Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   $31.75 for shipping/$3.00 dollar card! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239058)

irv 04-30-2017 01:28 PM

$31.75 for shipping/$3.00 dollar card!

I wonder if this seller knows how much his shipping is?
I see $31.75 for a current $3.00 dollar card. :eek:

What do you guys state side see?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-TOPPS-3...4AAOSwIWVY~TSN

$31.75 USPS Priority Mail International | See details
See details about international shipping here.

Item location:
Beverly Hills, California, United States

Ships to:
Americas See exclusions
Delivery:
Estimated between Tue. May. 9 and Tue. May. 16
Seller ships within 2 days after receiving cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab.
Payments:
PayPal Visa/MasterCard, Amex, Discover
Credit Cards processed by PayPal
See payment details
Returns:
14 days money back, buyer pays return shipping | See details
Guarantee:
Money Back Guarantee | See details - opens in a new window or tab
Get the item you ordered or get your money back.
Covers your purchase price and original shipping.

swarmee 04-30-2017 01:32 PM

$2.95 in US. So Irv, you can buy it and have it sent to COMC Mailboxes. They'll process it for $2, and you can add it to your next shipment for a quarter. There, I just saved you $27 in shipping!

irv 04-30-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1656405)
$2.95 in US. So Irv, you can buy it and have it sent to COMC Mailboxes. They'll process it for $2, and you can add it to your next shipment for a quarter. There, I just saved you $27 in shipping!

Thanks John.

I am not currently buying, as you know, but how would one go about having the seller send it to Comc?

I would obviously use PP for the transaction, which, of course would have my home address on it. I assume I would have to ask the seller to send it there, or would I have to change my delivery/address info to reflect Comc's address?

I honestly can't believe this seller knows that CDN's/foreigners would have to pay $31.75 if they did end up winning it without knowing about Comc?

swarmee 04-30-2017 01:48 PM

Yes, you would add the following address to your eBay profile:
COMC.com Mailboxes
C/O [buyer's COMC username]
6727 - 185th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

Then make sure during checkout that you select that as your delivery address.
I'm not sure the seller really cares what GSP is costing you. They sell $5000 diamond items, and probably default all their listings to Global Shipping Program. Because it would be costly to accidentally forget if someone bought an expensive ring and the delivery charge showed $10 and didn't come with international tracking. I know it sucks, but there are workarounds like COMC is giving you.

irv 04-30-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1656415)
Yes, you would add the following address to your eBay profile:
COMC.com Mailboxes
C/O [buyer's COMC username]
6727 - 185th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

Then make sure during checkout that you select that as your delivery address.
I'm not sure the seller really cares what GSP is costing you. They sell $5000 diamond items, and probably default all their listings to Global Shipping Program. Because it would be costly to accidentally forget if someone bought an expensive ring and the delivery charge showed $10 and didn't come with international tracking. I know it sucks, but there are workarounds like COMC is giving you.

It is not Global they use, surprisingly, but you're likely right about the diamond aspect of things. That never even crossed my mind.

That is good to know about Comc. When I get back to buying, I think I will try and use that option.

Thanks again! :)

D. Bergin 04-30-2017 02:27 PM

Likely they are not very interested in selling their cards outside the United States, but will if you are willing to pay for the service they suggest.

Best to just move on.

Some heavier, bulkier or more expensive items I will put a crazy price in there for International shipping based on an Expedited Service and taking into account Insurance, other expenses and peace of mind, hoping to discourage International bidders.

Sometimes they will still bid on it. :confused:

clydepepper 04-30-2017 03:07 PM

COMC - not exactly user-friendly.

Plenty of competition out there.

I shop elsewhere.

swarmee 04-30-2017 04:07 PM

I wasn't telling Irv about buying on comc, I was telling him to use their freight forwarding service, acting as a middleman to provide non-US people with a US shipping address. He already knows I suggest he buys cards on comc. :-) here's the link to the service.
Mailboxes

irv 04-30-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 1656457)
I wasn't telling Irv about buying on comc, I was telling him to use their freight forwarding service, acting as a middleman to provide non-US people with a US shipping address. He already knows I suggest he buys cards on comc. :-) here's the link to the service.
Mailboxes

Thanks again, John. :)