Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Pirates Autograph Collection (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=248883)

chlankf 12-15-2017 11:32 AM

Pirates Autograph Collection

6 Attachment(s)
15 or so years ago I picked up a collection of Pirates autograph collection. I'm not a Pirates collector, but he was a friend and gave me the collection for a great price. It includes mainly 3x5 index cards, stickers, checks, envelopes, etc.

I have seen so many great item I collect that I am considering parting with this collection to fund some purchases. How I sell these is the question I'm debating. Should I consign to an AH or part out individually? I'm sure return would be greater parting out but not sure I want to spend the the doing so. Alternative thought is that I'm sure some members here would love to add some or all of them to their collections. What would some of you do?

Thanks Craig

Here is a sampling, just last names starting with A's

T206Collector 12-15-2017 08:52 PM

I’d be interested to know if you’ve got Wagner, Leach, or Leifield in there.

chlankf 12-15-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T206Collector (Post 1729920)

Last time I had these out was in '05-'06. I went through them all and built a spreadsheet in Excel with front and back scans for each with a little bio.

The post is all the letter A. Today I went through the B's and C's. Been looking for comparisons. There are three that I can't find any others. Only remember one of them right now, signed William "Jap" Barbeau. Short career so I'm sure its pretty tough. Any idea of a value for him?

I know there is no Wagner, I would remember that. Not sure Leach or Leifield. I am out of town hunting with in of my younger boys but will check when I get home.

Craig

btcarfagno 12-16-2017 06:06 AM

Some of the obscure ones who passed away before 1970 have some value, although most not more than $10 or so unless they passed away pre 1960. Any player who was featured in the T206 set has value because of the crossover collecting aspect. Most of the more recent players or guys who died from the 1990's on you should just sell in bulk. You could give to an auction house but will obviously get far less than piecing out the best parts yourself. Would save time and effort for you however. How many pieces are in there?

Tom C

TakingStock 12-16-2017 12:06 PM

I am interested in any signed checks you have. Please PM me with any checks you are looking to sell.

chlankf 12-17-2017 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by T206Collector (Post 1729920)

Found two of the three, was right no Wagner. Any others you looking for? PM me.

Here is Leach & Leifield.

Big Lou 309 12-22-2017 05:50 PM

Pirates Autograph Collection

I would be interested if you have a Jack McCarthy
autograph included in the collection.

Thanks, Louis

MacDice 12-23-2017 10:00 PM

Any chance you have a Harry Smith?

PSACJ 12-26-2017 10:50 AM

I would be interested in any of the following?

Daulbert, Doc Johnston, Camnitz, Dots Miller, Ward Miller and McQuillan

ss 12-26-2017 07:05 PM

Perhaps you could post the complete list?