, is 'The Dinner' staring Richard Gere and Laura Linney.

I've enjoyed the work of both of those actors before, but they did nothing to save this one.

Honorable Mention to "Kong: Scull Island" because Kong was so very obviously a man in a 'gorilla suit'.

The proper gorilla body type and movement was on full display in Pete's Jackson's masterful update of "King Kong". Sure there was a lot of CGI involved, but the results were much more like an actual gorilla.

Just as bad as 'The Dinner', in retrospect, was the second Jaws installment, in which the shark somehow tracks a woman from New England to the Bahamas.

...at least I didn't rent that one.

Ishtar, Spy Hard... I only remember these because I remember how much time I wasted in my life.

ALR-bishop 02-15-2018 06:58 AM

Another movie that shows up on most worst movie lists, and certainly ranks as one of the biggest Box office flaps, is Heaven's Gate. But except for the length I found it tolerable.

rjackson44 02-15-2018 10:27 AM

anything with Dakota Johnson ,,the worst actress ever ,,all the fifty shades movies ,,horrible

ronniehatesjazz 02-15-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1747537)

You're crazy Ben; Rain Man was great!

Agree that Jaws 4 has to be on any list, I always cracked up seeing it as a kid. Even at the age of 5 I realized that sharks don't roar lol.

My vote for worst is Karate Kid 3. However, every one should watch it because Terry Silver is hilarious.

Golfcollector 02-15-2018 04:11 PM

Caddyshack II

cardsfan73 02-15-2018 11:30 PM

I have only walked out of one movie in my life and that was the 1998 Psycho remake w/ Vince Vaughn & Anne Heche.

I can usually sit through a bad movie but for some reason I couldn't with this one.

almostdone 02-16-2018 07:06 PM

Crybaby with Johnny Depp. Couldn’t tell if it was trying to be a serious Grease type musical or a bad version of a Naked Gun type movie. Either way I left the theater scratching my head.

Drew

the 'stache 02-17-2018 07:23 AM

Seriously? How many movies have you seen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokyBurgess (Post 1747359)
"Gone With the Wind".

EvilKing00 02-17-2018 07:39 AM

im sorry, but i have you all beat. one night im sitting in my living riom with my teenage nephues who like to watch scarry movies. we went on netflix i believe and put on a movie called "Clown" it was by far the worst movie i have ever seen and maybe all time.

spoiler alert!!!

the story line of the movie below.

A loving father becomes a savage killer while wearing a cursed clown costume that won't come off.

joshuanip 02-17-2018 08:05 AM

Cmon. Water boy was funny?

I nominate Ishtar followed by Spyhard

Aquarian Sports Cards 02-17-2018 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1747367)
Battleship Earth

Beat me to it. Was an exercise in earsplitting pointless noise.

ZiggerZagger 02-17-2018 09:24 AM

Having worked in a Movie store (Mr. Movies) in the mid-1990's, I was privileged to see some truly awful movies come through at that time. Will have to collect my thoughts for a proper answer...

But I will say that the art of the so-bad-it's-good movie is really an artfully fine balancing act. It should be praised to the heavens whenever it is achieved.
In that category, the movie They Live comes to mind, and mostly due to the *awkwardly* long fight scene between Keith David and WWF's 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mm4mLsCAyI

Just wear the dang glasses, Keith!! :D

Corporal Lance Boil 02-17-2018 11:34 AM

So bad its' good

Fantasy Mission Force.

This is one of those so-bad-its'-good movies, at the very pinnacle of the genre. It is worth a few hours of your time for exactly that reason. It starts out off the rails and actually finds a way to get weirder and worse progressively.

It is seriously life-changing cinema. I laughed until I cried.

bauce 02-17-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiggerZagger (Post 1748789)
Having worked in a Movie store (Mr. Movies) in the mid-1990's, I was privileged to see some truly awful movies come through at that time. Will have to collect my thoughts for a proper answer...

But I will say that the art of the so-bad-it's-good movie is really an artfully fine balancing act. It should be praised to the heavens whenever it is achieved.
In that category, the movie They Live comes to mind, and mostly due to the *awkwardly* long fight scene between Keith David and WWF's 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper.

OMG! I LOVE that movie! That is a chinese food and beer night feature!

ZiggerZagger 02-17-2018 11:51 AM

And another...

1 Attachment(s)
Good stuff guys.

Also, I thought I knew Blaxploitation films until I saw Isaac Hayes as Truck Turner. Pimps, Bounty Hunters, and Uhura from Star Trek as the most foul-mouthed Madam of all time.

Hayes actually makes his girlfriend put down a KFC chicken wing so he can get romantic with her.

Attachment 305758

So super bad that it's beyond super good. :cool:

Stonepony 02-17-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiggerZagger (Post 1748789)

Huh? THEY LIVE is a classic
" I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of bubblegum"

ALR-bishop 02-17-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonepony (Post 1748880)
Huh? THEY LIVE is a classic
" I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of bubblegum"

And...

Where do they come from ?
They ain't from Cleveland

It looks like you dipped your face in cheese dip back in 1957

The golden rule is... he who has the gold, makes the rules

ZiggerZagger 02-17-2018 10:09 PM

Just to clarify, 'They Live' and 'Truck Turner' both come with my highest rating, if only for the quotable lines alone. They don't take themselves seriously, which is exactly why they succeed...

But, the worst films I've ever sat through in the theater are absolutely:
--Dick Tracy (walked out),
--Waterworld (gills, really???), and
--The Island of Dr. Moreau (the Brando/Val Kilmer one)

Each so uniquely horrible in it's own way...:rolleyes:

stlcardsfan 02-19-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfcollector (Post 1748401)
Caddyshack II

+1. Dan Akryod's performance was beyond bad.

mcgwirecom 02-19-2018 06:22 PM

Birdman was a tough watch.

Wihawk 02-21-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commishbob (Post 1748159)
The Babe with John Goodman. Awful writing, terrible acting

Agreed.

I was so looking forward to a good baseball movie and I don't think I lasted 20 minutes watching that piece of crap.

gopherfan 02-22-2018 07:32 PM

My if and I saw Samson yesterday. It is absolutely terrible. I'm sure I've seen worse, but this is fresh in my mind.

on another members advice, I'm planning to do the heavy drinking tonight to make it go away.

drcy 02-23-2018 12:34 AM

Eegah!

D. Bergin 02-23-2018 12:42 PM

Jeez, based on 95% of the responses in this thread, you fella's objectively haven't seen very many bad movies with most of the "Worst Movie You Ever Saw" named.

"Battlefield Earth" is a veritable classic compared to at least 1/2 the movies ever put on film.

:D