Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Seen any concerts lately? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=207913)

irv 08-12-2018 09:32 AM

Went and seen 38 Special, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd last night at the Budweiser Stage in Toronto.

What a show is all I can say!!

38 Special was good, ZZ Top were excellent + and Lynryd Skynyrd were Phenomenal.

With only one remaining original member, Gary Rossington, they still sound amazing.
This is rumored to be their last tour so if you get the chance to check them out, do so, you'll be glad you did. :)
https://globalnews.ca/news/3987608/l...farewell-tour/

Leon 08-12-2018 10:04 AM

Saw Frampton and Steve Miller Band a few weeks ago at a small local venue. They brought back a lot of fond memories and still rocked.

ibuysportsephemera 08-12-2018 10:36 AM

I saw Trombone Shorty and the Voodoo Threauxdown tour last night. The night included lot's of New Orleans bands...The New Breed Brass Band, Preservation Hall Band, Galactic and of course Trombone Shorty. Great show!

Jeff

BearBailey 08-12-2018 07:14 PM

Saw Radiohead in the last night of their North American tour in Philly about a week and a half ago, great concert and Great setlist!

commishbob 08-12-2018 09:04 PM

In the past week or so I bought tickets for both kd lang (my wife and I are big fans) and Bob Dylan. I last saw Dylan in 1971 and figured there may not be many more chances to see him again. I do understand that his show has the potential to be an epic disappointment but I figure he can't be any worse than Gordon Lightfoot was a couple of years back. That was the only concert I ever walked out of.

RichardSimon 08-29-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcgwirecom (Post 1794781)
I'm trying to see as many great classic rock artists as possible before they pass on. I always kept my tickets so I started keeping track on a site called setlist.fm according to their database I have now seen 163 concerts of 109 different artists. Now that being said, quite a few were from big events like Live Aid and The opening of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's a pretty good site if you haven't been there. They try and keep track of every concert and set lists of the concerts. Like wikipedia they rely on peoples input.

Now the most recent concert I saw was ZZ Top & John Fogerty on June 24th. I was really impressed with John. Voice is still great and energy is amazing.

The concert I was most happy to see recently was by a man called Rodriguez. I am very late to the boat on this guy. I only watched the documentary "Searching for Sugar Man" this past winter. But it was made in 2012. I don't want to ruin the story but I highly suggest anyone who hasn't heard of him to watch this documentary. It is amazing. Here is a link to watch it free
http://watchdocumentaries.com/searching-for-sugar-man/

Sorry if I posted this before...

Hey Randy,
I have seen Fogerty many times but missed this tour.
He is fantastic, full of energy and still in great voice.

Stampsfan 09-11-2018 01:05 PM

Going to see Sam Roberts Band this Saturday.

Blew the wad and am taking my youngest daughter (she's 22 now) to see Sir Paul McCartney on September 30th. Got the "Meet and Greet" package, sound check, and Row 1 seats on the floor. Ouch.

She is about the biggest McCartney fan I have seen. She knows every detail on the Beatles (Goroge's parents birthdays, etc.) you can imagine, and knows even more about Sir Paul. She downloads any new stuff from Paul, and knows every song he's ever made.

If interested, I'll post how the "sound check" was, etc.

If anyone has done this, I'm wondering if he will sign items. Would love to add a signature to my collection.

pawpawdiv9 09-11-2018 02:14 PM

I'd like to go to this one coming up October 20th in Atlanta--- Chris Stapleton

Snapolit1 09-11-2018 04:44 PM

Man that sounds incredible. Have never done that package but have paid good money for premium seats. Best show money can buy.
I know he often will invite someone on stage to play in the soundcheck. If your daughter plays she should bring a sign asking to play with the band.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampsfan (Post 1812034)
Going to see Sam Roberts Band this Saturday.

Blew the wad and am taking my youngest daughter (she's 22 now) to see Sir Paul McCartney on September 30th. Got the "Meet and Greet" package, sound check, and Row 1 seats on the floor. Ouch.

She is about the biggest McCartney fan I have seen. She knows every detail on the Beatles (Goroge's parents birthdays, etc.) you can imagine, and knows even more about Sir Paul. She downloads any new stuff from Paul, and knows every song he's ever made.

If interested, I'll post how the "sound check" was, etc.

If anyone has done this, I'm wondering if he will sign items. Would love to add a signature to my collection.

RichardSimon 09-13-2018 11:03 AM

Last night at Forest Hills Stadium - Willie Nelson and the man,, Van Morrison.
Never saw Nelson before but I liked his opening half of the show.
I was there for Van Morrison and he did not disappoint for one minute.
An amazing show. 73 years old and Morrison still has it. Touring all the time and never the same set list. Just amazing. I never miss him when he is in NYC.