Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mattress advice (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=250316)

ullmandds 01-20-2018 10:31 AM

Mattress advice

I have had the same mattress for almost 20 years and I think it’s time for a replacement! I have never had anything other than a traditional coil type mattress. Today it seems there are so many new types of mattresses on the market I am so confused and overwhelmed! I tend to prefer a firmer mattress and I sleep either on my back or sometimes on my stomach!

Additionally I would prefer to spend PSA 1 red cobb T206 money...As opposed to PSA 2 goudey Ruth money.

For some reason I trust you guys’s advice more than my friends and family!!!

Any help is appreciated!!

Peter_Spaeth 01-20-2018 12:02 PM

I researched this extensively before buying. Natural latex is a great combination of comfort and support. I enthusiastically recommend a company called SleepEZ, which is who I bought from. Give them a call and they will advise you. Speak with Rodger.

1952boyntoncollector 01-20-2018 01:46 PM

A waterbed with a lava lamp works wonders..

Leon 01-20-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1740325)
I researched this extensively before buying. Natural latex is a great combination of comfort and support. I enthusiastically recommend a company called SleepEZ, which is who I bought from. Give them a call and they will advise you. Speak with Rodger.

hmmm...been thinking about changing out for a while. :)>....might have to check them out.

ullmandds 01-21-2018 07:33 AM

thanks pete...did u go to latex from old school coil mattress?

vintagetoppsguy 01-21-2018 09:08 AM

I sold mattresses and furniture for many years. Go with memory foam. They reduce pressure points that are produced from a typical inner spring mattress. You don't have to spend a lot of money. Memory foam is memory foam, don't pay extra money for the name brand. Sure, you can get it in different densities, ect., but it's really all about the same.

Peter_Spaeth 01-21-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 1740525)
thanks pete...did u go to latex from old school coil mattress?

Yes.

Peter_Spaeth 01-21-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1740553)
I sold mattresses and furniture for many years. Go with memory foam. They reduce pressure points that are produced from a typical inner spring mattress. You don't have to spend a lot of money. Memory foam is memory foam, don't pay extra money for the name brand. Sure, you can get it in different densities, ect., but it's really all about the same.

From my research, memory foam is much less durable than latex.

vintagetoppsguy 01-21-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1740563)
From my research, memory foam is much less durable than latex.

Absolutely correct. Latex is known for durability. Memory foam is known for comfort.

The one piece of advice I gave to every customer is to buy something that's comfortable to you that's in your price range. Unfortunately, people listen to advice of others and sometimes get something they're not happy with. What's comfortable to one might not be comfortable to another.

clydepepper 01-21-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1740352)
hmmm...been thinking about changing out for a while. :)>....might have to check them out.

Great Minds think alike...I'm due for a new one this year. Glad to hear all the advise before I venture out to shop.

Thanks

thescooper 01-21-2018 02:49 PM

I bought a $5000 mattress and it was no better than a $2500 that I had before.
BUT
If you sometimes sleep on your stomach spring for a pillow for front sleepers.
That will make a difference for sure.

Paul S 01-21-2018 04:35 PM

Do an allergy test if you haven't already. I found out the hard way I was allergic to Latex. Not from a mattress (Thank G*d, could you imagine!!), but from a job I had that required wearing sanitary gloves. Switched to vinyl - do they make vinyl mattresses?;)

The-Cardfather 01-21-2018 06:21 PM

I found a video of David, back when he used to sell mattresses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfA8UjUeJio

(Just kidding David.)

midmo 01-24-2018 02:59 PM

Funny, I was just thinking about this too. Mine isn't as old as Pete's, but it's time for a change. My dad has a memory foam in his spare room and I always sleep great when I visit. He said he didn't care for it though so it depends on the person...

chlankf 01-25-2018 07:01 PM

Tempurpedic

I bought a 10 Inch Cloud Tempurdic mattress 8 years ago. Incredible. Both wifey and I sleep better. No more snoring, toss n turn and never feel her move. Best purchase as a couple.

Drawbacks, price, having to buy pedestal frame to not have to buy expensive termur bed for mattress, hot in summer - I used to be much heavier and without air in humid Iowa summer I had to insulate the bed with comforter's to keep bed cool, not bad now lost 55 pounds.

Cloud was not cheapest Tempur, bout middle of the road. Look into them. Understand not buying a name, memory foam is memory foam. Not true. Buddy bought knock off Tempur type for less than a grand, his has compressed down and can clearly see where it has lost original push back, his has deep body impression and is single. Out actual Tempur supports wife and I plus one of our four kids often and remains firm and supportive.

vintagetoppsguy 01-25-2018 07:23 PM

Serta iComfort is a better, cheaper alternative to the Tempurpedic . And they have cooling gels infused into the memory foam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chlankf (Post 1742028)
I bought a 10 Inch Cloud Tempurdic mattress 8 years ago. Incredible. Both wifey and I sleep better. No more snoring, toss n turn and never feel her move. Best purchase as a couple.

Drawbacks, price, having to buy pedestal frame to not have to buy expensive termur bed for mattress, hot in summer - I used to be much heavier and without air in humid Iowa summer I had to insulate the bed with comforter's to keep bed cool, not bad now lost 55 pounds.

Cloud was not cheapest Tempur, bout middle of the road. Look into them. Understand not buying a name, memory foam is memory foam. Not true. Buddy bought knock off Tempur type for less than a grand, his has compressed down and can clearly see where it has lost original push back, his has deep body impression and is single. Out actual Tempur supports wife and I plus one of our four kids often and remains firm and supportive.