Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Scary future of our hobby (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=242361)

jgmp123 07-17-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazdmb (Post 1681855)
He claims that I am "maliciously trying to corrupt a sales and (I am) attacking him." FTR-I never attacked this guy personally and never met him. As for maliciously trying to corrupt a sale, I never made a public facebook post on this and if anyone was being malicious, it was him admitting that "the signature lapping the Ruth was taken out" and not admitting to it to potential buyers-or JSA for that matter.

The threats:

"If you continue to give me issues I will make sure you get them in return"
"Keep running your mouth. I'm watching keep it up"
"I will show Jimmy how you are bashing his Company" (I did admit JSA would certify anything for the right amount of $$)
When I mentioned that I will see Jimmy at the National
"Good I'll be there also. You can run your mouth to my face"
"I'll let you know exactly where I'll be so you can come by"

After all of this, I even OFFERED to meet him at JSA with my facts and PAY/REIMBURSE him the costs for the certification for Ruth if Jimmy admits it was not altered. But, that was not good enough. Instead he wants me to pay him for the "headaches (I am) causing him over a certified item" and that "I have no idea what I am talking about"

FTR-I never once posted a public opinion on FB. So obviously, a member here tipped him off and I assumed he joined to see the pictures. I invite this person (I will not name) or his associates to come on here and refute my claim that this signature was altered.

corrupt a sale? I thought it was a raffle....I think this guy should respect our opinions that he made a beautiful piece look like crap. Even matted that thing is hideous. An awful example to fill a collection void of someone like Babe....

An awful way to make a buck!

Michael B 07-17-2017 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would not worry about finding him at The National. He will be easy to spot. What is 101 by the way?

tazdmb 07-17-2017 07:03 PM

Autograph 101 is a 11K community of autograph chasers (mostly) on Facebook. They live by communist rule it appears since as soon as you question something they immediately expel you. PS-I CHALLENGE! the person here who reported me to them to speak up! You obviously come on here to seek our community knowledge for your benefit the troll us behind our back. I doubt (know) Leon would ever kick you off of here for stating facts.

Mr. Zipper 07-17-2017 07:14 PM

Interesting how the "scary future of the hobby" title has taken a double meaning with the latest twist.

From the mercenary defacing of vintage autographs... to sociopathic trolling behavior from a "dealer of tomorrow."

Shameful.

Klrdds 07-17-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazdmb (Post 1681950)
Autograph 101 is a 11K community of autograph chasers (mostly) on Facebook. They live by communist rule it appears since as soon as you question something they immediately expel you. PS-I CHALLENGE! the person here who reported me to them to speak up! You obviously come on here to seek our community knowledge for your benefit the troll us behind our back. I doubt (know) Leon would ever kick you off of here for stating facts.

Taz I personally doubt the spineless troll who reported you to the 101 community will ever ever take your challenge and admit to it privately or publicly . He will hide behind his anonymity and probably do it again . But let's face it that seller doesn't want to hear anything negative about that beautiful Ruth menu that he deliberately ruined to create an ugly piece of crap to sell, excuse me I mean Raffle to some sucker because he can't handle the truth about his item !!!
I respect you for bringing it to this thread .
PS I can get you a deal on a Kevlar vest for you to take with you to The National , but my bet is that he will do nothing even if you bump into him .

tazdmb 07-17-2017 08:53 PM

Thanks for the offers, after everything he said to me, I still offered to meet him at the National and call his bluff-yet he backed down. I found out that he got others to lie for him in order to get me kicked off. I don't mind someone having a different opinion, but being lied about raises the stakes.

slidekellyslide 07-18-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Dunaier (Post 1681682)
Okay, but still... it's never a good idea to put down someone else's hobby, especially when it's done as an attempt to boost one's own hobby.

Stamp collectors are, indeed, concerned about how to attract more young people into the fold. In fact, a few years ago a prominent stamp collecting writer wrote a piece expressing those concerns, and he said something along the lines of - and I'm paraphrasing, I don't remember the exact quote - he said something along the lines of 'We've got to show the kids who collect baseball cards the error of their ways and get them to collect stamps instead.' I wrote a letter to the editor, which I think was published, saying that the guy should have known better, and that you'll never get someone interested in one hobby by talking s*** about another.

"My hobby is better than your hobby!" has yet to convince anyone to convert to "my" hobby, whatever that hobby is.

(Personal note to tazdmb: I didn't mention the name of the writer in the above comment because it wouldn't mean anything to those not in the hobby, but since you're the son of a prominent stamp collector, you may recognize the name. The writer whose quote I paraphrased was John Hotchner.)

The statement didn't come across to me as putting down stamp collecting, but pointing out a reality. I collect postcards and go to the local postcard/paper show in Omaha twice a year. I'm 50 and I can assure you that throughout the day I am almost always the youngest person in the hall. The dealers almost universally appear to be of retirement age or older. I don't know if the trend can be reversed, I fear that it can not.

tazdmb 07-21-2017 09:59 AM

Quick Follow Up

I wrote JSA as to what happened, expecting either the blow off or Boiler Plate answer. I must admit I received the nicest letter from their Office Manager, Jackie Thomas. She explained everything to me and agreed that while she did not believe the signature was altered (we agree to disagree) that information about the signature removal should have been disclosed to any buyer. She, personally, considered altering as no "patching or tracing" was done to the signature itself. Additionally, she invited me to meet with her at the National to discuss the matter further, which I am considering.

So for all the bashing we do for the TPAs, I think we should also recognize the good also. Jackie, when it comes to customer service, is outstanding.

7nohitter 07-31-2017 12:06 PM

Taz,

Great job by you! Does the Rube who challenged you have an opinion on the conversation with Jackie? Hmmmmmm.....

tazdmb 07-31-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7nohitter (Post 1685688)
Taz,

Great job by you! Does the Rube who challenged you have an opinion on the conversation with Jackie? Hmmmmmm.....

I have no idea. If you read my other thread regarding the National, JSA is going to change their COA, that is one point for the good guys. The "Rube" knows of this conversation and I am sure that person will read this thread, since they banned me from their group after my last post. However, they quietly refuse to post here and prefer living in shadows. JSA knows the group of people who submitted the Ruth and they have officially been placed on their radar to watch for additional altering, so we will see what happens.