Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   battlefield0516 t206 on ebay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=206192)

Joshchisox08 05-21-2015 06:24 AM

I'd better start paying attention to whom I'm buying from off of eBay. But usually it's always the same people. And some people from here.

If you guys wan't I'll give him an earful lol. It's not like I haven't done that in the past to sellers. I'll get in the ring just need someone to ring the bell for me ...........................Round 1 ................

Econteachert205 05-21-2015 06:42 AM

The seller sells a lot of legit cards with only a few shopped cards (usually higher priced) mixed in. That's why they still get a high volume of positive feedback.

1952boyntoncollector 05-21-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybuddyinc (Post 1413191)
Also got to love NO back scans ....... but stated has "nice back."

Not sure where "nice" fits into anyone's grading scale. :confused::eek::confused:

this would of been the world we would of lived in if no TPG.......lots of 'mint' cards.and lots of 'argument's upon receipt....

bbcardzman 05-21-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willworkforT206 (Post 1413343)
battlefield0516 is a person named Carol who resides in Dotham, Alabama. I won a couple of the raw T205 auctions that ended on May 5th. When I received the cards I was really disappointed. The backs of both cards had thick, dark, golden brown, horizontal lines covering them. They looked awful!

I usually don't bid on listings without back scans, but took my chances based on the very positive descriptions and the return policy. I've requested a refund and mailed the cards back recently. The person has been cooperative so far.

The front scans for the T205s I won didn't appear to be photoshopped, but the cards were definitely removed from a scrapbook. I noticed the person listed more T205s yesterday and none of the listings have back scans.

Steve

I won a couple of these T205's a week or so ago and all of the pics were photoshopped and the backs were the same as the ones you got with thick, dark, golden brown, horizontal lines covering them.

http://t205photos.webs.com/

First pic is the one in the eBay listing and the other two are of the card I received complete with a few creases, a lot more edge chipping and of course the horrible back.

I still haven't received a response from them though and this is day 5. I'm starting to get a little upset about it. What else did you guys do to get a response from this idiot?

slipk1068 05-21-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 (Post 1413386)
If you guys wan't I'll give him an earful lol. It's not like I haven't done that in the past to sellers. I'll get in the ring just need someone to ring the bell for me ...........................Round 1 ................

There have been threads about this seller in the past selling fake cards. I gave him an earful at that time and reported him to ebay. All I got for it was a nasty response and he banned me from bidding in his auctions.

This is a good thing. Anyone who wants to be sure to never make the mistake of bidding in his auctions should give him an earful. He is sure to ban you for it :)

Joshchisox08 05-21-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipk1068 (Post 1413421)
There have been threads about this seller in the past selling fake cards. I gave him an earful at that time and reported him to ebay. All I got for it was a nasty response and he banned me from bidding in his auctions.

This is a good thing. Anyone who wants to be sure to never make the mistake of bidding in his auctions should give him an earful. He is sure to ban you for it :)

Haha you make a good point I'll give him an earful this weekend after a few pints. I'll do myself a favor by getting banned !

Another idea is a mass messaging him from people on this board to piss him off no ?

Luke 05-21-2015 11:15 AM

I don't know if it will accomplish anything, but I just reported one of their listings using:

listing practices>fraudulent listing activities>you suspect that a listing is fraudulent

Maybe if we all do this, ebay will take notice.

tschock 05-21-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdixon1208 (Post 1413216)
Some of the T205's that were sold last week are back on ebay. I bought the Joss from him and the scan was clearly Photoshopped. He refunded my money right away. I left him negative feedback. Now the same card is back on ebay with the same photoshopped scan. This seller is a fraudulent POS!

Robert Dixon

Thanks for the heads up AND the ebay feedback! I was looking at the newly listed Joss, went back to the feedback and saw the neg (on the Joss), and figured he just relisted the same card. Wasn't planning on bidding, but wanted to follow it to see what happens next. :)

Joshchisox08 05-21-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeLyon (Post 1413455)
I don't know if it will accomplish anything, but I just reported one of their listings using:

listing practices>fraudulent listing activities>you suspect that a listing is fraudulent

Maybe if we all do this, ebay will take notice.

That's what I was getting at Luke !! And we all do it like on the same day haha. Hey maybe eBay will give em a slap on the wrist this time ??

Eggoman 05-21-2015 02:13 PM

It appears that the T205 Joss is no longer at auction and has been taken down.