Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT - Mark Jordan (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=171711)

BruceWayne 07-02-2013 07:43 PM

OT - Mark Jordan

Hello Everyone,

I was informed yesterday that Mark Jordan of Heritage Auctions was in a very serious car accident. I understand he got sideswiped by a hit and run driver and broke four ribs and a bone in his neck. His kidneys were not working properly as of yesterday so he was still in the ICU the last I heard. Fortunately, those close to the situation remain postive about his recovery.

While I personally know Mark on only a casual basis and some consider him a "competitor" of mine, I hope you will all please keep Mark in your prayers as we hope for a speedy recovery. I am guessing some of you may also know Mark personally and also wish him the best.

Sincerely,
Chris

prestigecollectibles 07-02-2013 08:18 PM

Very sad to hear, wish him the best of luck.

roarfrom34 07-02-2013 09:32 PM

Yes, Mark has been involved in this hobby for a very long time....

I'm hoping he heals quickly....

Leon 07-02-2013 11:48 PM

Sad news. Even though I have only known him a few years, I have always had a good time being around Mark. Get well quick Mark.

Rich Klein 07-03-2013 07:03 AM

I've been lucky in my car accidents

This may be a blessing for Mark as I know he has other health issues in the past so if this helps to fix alll his health issues this may work in his behalf

I do hope he heals fast, my car wreck in December 2011 too took me a good month to get over and I only had a 2 hour ER visit. Car wrecks suck

Rich

Sean1125 07-03-2013 07:11 AM

I had a wreck March 2011 and I'm still not recovered... I wish him the best...

sports-rings 07-03-2013 07:41 AM

Mark is a great person, and I am so sorry to hear the news. Thanks for sharing this.

I hope he gets well soon.

By the way, and perhaps now is not the time to bring this up, but I find Mark to be a great resource at Heritage. I much prefer working with him than the usual people I used to deal with there.

ethicsprof 07-03-2013 08:13 PM

mark

wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
My prayers are with you,

Barry

sports-rings 07-10-2013 12:15 PM

Any updates on Mark?

BruceWayne 07-11-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sports-rings (Post 1156567)
Any updates on Mark?

Hey Michael,

I'm checking and will post an update as soon as I hear back.

BruceWayne 07-11-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sports-rings (Post 1156567)
Any updates on Mark?

Just got this from a friend of mine:

He is very slowly improving. Gonna be a long road to recovery, but we can hopefully go see him next week.

While the recovery may not be a speedy one, fortunately it looks like he is slowly getting better.

sports-rings 07-11-2013 11:47 AM

thanks for the update,

glad to hear he is improving, while sad that it's going to be a long road to recovery. My prayers are with him and his family.

HexsHeroes 07-11-2013 01:33 PM

My first encounter with Mark occurred at my second National show, in Chicago/Rosemont in 2002. He had a fairly large inventory of vintage autographs for sale and I was able to purchase a Joe Sugden signed business card (Scout, St. Louis Cardinals?) along with a couple of other items (that currently escape my memory). I found Mark to be quite informative and pleasant to deal with. Prayers for a speedy recovery.