Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Seen any concerts lately? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=207913)

2dueces 03-27-2017 01:05 PM

Going to Lynyrd Skynyrd on Friday and Journey July 9th.
Last concert I saw was Wishbone Ash in April 2015.

2dueces 04-03-2017 12:59 PM

Skynyrd still rocks the house. Drummer and guitars were awesome. Johnny Van Zant still has it. It's great to go to a concert and know every song. saw them before the plane crash and now after. Awesome show!.

Snapolit1 04-04-2017 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2dueces (Post 1647278)
Skynyrd still rocks the house. Drummer and guitars were awesome. Johnny Van Zant still has it. It's great to go to a concert and know every song. saw them before the plane crash and now after. Awesome show!.

Who would have thought these dudes would still be at it all these years later. Think of all the bands they've outlasted. Incredible.

bdk1976 04-04-2017 11:14 AM

Been to three concerts in the past six weeks or so:

Blake Shelton - wife wanted to go - turned out to be better than I expected. Gwen Stefani came out and they did a duet together which was pretty cool. Not even in the same league as the next two, though.

Eric Church - Outstanding show - played two sets that spanned about three hours. I'd been looking forward to this show for months with high expectations, and he did not disappoint. Highly recommended!

Chris Stapleton - absolutely PHENOMENAL. If you haven't seen this guy live you are missing out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdk1976 04-04-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanH3 (Post 1600983)
Went and saw Night Ranger last Saturday. They can still bring it. It really seemed like they truly enjoyed playing together. Great show!

Awesome! I've been listening to 24 Strings and a Drummer a lot lately in my truck- would like to catch them live someday.

Snapolit1 04-04-2017 12:38 PM

If you ever have a chance to see The Fab Faux and are a Beatles fan don't miss them. See them once a year and always great.

2dueces 07-10-2017 07:22 AM

Journey

Saw Azia and Journey last night. Azia lost their lead singer and founding member in January but before he passed he recommended the new singer. They really put on a great show. I was pleasantly surprised.

Journey. You can tell whos band it is. Neal Schon had 4 solos and quite frankly only one was impressive. Run of the mill rifts. Could have done without 3 of them. But hey, he founded it. Of course the greatest success was after 78 when Steve the voice Perry joined. If you go to see Journey it's all about the vocals. I had the pleasure of hearing Steve Perry in 80ish. Sometimes the notes he hid would send a chill up your spine. but I digress.
Arnel Pineda is about as close as anyone could try to do Journey. They put on a great show and we left pleasantly pleased although sad that we are all older and of course not a concert like the 70's. Miss the 100% totality of concert goings and anyone old enough to know what I'm talking about can relate.

rsn1661 07-10-2017 05:39 PM

I saw Journey and Asia 2 weeks ago. Asia was very good, the highlight was Carl Palmers drum solo. The man is a machine.

This is the sixth time that I have seen Journey, and probably my least favorite of the six. I would have liked a few more 70s songs and a lot less Neil Shon solos. One would have been fine, cut in half, but 4? Just a bit self-indulgent. It also would have been nice of them to introduce the new keyboardist and let him have a short solo like everyone else.

If it sound like I am complaining, I am not. They still put on an awesome show. Saw them 3 times in 79 and the last 3 times with Arnel Pineda. The guy had some huge shoes to fill and does a great job.

About a month ago I saw a 2 day country concert at Ohio Stadium with 10 bands including Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert and several others. I thought the lineup was a bit weak with the opening groups compared to the last 2 years, but still a good show.

2dueces 07-11-2017 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsn1661 (Post 1679483)
I saw Journey and Asia 2 weeks ago. Asia was very good, the highlight was Carl Palmers drum solo. The man is a machine.

This is the sixth time that I have seen Journey, and probably my least favorite of the six. I would have liked a few more 70s songs and a lot less Neil Shon solos. One would have been fine, cut in half, but 4? Just a bit self-indulgent. It also would have been nice of them to introduce the new keyboardist and let him have a short solo like everyone else.

If it sound like I am complaining, I am not. They still put on an awesome show. Saw them 3 times in 79 and the last 3 times with Arnel Pineda. The guy had some huge shoes to fill and does a great job.

About a month ago I saw a 2 day country concert at Ohio Stadium with 10 bands including Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert and several others. I thought the lineup was a bit weak with the opening groups compared to the last 2 years, but still a good show.

Rich, Great minds think alike. Both drum solos were top great. They were touting Neil as a guitar god. Hmmm. When you've seen Clapton, Alvin Lee, Jeff Beck and Stanley Jordan it's kind of a stretch to put him anywhere near that status. I could name 6 others I've seen that had less solo time that could run circles around him. Still a great time had by all.

Jantz 07-11-2017 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
\m/