Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Now Open for Bidding: Love of the Game's "Set Builder's Auction" (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=191503)

Al C.risafulli 07-28-2014 03:40 PM

Now Open for Bidding: Love of the Game's "Set Builder's Auction"

Hi everybody:

Hope all is well.

LOTG just kicked off a new auction that I'm calling the "Set Builder's Auction." This will be a periodic internet-only auction that will feature collector-grade cards, group lots, and more affordable cards from the Deadball Era to the Steroid Era.

My goal is to keep the Set Builder's Auction affordable, and as such I am reducing our buyer's premium to 15%, plus offering an additional 3% BP discount for those choosing to pay by check or money order (or cash, of course).

In addition, I'll be using less expensive shipping methods than I typically do for this auction, so our shipping costs should be among the lowest you'll see.

The auction closes August 16. It includes quite a few nice prewar cards in collector grades (such as the 1933 Goudey #181 Ruth in PSA 2 that headlines the auction), partial sets, lots of signed football cards, and a whole lot more. My goal is for the Set Builder's Auction to feature something for everyone, while our "Premier" auctions will focus on higher-end material.

I'll be at booth 2024 in Cleveland this week, displaying material from the Set Builder's Auction as well as the upcoming Premier Auction. I'll also be accepting consignments for that auction, which I hope will be the first LOTG auction with a printed catalog!

Best of luck bidding, hope to see a lot of you in Cleveland.

Link to the auction: http://loveofthegameauctions.com/catalog.aspx

-Al

wonkaticket 07-28-2014 03:59 PM

As always a nice offering from a class act! Good luck with the sales Al.

Jewish-collector 07-28-2014 06:10 PM

A printed catalog soon ? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...atdrink004.gif

See you Wednesday !!!

ethicsprof 07-28-2014 07:54 PM

al

a great new concept from the top shelf auction house!
I've got a few bids in already.
all the best, ole buddy

barry

gregr2 07-28-2014 07:57 PM

I'm looking forward to this, thanks for another great auction!

jimivintage 07-28-2014 08:04 PM

Great stuff, Al! I'll be stopping by your booth this weekend. Look out! :)

Jimi

ErikV 07-28-2014 09:15 PM

Re: Now Open for Bidding: Love of the Game's "Set Builder's Auction"

This is the first time I've consigned any portion of my collection.

After hearing many positive reviews on the board, I decided to give
LOTG a try. I have to say, while being somewhat difficult to depart
with portions of my collection, Al has brought reassurance and ease
to the process. He really has been so easy to work with. It truly has
been an absolute breeze.

As a novice to the consigning experience, Al has really taken the extra
time to walk me through the process step-by-step. As silly as some of
the questions I had were, he took the time to respond to every e-mail,
answer every question and take every phone call. While I can't compare
other auction houses to LOTG, I can say Al is a shining example of what
great customer service should be: going above and beyond.Great job, Al.

Best of luck with the auction.

ErikV

wolf441 07-29-2014 06:53 AM

Great selection Al!!

And "collectors grade"! That has "average Joes" like me happy!! :D

MVSNYC 07-29-2014 12:12 PM

Looks Great, Al!

Stonepony 07-29-2014 07:43 PM

Good luck Al!

arott23 08-15-2014 11:49 AM

Looking to register for LOTG, but I have no idea about a reference? Is that something that needs to be filled out? Thanks,

Andrew

Jay Wolt 08-16-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arott23 (Post 1310446)
Looking to register for LOTG, but I have no idea about a reference? Is that something that needs to be filled out? Thanks,

Andrew

For a reference, state you are a N54 member & if you have an eBay account, you can list your eBay ID.

ibuysportsephemera 08-16-2014 09:58 AM

I met Al yesterday for the first time in person at White Plains. It was a pleasure chatting with him and wish him all the best.

Jeff G@rf!nke!

t206hound 08-23-2014 07:06 PM

Now Open for Bidding: Love of the Game's "Set Builder's Auction"

Edited so as not to give the perception of gloating; yet still convey the message I intended:

A big shout out to Al with regards to the shipping. I'm a budget guy who usually only wins a lot or two and typically spend $8-12 on shipping those cards. Al shipped my two graded cards in a very well packaged padded mailer for less than many eBay sellers.

Thanks Al!

bobbyw8469 08-23-2014 09:25 PM

Still waiting on my cards.....I also paid $4.20 for $90 worth of cards. Still cheap, but $1 more than you for $100 less worth of cards.

Prime example of why you shouldn't gloat.... not everyone is on the same playing field.

Al C.risafulli 08-24-2014 02:51 PM

Hi everyone!

Just saw this thread and wanted to thank everyone for the nice comments. The Set Builder's auction received a strong response, and so I'm definitely looking forward to expanding it and offering larger Set Builder's auctions in the future.

Also, I wanted to pass along a bit of logistical information. Invoices were emailed out less than a week ago, and every winning bidder who paid by PayPal or credit card had their winnings shipped to them within 24 hours of my receipt of their payment. The exception to this is for those who paid on Friday or over the weekend - those packages will ship out on Monday.

Bobby, based on your comment I did take the liberty of tracking your package, and I can tell you that it was shipped via USPS the afternoon after you paid, went through the postal sorting center in Teterboro, NJ the same evening, and arrived in your home state on Friday. Erick lives a little closer to our office, so his package took less time to arrive. I hope this helps.

Thanks again,
-Al