Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Lady Gaga (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=234934)

Snapolit1 02-05-2017 06:39 PM

Lady Gaga

I thought that was a pretty amazing spectacle. I'd give it an A.

39special 02-05-2017 06:40 PM

She did a great job.

gregr2 02-05-2017 07:40 PM

Really impressed with that halftime show. Nicely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runscott 02-05-2017 08:34 PM

I liked her jiggly little belly, and that line "Gaga ooh la la"

bnorth 02-05-2017 08:36 PM

Maybe it is because I am sick and recovering form a bad cold. I though half time sucked, the game sucked, and there was not any awesome commercials.

Runscott 02-05-2017 09:08 PM

Ben, you were in a bad place. Half-time sucked exactly equal to how it has sucked since Janet dropped her top.

The game was incredible - I hate both teams, and still recognize that it was the greatest Super Bowl ever. Kraft's comment after being presented the trophy was priceless. Goodell is an embarrassment to the game and Kraft handled it well.

1952boyntoncollector 02-05-2017 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1627885)
Ben, you were in a bad place. Half-time sucked exactly equal to how it has sucked since Janet dropped her top.

The game was incredible - I hate both teams, and still recognize that it was the greatest Super Bowl ever. Kraft's comment after being presented the trophy was priceless. Goodell is an embarrassment to the game and Kraft handled it well.

Lady gaga was great and it was nice not having 4 bands doing 1 song each then all jumping together in the final song

The Seattle/Pats superbowl was also very good.

Im guessing the Pats paid less in total for their Wide Receivers and running backs than most teams in the NFL. Perhaps that will be a trend now in the NFL as running backs have been going later and later in the draft. Julio Jones was nice to have and made some amazing plays but even playing with the number 1 rated QB in QBR, the falcons couldnt score 1 time in the last 23 mins or so in the game and its not like the Patriots defense is anything close to past great super bowl championship defense.

Peter_Spaeth 02-06-2017 05:35 AM

I despise most of this generation's "music," and the culture that surrounds it, but I thought Gaga was OK and certainly classier in her way than most of the acts I have seen.

Leon 02-06-2017 07:02 AM

Gaga was awesome and almost 0 politics, which was even better, except for one subtlety I missed.

KMayUSA6060 02-06-2017 07:37 AM

Didn't watch 90% of the game, nor did I watch the halftime show. My fiancee's parents had the game on, and within the first few commercials there were 2-3 political ones. Refused to watch anymore of the Super Bowl until the final 2 minutes and 30 seconds of regulation + OT. I was so happy to see the Patriots win (diehard Browns fan here, but I hate Goodell), the crowd relentlessly booing Goodell, and Kraft with the perfect trophy-acceptance speech to boot.

The NFL tried hard to cater to 2 major music demographics in the country - pop and country. Luke Bryan sang the National Anthem and Crazy Lady Gaga performed the halftime show. Hoping to see a country act do the halftime show next year (my favorite music genre).

pawpawdiv9 02-06-2017 09:27 AM

I was so so so glad there was NO BEYONCE as mentioned there might be as other sources reported (like Entertainment Tonight) where they found a line-up sheet and showed what perceived to be the Queen B performing with pyro and etc...
I for one don't like the cooter shots they both do. Its not pretty.
I was hoping Gaga would of done "On the edge of Glory'.
As for the game--it was predictable after the Falcons could not get in position for a FG in the 4th, instead got a penalty and sacked out of range.
#pathetic #neverbetonthefalcons

The-Cardfather 02-06-2017 07:34 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1627914)
.................I thought Gaga was OK and certainly classier in her way than most of the acts I have seen.

Yes. She is definitely a class act.
(I sure wish that there was a font for sarcasm.)

Peter_Spaeth 02-06-2017 07:57 PM

She has matured. :D

packs 02-10-2017 09:23 AM

I think Lady Gaga is just doing her thing. Johnny Cash flipped people off. John Lennon appeared nude on Rolling Stone.

Snapolit1 02-11-2017 02:17 PM

Yeah, when I saw that she has given reporters the bird I was pretty shocked. Certainly not the type of behavior you would ever see from blue blooded American boys like NASCAR drivers, country and rock and roll singers, and guys like Mickey Mantle. These kids today are out of control. Jetty Lee Lewis would be spinning in his grave (if he was dead). Wheeze. Cough cough. Where's my damm Metamucil.

clydepepper 02-11-2017 04:35 PM

I still think Tom Petty had the best SB Halftime Show!

KMayUSA6060 02-14-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1629834)
Yeah, when I saw that she has given reporters the bird I was pretty shocked. Certainly not the type of behavior you would ever see from blue blooded American boys like NASCAR drivers, country and rock and roll singers, and guys like Mickey Mantle. These kids today are out of control. Jetty Lee Lewis would be spinning in his grave (if he was dead). Wheeze. Cough cough. Where's my damm Metamucil.

Amen. The sad part is, much like the NFL/NBA/MLB employing hundreds of criminals (MLB to a lesser extent, I might add; although Aroldis Chapman can go pound salt), the entertainment industry promotes this type of behavior. Our society is really screwed up because of the perpetual nature of these antics. Subject A acts like an arse in public, disregarding all manners and respect for society. Subject A then gets paid $XXXXXXXXX for such antics. Teenage Subject B witnesses these antics, sees Subject A get rich, idolizes Subject A and wants to be like them. Pre-teen Subject C sees Subject B acting like Subject A, and wants to be like Subject B because they look up to them and/or want to be like them. The cycle of crap continues.

Don't even get me started on the national media ignoring the figureheads in NASCAR, Country Music, etc., yet employing and promoting people like Lady Gaga or Beyonce, who performed a racially charged show at last year's Super Bowl. I know this board doesn't tolerate political discussions, so I will keep this short, subtle, and to the point...

We need more kids idolizing guys like Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Shaq, Chase Elliott, and most importantly, our military members. The term "Hero" is thrown around too loosely.

steve B 02-14-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1629834)

At least I got it.................Pretty funny. And I'm headed for Metamucil land any year now.

steve B 02-14-2017 06:08 PM

I liked the halftime show.

And was only mildly surprised that Lady Gaga doing the halftime show suspended by wires had been on Simpsons a few years ago.

My ultimate halftime show can't ever happen, and couldn't have ever happened. And would have made a great opener and couldn't have happened then either.

Hendrix playing the anthem while evel knievel jumps over either a huge flag, or both teams. Or if at halftime any three or four songs plus Knievel.

There's a few guitar players who could get close now, and maybe Robbie would do the jump, but it wouldn't be quite crazy enough.

Steve B

KMayUSA6060 02-15-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 1630901)
I liked the halftime show.

And was only mildly surprised that Lady Gaga doing the halftime show suspended by wires had been on Simpsons a few years ago.

My ultimate halftime show can't ever happen, and couldn't have ever happened. And would have made a great opener and couldn't have happened then either.

Hendrix playing the anthem while evel knievel jumps over either a huge flag, or both teams. Or if at halftime any three or four songs plus Knievel.

There's a few guitar players who could get close now, and maybe Robbie would do the jump, but it wouldn't be quite crazy enough.

Steve B

This is actually an excellent idea, and it brings up a good point. Why are the halftime shows automatically musical performances? Get Cirque Du Soleil out there, or some crazy magician out there.

packs 02-15-2017 09:43 AM

The halftime show is about ratings. They have to keep people watching when then could otherwise go to the bathroom or turn the channel. I think musicians bring the most viewers.

buymycards 02-16-2017 05:21 AM

Lady Gaga

The only reason I watched the Super Bowl was because of Lady Gaga. In the past, she has performed a wonderful National Anthem, and her performance of music from The Sound of Music last year was exceptional.

I am glad that I did watch the game because it turned out to be an unbelievable game.

Perhaps "Lady" isn't the appropriate title for Gaga, but the girl can sing.

Rick

Snapolit1 02-16-2017 08:17 AM

As I age (hopefully!), I'm really trying hard not to be one of the many older people who think the younger generation is always going to hell in a hand basket and everything is careening down hill morally. It seems to be something that 95% of people fall into when they age. I see it with nearly all the older people in my life. Why is it that everyone becomes convinced that the younger generation is just falling off a cliff morally. My parents think it. My wife's parents are convinced of it. Of course as they were in their teens and 20s, their parents were convinced of it. And their grandparents were no doubt convinced of it too. A never ending cycle of shock and outrage.
Comic books? Outrage. The Beatles? Outrage. Rolling Stones and the Moody Blues? Outrage. Marilyn Monroe? Outrage. Lindsay Lohan? Outrage. There's really nothing new under the sun when you think for a moment? Straight line from the flappers to the girls in the 50s to Woodstock to Lady Gaga.
I hear my sons rap music and its not my cup of tea. But whatever. I was listening to Pink Floyd and my parents didn't get that. And my parents listened to the Beatles who their parents were convinced were satanists.

Lady Gaga? Please. Isn't doing anything people have been doing for years.

Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old first cousin. Could you imagine today if some rapper tried to go that route?

1952boyntoncollector 02-16-2017 09:39 AM

It looked like she almost didnt catch the ball that was thrown to her, almost a drop but i only saw it once in real time.

Joshchisox08 02-17-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cardfather (Post 1628163)
Yes. She is definitely a class act.
(I sure wish that there was a font for sarcasm.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++1,000,000

What's more manly than Lady Gag Gag performing @ the criminal bowl :D:D:D

I seriously don't get why they have the choices they do but could care less for the game or it's half-time show theatrics.

I heard recently however, that Gag Gag was compared to Madonna or said to be another Madonna. She however said something else......something quite hilarious.

http://www.metalinjection.net/gossip...xt-iron-maiden

Jantz 02-18-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 1631507)
As I age (hopefully!), I'm really trying hard not to be one of the many older people who think the younger generation is always going to hell in a hand basket and everything is careening down hill morally. It seems to be something that 95% of people fall into when they age. I see it with nearly all the older people in my life. Why is it that everyone becomes convinced that the younger generation is just falling off a cliff morally. My parents think it. My wife's parents are convinced of it. Of course as they were in their teens and 20s, their parents were convinced of it. And their grandparents were no doubt convinced of it too. A never ending cycle of shock and outrage.
Comic books? Outrage. The Beatles? Outrage. Rolling Stones and the Moody Blues? Outrage. Marilyn Monroe? Outrage. Lindsay Lohan? Outrage. There's really nothing new under the sun when you think for a moment? Straight line from the flappers to the girls in the 50s to Woodstock to Lady Gaga.
I hear my sons rap music and its not my cup of tea. But whatever. I was listening to Pink Floyd and my parents didn't get that. And my parents listened to the Beatles who their parents were convinced were satanists.

Lady Gaga? Please. Isn't doing anything people have been doing for years.

Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old first cousin. Could you imagine today if some rapper tried to go that route?

I must have cool parents. My Mom, who is in her 70s, was upset that I got Guns N' Roses tickets last year and she couldn't go. No joke.

frankbmd 02-18-2017 03:16 PM

If Lady Gaga married Andres Galarraga, would she be known as

Lady Gagagalarraga?

Or

Mrs. Galarragagaga?

Maybe I should start a poll.

Peter_Spaeth 02-18-2017 03:52 PM

At least Gaga, and correct me if I am wrong, isn't writing and performing "music" that degrades women in general and black women in particular.