Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lake Country Minors? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=251954)

Jim65 03-01-2018 10:24 AM

Lake Country Minors?

They are a dealer in minor league team sets. Anyone bought from them? They have a couple rare, expensive minor league sets that I am interested in buying, and would feel more comfortable knowing they are trustworthy.

cardinalcollector 03-01-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1752966)
They are a dealer in minor league team sets. Anyone bought from them? They have a couple rare, expensive minor league sets that I am interested in buying, and would feel more comfortable knowing they are trustworthy.

They have been around a long time. I had a $3000 deal with them in 1999 and several others since. No issues.

Jim65 03-01-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalcollector (Post 1753032)
They have been around a long time. I had a $3000 deal with them in 1999 and several others since. No issues.

Great, thanks. They have some nice rare minor league stuff.

Jim65 03-02-2018 04:25 AM

Turns out they sold out on all the sets I wanted. No real time inventory, giant waste of my time.

Jenx34 03-08-2018 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1752966)

I haven't dealt with them in 15 years, but I suspect you won't have any issues with them. I used to be the Director of Operations for the Birmingham Barons and did deals with Lake County Minors, STB Sports and one I other I can't remember. In the early 2000's, we did autographed cards inside team sets and #'d update sets w/ autographs when possible. The 3 of them worked together and paid the players to autograph the cards with the stipulation they would each get a certain amount of sets (50-100? for a regular team issue) at a lower cost than retail. I can't recall the owner's name, but I did meet him at the Winter Meetings Trade Show one year. Nice guy. They were always great to deal with and they bought cards from teams every year and were doing so long before I was around in the late 90's to early 2000's.

If you don't find what you are looking for at Lake County, check out STB Sports. Steve Green is the owner there and a stand up guy. Either should have just about anything you might want.

Rich Klein 03-08-2018 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenx34 (Post 1755369)
I haven't dealt with them in 15 years, but I suspect you won't have any issues with them. I used to be the Director of Operations for the Birmingham Barons and did deals with Lake County Minors, STB Sports and one I other I can't remember. In the early 2000's, we did autographed cards inside team sets and #'d update sets w/ autographs when possible. The 3 of them worked together and paid the players to autograph the cards with the stipulation they would each get a certain amount of sets (50-100? for a regular team issue) at a lower cost than retail. I can't recall the owner's name, but I did meet him at the Winter Meetings Trade Show one year. Nice guy. They were always great to deal with and they bought cards from teams every year and were doing so long before I was around in the late 90's to early 2000's.

If you don't find what you are looking for at Lake County, check out STB Sports. Steve Green is the owner there and a stand up guy. Either should have just about anything you might want.

The 3rd person was Pete Kennedy out of FLA and I don't remember his trade name and at 3 AM I don't truly want to research that either.

Jenx34 03-09-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Klein (Post 1755374)
The 3rd person was Pete Kennedy out of FLA and I don't remember his trade name and at 3 AM I don't truly want to research that either.

That's it!

AustinMike 03-10-2018 07:12 AM

If I'm remembering correctly, Pete Kennedy ran Gulf Coast Minors.

I bought from all three places (Lake County Minors, STB Sports, and Gulf Coast Minors) from the mid 90s to around 2001. I typically found GCM's prices to be more pleasing to my wallet and tended to buy more from there. LCM had the best inventory but I thought they were priced higher than either STB or GCM.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe I have seen STB post here on Net54 before.

cardinalcollector 03-10-2018 08:33 AM

I don't recall any posts by STB on here, but its possible. I've dealt with Stephen and Lily for nearly 20 years. They are good people and very professional dealers.

Jim65 03-10-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalcollector (Post 1756049)
I don't recall any posts by STB on here, but its possible. I've dealt with Stephen and Lily for nearly 20 years. They are good people and very professional dealers.

After I tried to order from Lake Country and found what I wanted out of stock, I ordered one of the sets from STB.

cardinalcollector 03-10-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 1756064)
After I tried to order from Lake Country and found what I wanted out of stock, I ordered one of the sets from STB.

Good to hear, they are first rate Jim.

DaClyde 06-06-2020 09:39 AM

Has anyone ordered anything from Lake Country Minors recently?

I tried to order a set on eBay, but it has been 3 weeks since the notice of the tracking number, but no sign that the package was ever actually shipped and all of my questions to them on eBay are going unanswered.

DaClyde 06-07-2020 07:03 AM

Well, they finally just refunded me after I opened a refund request with eBay. Never a single word from them.