Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay fees on returns (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=82202)

Archive 09-11-2006 04:51 PM

Ebay fees on returns

Posted By: <b>edacra</b><p>What's the best method for Sellers to get their fees refunded to them on returns? <br /><br />Here's a common scenario for me on ebay...I buy something, it arrives trimmed or there's some other problem the Seller should be accountable for...they agree to refund me my money MINUS their fees. I even had one Seller hit me with negative feedback on what was supposed to be a mutually withdrawn sale, becuase he said it was the only way Ebay would give him his fees back. Why am I getting stung for sending back screwy merchandise? Now I know Ebay will return fees and I'm all for the seller getting his $1.30 back....and I'll even eat the shipping, but I feel like I'm being double-scammed.<br /><br />The latest were a bunch of 1948 Signal Oil cards that looked like they were cut with safety scissors. The total was only $31 including shipping, but the guy wants to keep $5 for "fees and the hassle". It's not my fault he thinks these gas station issued cards "came cut from a food box just like the day they came out", why should I pay? <br /><br />I think I'm half venting, and half asking for advice.

Archive 09-11-2006 05:06 PM

Ebay fees on returns

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Wow, it looks like you hooked up with a real winner. Short of accepting this there is really nothing that you can do to reverse any of this. Ebay sucks when it comes to this type of seller activity. You could ask someone from ebay to look at this but you'll be spinning your wheels. <br /><br />It's sad to see people get shafted like this, especially when they're your forum friends. About the best you can do is make a voodoo doll of the idiot seller and stick pins in it. You can do that or just wait for time to pass because what goes around comes around.

Archive 09-11-2006 05:38 PM

Ebay fees on returns

Posted By: <b>barrysloate</b><p>Getting the negative feedback sucks. That's a really unacceptable policy. See if somehow you can get it expunged. You probably won't be successful though. That negative feedback will impact how people perceive you in future transactions.

Archive 09-11-2006 08:02 PM

Ebay fees on returns

Posted By: <b>edacra</b><p>Thanks guys. I have the worst luck, eh? <br /><br />The best part is the guy with the negaive feedback works for one of those Ebay consignment companies. <br /><br />

Archive 09-11-2006 08:19 PM

Ebay fees on returns

Posted By: <b>steve f</b><p>Perhaps after a week or so, when things cool, you can offer a compromise and mutually remove the negs. It works.(Assuming you left a neg as well)

Archive 09-11-2006 08:42 PM

Ebay fees on returns

Posted By: <b>edacra</b><p>Get this, the Seller actually did come to me to mutually remove the feedback. He even apologized. It's possible he even really believes he had to do it to recoup his fees.<br />I would never begrudge anyone the ability to get a $1.30 refund so they can afford to try to rip someone else off <br /><br />....but I wish I could figure Ebay out so the next time someone uses their fees as an excuse for a partial refund, or neg. feedback, I can instruct them on how to do it, or at least tell them to go fly a kite.<br /><br /><br />

Archive 09-11-2006 08:49 PM

Ebay fees on returns

Posted By: <b>Judge Dred (Fred)</b><p>Incredible, common sense prevails on ebay! Hopefully the negs are reversed and all will end well.