Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Why do people feel the need to lie? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=243144)

bobbyw8469 08-07-2017 03:25 PM

Maybe so. But the item was only in his possession for two weeks before the offer came in. It is a new flip. So, doubtful.

1952boyntoncollector 08-07-2017 05:37 PM

Still dont understand why anyone would want to believe the reason anyone gives for selling a card. What does it matter and who cares if they are lying about their reasons. As long as the card is real and in the condition as presented does any of rest matter if true or not.

Sellers say need to sell cards to pay taxes or pay for medication yet the cards listed forever. Who cares the reasons, if you would pay $400 for the card but wont now for his lies then the card really isnt worth $400 to you. If its worth $400 then pay it....if you want to feel better i guess make up a reason why you have to buy it....say..ok ill pay the $400.....and after you get the card say thanks cause i have a buyer for it for $600...does that make you feel better.

Jim65 08-12-2017 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1688253)
Still dont understand why anyone would want to believe the reason anyone gives for selling a card. What does it matter and who cares if they are lying about their reasons. As long as the card is real and in the condition as presented does any of rest matter if true or not.

Sellers say need to sell cards to pay taxes or pay for medication yet the cards listed forever. Who cares the reasons, if you would pay $400 for the card but wont now for his lies then the card really isnt worth $400 to you. If its worth $400 then pay it....if you want to feel better i guess make up a reason why you have to buy it....say..ok ill pay the $400.....and after you get the card say thanks cause i have a buyer for it for $600...does that make you feel better.

I don't care about his reason for selling and I didn't ask. If my offer was not enough, then he should have just said so instead of making up a story. There has to be a certain trust from buyer to seller, if he would lie about that, maybe he's dishonest enough to lie about shipping my item or maybe he will stick a rock in a box to get a delivery confirmation. I would have paid by regular PayPal but I'd rather not have to fight to get my money back from a seller who's proven to lbe dishonest.

Leon 08-14-2017 05:39 AM

I will tell people what I paid usually. It doesn't matter that much what I paid it's what will they pay me for it. On the converse I don't really care what others paid for something either.

Jim65 08-15-2017 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1690460)
On the converse I don't really care what others paid for something either.

Yup. I understand sellers hate to lose money but just because they way overpaid for something doesn't mean I'm gooing to cover their mistake.

1952boyntoncollector 08-15-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1690822)
Yup. I understand sellers hate to lose money but just because they way overpaid for something doesn't mean I'm gooing to cover their mistake.

What it does do if the seller is serious is it saves time with the back and forth if the buyer knows theres no chance the seller will take less than the buyer can move on. Again i dont care what the seller says and dont care if its real or not what he paid. Whats important is if i know he wont take a certain price for whatever the claimed reason and i can move on..

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-15-2017 11:09 AM

Yeah I don't understand the need for a bogus claim by the seller. When people make me offers on ebay I counter with my best price. I tell them "That's the best I can do" I don't bother telling them why. Live, if I get into a discussion or it's a buyer I know well I may go into more detail, but online with a complete stranger what's the point? Often after I give my best price they re-counter and then I send them my best price again, if they again counter below that I just reject it.

tschock 08-16-2017 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1690941)
Yeah I don't understand the need for a bogus claim by the seller. When people make me offers on ebay I counter with my best price. I tell them "That's the best I can do" I don't bother telling them why. Live, if I get into a discussion or it's a buyer I know well I may go into more detail, but online with a complete stranger what's the point? Often after I give my best price they re-counter and then I send them my best price again, if they again counter below that I just reject it.

Not a big seller here, but I've walked away from selling something for as little as $5. When I get something to the effect of "You're willing to walk away because of a difference of $5?", my response is "Yeah, are you?"

1952boyntoncollector 08-16-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards (Post 1690941)

Best I can do is a good tactic as long as you hold to that.

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-16-2017 01:06 PM

try me :)