Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Seen any concerts lately? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=207913)

RichardSimon 09-13-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampsfan (Post 1812034)
Going to see Sam Roberts Band this Saturday.

Blew the wad and am taking my youngest daughter (she's 22 now) to see Sir Paul McCartney on September 30th. Got the "Meet and Greet" package, sound check, and Row 1 seats on the floor. Ouch.

She is about the biggest McCartney fan I have seen. She knows every detail on the Beatles (Goroge's parents birthdays, etc.) you can imagine, and knows even more about Sir Paul. She downloads any new stuff from Paul, and knows every song he's ever made.

If interested, I'll post how the "sound check" was, etc.

If anyone has done this, I'm wondering if he will sign items. Would love to add a signature to my collection.

You won't believe how great a show he does. Is this the first time your daughter has seen McCartney?

Stampsfan 09-17-2018 02:25 AM

I've seen McCartney a couple of times now, once in his own concert, and I went to Desert Trip in Palm Springs in October of 2016.

My daughter Mallory has seen him 6 or 7 times. She is still in school, but saves her money and flies to see him in concert.

When I say she's the biggest Beatles fan I have ever met, I am saying it without prejudice. She has read books and books on them, and knows so much trivia that is kind of mind boggling. She is currently reading a book on George Martin, because you can never know too much about their manager.

"Hey dad, on this song on Revolver, Paul actually rewired George's guitar (because Paul plays left handed), and used George's guitar on the recording."... and stuff like that. It's a bit strange TBH.

I love the idea of a sign and a song. She plays guitar (and I have no musical talent), so that may be something to try. She pretty much plays every song in the Beatles catalog, including Paul's newest stuff. I mean, does anyone even know Paul's latest songs?

I'll keep you posted then, as (I was informed today), it's only 14 days away.

Snapolit1 09-17-2018 12:08 PM

If she has a sign that says PAUL - I KNOW ALL THE NEW SONGS. LET ME PLAY! I can't see how she doesn't get picked to play a song. Musicians love nothing more than people digging their latest album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampsfan (Post 1813334)
I've seen McCartney a couple of times now, once in his own concert, and I went to Desert Trip in Palm Springs in October of 2016.

My daughter Mallory has seen him 6 or 7 times. She is still in school, but saves her money and flies to see him in concert.

When I say she's the biggest Beatles fan I have ever met, I am saying it without prejudice. She has read books and books on them, and knows so much trivia that is kind of mind boggling. She is currently reading a book on George Martin, because you can never know too much about their manager.

"Hey dad, on this song on Revolver, Paul actually rewired George's guitar (because Paul plays left handed), and used George's guitar on the recording."... and stuff like that. It's a bit strange TBH.

I love the idea of a sign and a song. She plays guitar (and I have no musical talent), so that may be something to try. She pretty much plays every song in the Beatles catalog, including Paul's newest stuff. I mean, does anyone even know Paul's latest songs?

I'll keep you posted then, as (I was informed today), it's only 14 days away.

Stampsfan 09-17-2018 02:38 PM

You know what Steve, it doesn't hurt to try. I love the idea!!! I'll keep you posted.

judsonhamlin 09-17-2018 04:02 PM

So how was Sam Roberts? I really enjoy a number of Canadian bands but trying to catch shows here for Arkells, Sloan, Trews, etc is damn near impossible for some reason.

RichardSimon 09-22-2018 07:29 AM

Last night at MSG. Paul Simon Homeward Bound Tour.
His final tour though he is not retiring, just ending touring.
Terrific show as always.
I have seen him for so many years and he is always terrific.
Who does not like Paul Simon?
Before I got into this business I owned a sweet shop in NYC.
He used to come in once a week for a few cashew nuts :).

judsonhamlin 09-22-2018 02:43 PM

My daughter and I caught Paul Simon in Philly over the summer and it was a fantastic show.
On Thursday, my wife and I saw Mike Nesmith and his First National Band Redux tour in NYC and thouroughly enjoyed it. Small venue but some great guitar playing by his pedal steel payer and by his son, Christian, on lead guitar. The

talkinbaseball 10-08-2018 07:10 PM

XL Center, Hartford, CT

My wife and I saw saw the Eagles October 6th, it was an awesome show.

Don Henley and the crew sounded great.
Deacon looks just like his dad.
John

mark evans 10-08-2018 07:55 PM

I saw Joan Baez at the Warner in DC about a week ago. Although her voice shows age, still a terrific show that brought back memories.

I saw Avett Brothers at Wolftrap outside DC earlier this summer. A wonderful venue by the way for those who might have occasion to visit the area. The music and musicianship was outstanding but I found lights shining out from behind the stage annoying.

Tripredacus 10-17-2018 02:47 PM

I went and saw Andrei Rieu a few weeks ago. I did not really know what his shows were like, I figured they would be less pop than it turned out to be. Still was pretty neat.