Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How quick do YOU Pay Auction Houses (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=112012)

JamesGallo 05-05-2009 12:50 PM

How quick do YOU Pay Auction Houses

With all the threads about how much of a pain an auction house can be to pay out, I am wondering how quickly you pay an auction house.

Do you wait for the paper invoice to come or what.

I sent my REA check out Monday.

James G

asphaltman 05-05-2009 12:52 PM

Sent my check to REA on Monday as well. If I think the shipping and everything else looks correct I'll usually just print out the invoice and stick it in the mail...won't wait on them to send me one snail mail.

Jacklitsch 05-05-2009 12:57 PM

Print out the email and send check next business day.

Cat 05-05-2009 01:32 PM

This time I paid on Monday and sent it Priority, which gets it there a couple days faster since I am on the West Coast.

A couple years ago I had the attiitude: "they'll get it when I feel like paying them" which may have stretched it out to 14 to 18 days from the end of auction until they received the check.

philliesphan 05-05-2009 01:38 PM

I pay

the vast majority of them right away. There have been a few isolated incidents where either:

A) The Auction House is not great at communicating winnings / invoices [e.g. email really is quickest for all involved...]

B) I won more than anticipated, and I need a few days to transfer funds into the checking account.

m

p.s. Although I recently had an incident with a major auction house that "lost" my first payment, which became a hassle in stopping payment, sending new one, etc.

Rob D. 05-05-2009 01:45 PM

Either the day I get the invoice or the day after.

Merrillstoys 05-05-2009 01:59 PM

Never more the one week.
Sometimes I wait to get paid
so I don't hit my savings.

Leon 05-05-2009 02:13 PM

generally

put a check in the mail the day after the auction. I sent the REA one yesterday....especially, since the shipping charges weren't going to have to be a "does it really cost that much to ship" situation...:eek:

chaddurbin 05-05-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat (Post 721313)
This time I paid on Monday and sent it Priority, which gets it there a couple days faster since I am on the West Coast.

A couple years ago I had the attiitude: "they'll get it when I feel like paying them" which may have stretched it out to 14 to 18 days from the end of auction until they received the check.

cat i sincerely hope your check to rea doesn't get lost...it'd be a shame if rob has to sell your winning to the underbidder. :rolleyes:

last year in my haste to get my check out to rea i sent out a check from a closed account (oh yea rob shipped the card already). by the time i figured it out rob had already deposited the check i think. he was ever gracious about it and don't think even sent me another invoice for the bounced check fee. these days bank wires is the most convenient.

E93 05-05-2009 02:32 PM

REA ships fast!!!

I just got an e-mail stating that my winnings were shipped overnight via Fed Ex and I will receive them tomorrow. Amazing service.
JimB

Doug 05-05-2009 02:57 PM

I sent my check Monday morning.

Kehfee 05-05-2009 03:40 PM

I got a cashier's cheque yesterday and the it was mailed today. (for the REA that is)

daviddbreadman 05-05-2009 03:43 PM

paid via wire

I paid via wire of funds yesterday and received an email from Robert Lifson and Fedex saying my shipment was mailed today and will be here on Thu May 7!

batsballsbases 05-05-2009 05:26 PM

How quick do you pay

I sent the check the same day I received the invoice!:D:D

Leon 05-05-2009 06:28 PM

Rea

I Sent my check yesterday, with a low shipping charge, and got the email today saying my package is being over nighted....that is great service and is appreciated. regards....:)

perezfan 05-05-2009 06:40 PM

I sent the check today, and already received UPS confirmation that the item was on its way. So the check and the item will cross in the mail. I don't know anyone other than Rob who would even do this, but it is very much appreciated!!