Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Seen any concerts lately? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=207913)

thescooper 09-25-2016 08:26 PM

Been a while but took a lady to see Meatloaf on 11 september 1994 and am still with her 22 years later

midmo 09-27-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatles Guy (Post 1572408)
Paul McCartney Saturday night at Busch Stadium. Great show and I took my son Jude to see it.

That's awesome. I really wanted to catch that show, but was travelling and missed it.

I saw Slayer and Anthrax in St Louis last week. \m/(-.-)\m/

Seeing Jason Isbell, the Avett Brothers, Nathaniel Rateliff, etc at a festival this weekend.

mantleman 09-28-2016 11:41 AM

Guns and Roses

Just noticed this thread!

I saw Guns and Roses in Toronto in July...............phenomenal concert, well over 3 hours long. I am a huge SLASH fan and have followed him for the last few years doing his solo thing (3 times live) but to see him with Duff and Axl was beyond words.

It was the concert where someone on his road crew had been caught at the border with a gun!

Axl sounded great, yes his voice has changed a little but he hit the notes when he had to and SLASH slayed his solos.

A memorable night!!

Andy

judsonhamlin 09-29-2016 07:31 PM

Cat Stevens

My daughter chose his concert at the Beacon in NYC last week in lieu of other gifts for her 17th birthday and saw one of the best shows I've been to in a long time. His voice is still moving and I was reminded how amazing his songwriting and musical phrasing really is. It was his first show in the city in 40 years. I was glad we got to see him.
Off to Graham Nash Saturday, Squeeze in a couple of weeks and then the Monkees later in October.

I also feel like I've done something right if my daughter would rather see Cat Stevens than anything else for her birthday.

Snapolit1 10-06-2016 07:38 PM

Saw Tom Jones at a small theater in NJ last week. What a hoot. Guy is in his 70s and the voice hasn't lost anything. Remarkable performer. Full house, had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Not someone I ever thought I would see, but he was 15 minutes from my house. Glad I went.

RichardSimon 10-10-2016 11:32 AM

Van Morrison Oct 9 at Forest Hills Stadium, NY,,, The Man is still great and his band is super. His daughter opened the show with a short set which closed with Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher. Van only does 90 mins now but he leaves you wanting more.

rsn1661 10-14-2016 10:01 PM

Saw Drake White and The Big Fire, Randy Houser and Dierks Bentley last night in Ft. Wayne, IN. Good show.

irv 10-15-2016 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1591657)
Saw Tom Jones at a small theater in NJ last week. What a hoot. Guy is in his 70s and the voice hasn't lost anything. Remarkable performer. Full house, had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Not someone I ever thought I would see, but he was 15 minutes from my house. Glad I went.

Similar story, only it was Kris Kristofferson I went to see.

My wife wanted to take her Mother, who was a huge fan, so I obliged but was thinking I was likely in for a relatively boring night, but I quickly found out it was one of the best shows I had ever seen!

He was great, his band was great and the music he played was upbeat and entertaining!
I was so glad I went, I wanted to know where he was playing his next show as I wanted to experience it again.

Stampsfan 10-23-2016 01:44 AM

Desert Trip.

Weekend 2.

'Nuff said...

RichardSimon 11-01-2016 09:52 PM

Stand Up For Heroes,, a benefit show at the theater at MSG.
Jon Stewart
Jerry Seinfeld
Jim Gaffigan
Louis CK
Bruce Springsteen

First time I have seen this annual benefit.
Bruce only does four songs acoustic versions.
Great show and laugh your ass off funny for all the comedians.