Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone ever heard of these…. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=347794)

nwobhm 03-27-2024 01:16 PM

Anyone ever heard of these….

1 Attachment(s)
….pages?

Circa 1990’s. Good quality or trash?

JustinD 03-27-2024 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe they only recently closed down. They mostly marketed to TCG collectors for Magic and Pokémon at places like Walmart.

I have not been a page user since the 80's so I don't know a ton about them. From my understanding Enor (company that produced these) really hammered out the pure PVC pages that were damaging. People loved those pages as they were very stiff, but they're are lots of bad stories of card damage.

I think most collectors have tossed out any Enor pages.

If they look like this, I have seen warnings on other chat sites. I found this pic on TCDB

nwobhm 03-28-2024 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are marked premier and do not have the same marking as the ones you pictured. The full pages look this:

JustinD 03-28-2024 10:56 AM

Well, I just noticed they claim to be PVC free.

They must be some of the newer ones. I guess if you like pages you could always give them a shot.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 03-30-2024 08:49 AM

I'd just stick with Ultra Pro. You can't go wrong. There's always seemingly this issue or that with other brands, plus the holes aren't flush in the binder when you mix and match, which may qualify as the silliest First World Problem ever brought to light.

If anyone is on a budget or just likes to save money, gently used Ultra Pro pages can be found with relative ease for a fraction of the price of new.

FrankWakefield 03-30-2024 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B (Post 2423335)
I'd just stick with Ultra Pro. You can't go wrong. There's always seemingly this issue or that with other brands, plus the holes aren't flush in the binder when you mix and match, which may qualify as the silliest First World Problem ever brought to light.

If anyone is on a budget or just likes to save money, gently used Ultra Pro pages can be found with relative ease for a fraction of the price of new.

THIS, is an excellent example of a great answer for this board.

I use Ultra Pro, the holes do match up well, I'd guess that there might be a few hundred thousand folks who do or would care about that, all of whom are definitely in the first world... One of my daughters once told me, in response to something I had said, "Dad, that's a First World Problem." Which generally means it's not a problem at all.

Great Response!!!

Al C.risafulli 03-30-2024 05:28 PM

Just dropping into this thread to point out that I love Chris' user ID (nwobhm). For some reason I just noticed it today. Sorry for the hijack.

-Al

JollyElm 03-30-2024 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli (Post 2423430)
Just dropping into this thread to point out that I love Chris' user ID (nwobhm). For some reason I just noticed it today. Sorry for the hijack.

-Al

(And off to Wikipedia go us all...) :D

nwobhm 03-30-2024 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli (Post 2423430)

-Al

:D

Al C.risafulli 03-31-2024 12:28 AM

I also just noticed your avatar. :)

-Al

doug.goodman 03-31-2024 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwobhm (Post 2423502)

-Al

He was probably just "killing time" while "inside the power cage" waiting for the "witching hour" which can be "a time of changes" even more than "Dallas 1 pm" but after he "wasted" some "borrowed time" he may have felt "helpless" and was probably "screaming blue murder" at the "demolition" of any "hard times", or he was just "confused" by the "emergency" of deciding between wearing "denim and leather" or "vice versa", ultimately this board is "all for one" even if they "don't need your money, but it's a "cryin' shame" when your "backs to the wall" but at least in that position it's hard to "set your back on fire" even if you are "antisocial" or a "slave to freedom" or maybe "teachers pet"

"Am I Evil?" for the previous paragraph? I don't know, but "Melissa" would know.

Doug

Al C.risafulli 03-31-2024 01:49 AM

First Saxon reference on Net54? Perhaps.

-Al