Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   PWCC Auctions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=232703)

th38larg 12-20-2016 06:20 AM

PWCC Auctions

Did anybody catch anything in the big PWCC auction last? There was a lot of pretty rare boxing stuff going off all within about a 30 minute window. I didn't even know about the auctions until the late afternoon.

I was in on about 5-6 things, but got sniped on all but one.

Andy Baran 12-20-2016 09:31 AM

Pwcc

Most (if not all) of the John L. Sullivan stuff was mine. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results. Some stuff went for more than I was expecting, other stuff went for less than I had hoped. Would love to know where some of these items ended up. I hope they all found good homes.

Exhibitman 12-20-2016 11:51 AM

I had a feeling that was your stuff. Nice to know the seller wasn't a shill bidder.

Andy Baran 12-20-2016 05:08 PM

Definitely no shill bidding, or the prices would have been higher. Kept a couple of key pieces for myself and sold the rest. Thought the timing was right to sell based on a few eBay auctions that I had seen.

th38larg 12-20-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Baran (Post 1612530)
Definitely no shill bidding, or the prices would have been higher. Kept a couple of key pieces for myself and sold the rest. Thought the timing was right to sell based on a few eBay auctions that I had seen.

I would love to know what you kept. You willing to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butcher354435 12-21-2016 05:11 AM

Hello Andy!

I ended up with the Hess Sullivan. Just can't pass up Hess's with nice images... :-)

Are you refocusing your collection?

I also picked up N162 Dempsey but not sure if that was yours...

Andy Baran 12-21-2016 06:46 AM

Hi Brent. I'm glad that the Hess found a good home. It was one of my favorites. I have changed my focus to Boston Bruins Hockey and New England Patriots for the most part. Kept a couple of Sullivans (and there are a couple more I would still like to get) and some Boston Red Sox. Haven't found a Sullivan in a long time, and needed to turn over some cards to buy others. I have a link to my website below so you can see all of the things that I am working on. I've been able to put together a nice Bruins collection with some very rare cards.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/Abaran

Andy Baran 12-21-2016 06:54 AM

John L. Sullivan Keepers

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by th38larg (Post 1612589)
I would love to know what you kept. You willing to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy to share. I kept the following cards:

1.) 1890 N150 Honest Long Cut - This is easily the most difficult pose to find, and it is the nicest condition N150 that I have ever seen.

2.) 1895 N266 Newsboy Cabinet - This is the only known example. It's graded SGC 20.

3.) 1898 & 1914 M128 Police Gazettes.

4.) 1920 Romeo y Julieta Sullivan w/ Kilrain. Just love the Cuban issues. Would like to add a Sullivan w/ Corbett from this set.

Would also really like to add an 1890 N256 Kinney Sullivan someday.

Leon 12-21-2016 09:50 AM

I just want to say Hey to Andy and Brent..... Hope you guys are well and if you ever get to big D, or a National Sports Collectors Convention, lets get together...

Andy Baran 12-21-2016 10:08 AM

Hey Leon. Nice to hear from you. I'm in Dallas all the time these days for work. Will get in touch with you.

GasHouseGang 12-22-2016 01:03 AM

Wow, I missed those auctions! Probably just as well since I need to recharge after the "Love Of The Game" auctions. Looks like there was some great quality cards though.

butcher354435 12-22-2016 03:28 AM

Leon,

Next time I'm in Dallas I would love to catch up but unfortunately I'm not there too often now that I'm working overseas... I also plan to make it a priority to attend next year's National. Haven't been to one since 2008 I think... Years sure go by fast!

Leon 12-22-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butcher354435 (Post 1612972)
Leon,

Next time I'm in Dallas I would love to catch up but unfortunately I'm not there too often now that I'm working overseas... I also plan to make it a priority to attend next year's National. Haven't been to one since 2008 I think... Years sure go by fast!

That must be the year you gave me some toothpaste as I forgot mine :). You remember that?

Andy- looking forward to it!!

aljurgela 12-25-2016 04:32 PM

Hess and others

Did not realize that you were downsizing Andy! Good luck in your new endeavors! I saw those at the end by happen stance and really wanted the Hess that Brent got.. was the underbidder on that one! Did not have enough time to check out everything else.. but hope that you were happy with the results Andy....

Hey to you Brent... congrats on the Hess pickup. Very cool...

Al