Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   May 17th and no no hitter yet? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=239802)

cardsfan73 06-30-2017 10:43 PM

and he gives up a bomb to Olson, bye bye no no, bye bye shut out! :(

clydepepper 07-01-2017 01:42 AM

I'm glad he didn't get it. slip carey would have hung one of his stupid comments on it (like 'Welcome to the show, Jay-Hey Kid' or 'it's a Rockie mountain high') and ruined the memory for everyone.

he's such an idiot!

1952boyntoncollector 07-01-2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsfan73 (Post 1676314)
Foltynewicz is 3 outs away from a No no!

another classic almost no hitter that i am sick of.......at least it was an AL almost no hitter

bnorth 07-01-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1676381)
another classic almost no hitter that i am sick of.......at least it was an AL almost no hitter

What makes you sick of them?

I know we all like different stuff. Personally I would rather watch an amazing pitching performance than watch the batters light up a pitcher.

1952boyntoncollector 07-01-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1676388)
What makes you sick of them?

I know we all like different stuff. Personally I would rather watch an amazing pitching performance than watch the batters light up a pitcher.

Well i am sick of the hype they give to it in the 6th inning....going 8 plus innings i will concede is ok..

but the general notion of a no hitter still is lame to me if there are several walks.....i think a guy giving up 1 hit in the first inning and getting a 1 hitter with no walks is better than a guy with no hits and 5 walks....especially in the NL where you can pitch around someone and have the pitcher bat with men in scoring position...

i agree that batters lighting up pitchers is terrible..

KCRfan1 07-01-2017 07:44 AM

Jake,

You likely hate the way pitchers are getting lit up this year. HR's are on pace for more than 6k this season. Most pitchers throw 5 innings, and they're done, turning the game over to the pen. There almost as many K's as there are singles hit, and the hit and run or SB is almost nonexistent. The shift takes place, and payers still hit into it, not going the opposite way.

I would love to see a well pitched game with the pitchers going 7 innings.

The ball is different, and I'm not sure MLB has much control over that.

Players are bigger, stronger, faster.....We can rebuild him. Steve Austin..... I digress, batters swing harder, pitchers throw harder, ball fly's further...especially if the ball is juiced. Which I believe it is, and some testing has confirmed this after doing a search on line about this subject.

I don't like the trend of the game. If it's not a hr, bb, or k, there's not much action. Instead we get a bunch of 150 k batters, who hit .240 and bang out 25 hr's with a .300 obp.

This is covered in Sports Illustrated. Very interesting read.

1952boyntoncollector 07-04-2017 08:33 PM

Now Kershaw's turn, congrats on his almost no hitter (in the NL which i am big fan of ).that was being advertised in the 5th inning....

BengoughingForAwhile 07-09-2017 04:07 PM

Rockies Kyle Freeland no hitting White Sox through 8. Jinx.

BengoughingForAwhile 07-09-2017 04:22 PM

Melky breaks up the no hitter. It's ovah.