Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Lonzo Ball (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245770)

CMIZ5290 10-06-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samosa4u (Post 1707285)
Alright, let's talk some basketball!

Lonzo Ball - what are your predictions? He did pretty well in the Summer League, but that was against other rookies. What's going to happen when he starts playing against the big boys? He obviously makes others around him perform better because he loves passing the ball, but how will he contribute points-wise? I think people are taking it too far when they call him "the face of the franchise for the next 10 years." Will he win RC of the Year? Can be beat Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz?

I hope this punk falls flat on his face....His dad is complete garbage, and a complete thug....

CMIZ5290 10-06-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1707551)
He's only 19 and in today's world that's still a kid. Plus this is an exceptionally dominant Dad.

And a douche bag.....

Peter_Spaeth 10-06-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1708050)
This guy makes me sick to my stomach....Why does ESPN constantly show him? I dont get it...

High profile kid with some genuine talent, why not?

CMIZ5290 10-06-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1708056)
High profile kid with some genuine talent, why not?

Not talking about him Pete, his miserable and despicable father....

Peter_Spaeth 10-06-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1708052)
And you don't think their asshole Dad still doesn't control them? Man....Please....He is a piece of garbage....

I don't see any reason to believe Richard controls them. Yes he was very overprotective and probably overbearing as a father-coach, but they both seem to be fine young women as well as phenomenal tennis players so I don't see the negativity here.

CMIZ5290 10-06-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1708058)
I don't see any reason to believe Richard controls them. Yes he was very overprotective and probably overbearing as a father-coach, but they both seem to be fine young women as well as phenomenal tennis players so I don't see the negativity here.

My bad, Yes, I was talking about him....He treats the media and other people like garbage...

clydepepper 10-06-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1708059)
My bad, Yes, I was talking about him....He treats the media and other people like garbage...

...has he even announced that he's running?

Aquarian Sports Cards 10-07-2017 07:03 AM

How does the whole world not realize they are being played by Lamar Ball? Have you listened to his kids? They were raised right. They are humble, soft-spoken and respectful to the utmost. The only way to make that jibe with the public persona of Lamar is to realize that the public persona is just that, an act, a highly successful act. An act that, if everyone stopped paying attention to it, would end quite quickly. If this was the real Lamar Ball his kids would be the same way. My hat's off to him for playing the game so well and raising good kids.

samosa4u 10-08-2017 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1708101)
My hat's off to him for playing the game so well and raising good kids.

+1

Look at the other NBA players with all their tattoos and bad attitude. The Ball brothers are good boys.

gopherfan 10-09-2017 12:56 AM

I hope Lonzo does well.

On another note, why didn't the summer tournaments tell Lavar Ball to take a hike. If I was a tournament director, I would have told him that we weren't interested in his antics after the first walkout. What does that teach the kids? If you don't get your way, have a tantrum and then quit? Wonderful.