Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Any Given Saturday (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=344698)

JollyElm 01-04-2024 03:59 PM

Any Given Saturday

Man, this is a frickin' nail-biting weekend coming up for football fans!!!

As a very, very, very, very (to infinity) long-suffering Bills fan, it is unbelievable to me that they are in the strange position of either winning the AFC East OR (possibly/probably) being eliminated from the playoffs. The #2 seed OR sitting home eating Buffalo wings (slathered in freaking blue cheese and NOT Ranch dressing like they pathetically do out here).

To be a championship caliber team, they have to win a big game and 'squish the fish' to prove they can take the crown, but every season seems to end the opposite way.

The Saturday games are huuuuuuuge for their ability to (if necessary) back into the playoffs, but Murphy's Law is working against them big-time as the #1 seeded Ravens are probably going to sit everyone against The 'Buff needs them to lose' Steelers, because they have nothing to gain with a victory.

I have a tremendous amount of faith, but oy vey!!!

Stream of consciousness ramblings over.

What's at play for your team this weekend??

philliesfan 01-04-2024 05:32 PM

Well my Eagles are in the playoffs but they need a Cowboys Loss and they need to beat the Giants for the division. I am not sure if they tie how the tiebreakers go. We are also Packers fans in this house and we do like the Bills and Josh Allen.
Good Luck!

jayshum 01-04-2024 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 2402155)
Well my Eagles are in the playoffs but they need a Cowboys Loss and they need to beat the Giants for the division. I am not sure if they tie how the tiebreakers go. We are also Packers fans in this house and we do like the Bills and Josh Allen.
Good Luck!

Dallas wins the tiebreaker with the Eagles based on a better conference record. That's why Eagles need to win and Dallas to lose.

Carter08 01-05-2024 11:25 AM

Let’s go Buffalo. Not sure I remember a time where a team listed so high in many power rankings might not make the playoffs. I’m guessing the Titans powers have given direction to lose for draft pick purposes. Hopefully he disregards those. The more hopeful option is the Steelers sleep on the Ravens backup QB. Huntley is pretty good. If both of those games fail, let’s hope the Bills just squish the hell out of the Fish.

Cliff Bowman 01-05-2024 12:36 PM

Bears can knock Green Bay out of the playoffs, it would screw up their other first round draft pick but it would be worth it. My adopted team the Falcons need to beat the Saints in New Orleans and hope the putrid Panthers beat Tampa Bay. Crazier things have happened.

JollyElm 01-07-2024 02:05 PM

Well, look at that!!

Jax fell to the lowly Titans, so the Bills are definitely in the playoffs (as, come on, they SHOULD be) no matter what!!! Finally, something went right.

Now, let's take the AFC East crown tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

JollyElm 01-07-2024 09:26 PM

And the FISH is done SQUISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bk400 01-07-2024 10:03 PM

Bills played a tough game. Hope the injuries don't hurt them too badly in the playoffs. Would be great to see them go deep.

Eagles looked awful. If you told me in week 9 that the Giants (the team with no offensive line and a 2nd or 3rd string QB) would pole axe them in week 18, I'd have assumed you were a German soccer fan living in Frankfurt.

JollyElm 01-10-2024 03:31 PM

The Bills earned themselves a home playoff game, which is normally beautiful - as 'warm weather' teams get psyched out by entering a windswept arena where the fans are maniacally cheering shirtless in the snow - but The Steelers are a fellow cold weather team that can play a smash mouth, run the ball down people's throats brand of game.

Note to Coach McDermott: DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY!!!

What's at stake for your team this Saturday/Sunday?

Shoeless Moe 01-10-2024 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=JollyElm;2403726]The Bills earned themselves a home playoff game, which is normally beautiful - as 'warm weather' teams get psyched out by entering a windswept arena where the fans are maniacally cheering shirtless in the snow - but The Steelers are a fellow cold weather team that can play a smash mouth, run the ball down people's throats brand of game.

Note to Coach McDermott: DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY!!!

Are you kidding? The Bills have a cakewalk (what the hell is a cakewalk?). With Watt out there is ZERO chance the Bills lose. If they do give Tomlin coach of the year.

RCMcKenzie 01-15-2024 06:21 PM

Not a fan of Phil Collins karaoke. That was awful.

Looking forward to Texans/Ravens and Chiefs/Bills on Saturday.

Green Bay looks really good.

cgjackson222 01-16-2024 01:48 PM

Should be some good games this weekend. Especially looking forward to Bills/Chiefs. Seems like Jared Allen always gets a raw deal in the playoffs, so I'm hoping for the Bills to breakthrough vs. the Chiefs.