Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   E92 Dockman & Sons question: only 40 cards, but back says 50 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=78084)

Archive 08-26-2005 01:45 PM

E92 Dockman & Sons question: only 40 cards, but back says 50

Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>The back of the E92 Dockman & Sons cards says "This card is one of a set of 50 Base Ball Players", yet all the checklists I see shows only 40 cards. <br /><br />So what's the scoop?

Archive 08-26-2005 01:51 PM

Posted By: <b>Peter Thomas</b><p>They had 50 cards ready and used them for the E92 Croft's Cocoa and Candy, but for some reason only issued 40 in the E92 Dockman's. To further complicate things they then added 12 St. Louis players for 62 in the Nadja's. So there are a total of 202 E92's along with some that have no back advertising that may be E92's.

Archive 08-26-2005 02:00 PM

Posted By: <b>J Levine</b><p>William "Little Billy" Dockman was the 4th, and youngest, son of John Dockman and as a result was in charge of the last ten players in the Gum set. <br /><br />Little Billy was always different. It became truly apparent how different he was when the time came to pick the final ten players for the Baseball Stars Gum set...By this time, Billy hated all things gum. He was a hard candy kind of kid. He wanted to suck on lemon sours and sweet molasses candy all day. He felt chewing was an ugly habit. His father and brothers just did not understand. In a fit of rage, Billy decided to skip his family duty and not pick the last ten players for the baseball set in protest. His final words to his father and brothers were; "Hah! Watch all those people years down the road remember my name when they look at the back of those cards and realize that they will always be 10 cards short! HAH!"<br /><br />"Little Billy" Dockman tragically choked to death on a rather large jawbreaker soon after. The love his family still had for the black sheep of the family was evident as the last 10 players were never chosen and Dockman and Sons never produced anymore baseball cards.<br /><br />The End

Archive 08-26-2005 02:03 PM

Posted By: <b>cmoking</b><p>:-0)

Archive 08-26-2005 02:09 PM

Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.........

Archive 08-26-2005 02:35 PM

Posted By: <b>Scott Elkins</b><p>the prototype set - E101. Of course, we now know that Dockman only chose 40. The two Croft's issues chose all 50. And, Nadja added in 12 St. Louis E90-1 poses to make 62. So, now Peter has an arduous task to complete all four sets! Wonder if it has ever been accomplished???? I would guess that Larry Fritsch is probably the closest.

Archive 08-26-2005 02:57 PM

Posted By: <b>warshawlaw</b><p>instead of the other cards.

Archive 08-26-2005 03:40 PM

Posted By: <b>joe brennan</b><p> I dont care who you are, thats funny right there!!!!<br><br>Moral Values " What would you do if no one was looking? Only you would know" Instilled in me by James W. Brennan Sr.