Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to Judge Pricing on Zeenuts WITH Coupon (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239275)

GregMitch34 05-04-2017 12:46 PM

How to Judge Pricing on Zeenuts WITH Coupon

As you know, only a very small number retain their coupons--especially in early years, and the pop reports and VCP don't generally separate them out--and with very few sales of such in past to look for this seems to be one of the toughest values to set or guess at for a Zeenut from the first decade WITH coupon attached, even those graded. Except for a few Hall of Famers. Any sources out there to gain any insight at all?

philliesphan 05-05-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregMitch34 (Post 1657931)
As you know, only a very small number retain their coupons--especially in early years, and the pop reports and VCP don't generally separate them out--and with very few sales of such in past to look for this seems to be one of the toughest values to set or guess at for a Zeenut from the first decade WITH coupon attached, even those graded. Except for a few Hall of Famers. Any sources out there to gain any insight at all?

Greg-

You can shoot me an e-mail (mschoenen@gmail.com). There is not really a good rule of thumb on this, unfortunately, but I've been closely tracking tabbed Zeenut prices for the past 7-8 years, so may be able to be of assistance if you have examples you're trying to value-

m

Leon 05-08-2017 06:26 AM

I don't know of pricing sources for Zs with coupons, but somewhere in the ballpark of 10x-20x the value of one without, would be my semi educated guess. So if you have a nice common 1913 without coupon it might be $30- $40......One with a coupon will be between 10x-20x as much, and probably somewhere in the middle. That is my guess at the pricing. I have owned quite a few before.....(more than a hundred with coupons)

GregMitch34 06-27-2022 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up my first Zeenut with coupon tonight and saw this thread--surprised that I started it 5 years ago! Anyway, here is the card, only one with coupon ever graded (and only one other, at SGC, without). I'm guessing I got fluke bargain but wonder what anyone may estimate actual value?

Leon 06-28-2022 05:55 AM

Great Zeenut. Their prices can swing a little but I would peg that one at about 400-500.....just an educated guess....your mileage may vary....

tedzan 06-28-2022 06:21 AM

I concur with Leon....my only Zeenut with an intact Coupon was selling for $400 several years ago.

http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan7...tHolmesTab.jpg

TED Z

T206 Reference

rjackson44 06-28-2022 01:38 PM

I bought two from leon will never sell ,,got good deals on both.

molenick 06-28-2022 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I paid $475 for this. It was on eBay for awhile, the BIN price kept getting lower but not low enough, then it was offered as an auction and I was the only bidder (as I recall...this was over a year ago and the listing is no longer up).

Which probably means I paid too much, since there wasn't a lot of competition for the card. Sometimes you just get tired of watching a card for years and decide it's time to buy it or stop watching it.

But I like Zeenuts with coupons and 1918 is a tough year. And it is always a plus for me when a Zeenut pictures not only a former (or soon-to-be) major leaguer but an interesting player. Crandall is "eligible" for many threads: good hitting pitchers, pitchers who played other positions, PCL Hall of Famers, 300 game winners (majors and minors combined).

Casey2296 06-28-2022 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice Michael, that's a rare one. Here's my only coupon, BST pick-up.
_

molenick 06-28-2022 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, I really like your 1915. I have one 1915 with tab which I am sure I paid too much for. And I need to look at BST more often!

Leon 06-30-2022 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by molenick (Post 2238306)
I paid $475 for this. It was on eBay for awhile, the BIN price kept getting lower but not low enough, then it was offered as an auction and I was the only bidder (as I recall...this was over a year ago and the listing is no longer up).

Which probably means I paid too much, since there wasn't a lot of competition for the card. Sometimes you just get tired of watching a card for years and decide it's time to buy it or stop watching it.

But I like Zeenuts with coupons and 1918 is a tough year. And it is always a plus for me when a Zeenut pictures not only a former (or soon-to-be) major leaguer but an interesting player. Crandall is "eligible" for many threads: good hitting pitchers, pitchers who played other positions, PCL Hall of Famers, 300 game winners (majors and minors combined).

Love the red borders on those.

Here are the ones from my first collection. I don't own them any longer. It was fun doing the run...

molenick 06-30-2022 08:01 PM

Those are great, Leon. In my mind, I am working on a Zeenut run with tabs but in actuality, I only have tabbed cards from six different years (plus some pre-tabbed cards from 1911 and 1912).