Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cis collectibles insured (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=318855)

jasonraider 04-28-2022 12:18 PM

Cis collectibles insured

Not sure if this is the right spot to put this but I'm wondering if anyone has ever used this company? And they do like a dealers insurance for shipping

It's called cis collectibles insurance services

theuclakid 04-28-2022 12:25 PM

CIS insurance

yes I have used them for years...home coverage of the collection or inventory, when I traveled to shows (and coverage at shows) as well as insurance with shipping, and now mostly just home coverage, and shipping insurance needs....no problems...there is a deductible on any claim....keep complete records of the transaction/shipment

I have only had one claim, and they paid promptly minus the annual deductible

Bruce Perry

jasonraider 04-28-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theuclakid (Post 2219873)
yes I have used them for years...home coverage of the collection or inventory, when I traveled to shows (and coverage at shows) as well as insurance with shipping, and now mostly just home coverage, and shipping insurance needs....no problems...there is a deductible on any claim....keep complete records of the transaction/shipment

I have only had one claim, and they paid promptly minus the annual deductible

Bruce Perry

It seems like a better cheaper option than paying usps fedex ect everytime you ship thanks for the feedback

Aquarian Sports Cards 04-28-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonraider (Post 2219898)
It seems like a better cheaper option than paying usps fedex ect everytime you ship thanks for the feedback

Especially since UPS and FedEx will sell you whatever insurance you want, but only actually honor coverage up to $1000 on collectibles. Can be a HUGE nightmare.

philo98 04-28-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonraider (Post 2219898)

I use them as well, however since Im not a dealer, I remember seeing something in my policy where my insurance wouldnt cover me if I was to become a dealer. I think you need to specify these details to them so they provide you the appropriate quote and coverage.

I actually use CIS as others have stated, as a supplement to USPS, Fedex etc worthless insurance. The only requirement is I need the package sent with "signature confirmation" to get the higher insurance value, otherwise without this the value is much lower.

But I agree with the rest that they are very easy to deal with.

Leon 04-29-2022 07:53 AM

I used them before, when helping run an auction company, and they were very good at that time. I think we had one claim and they did well with it.