Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   off topic Iconic Auctions (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=257602)

shelly 07-17-2018 10:40 AM

off topic Iconic Auctions

I consigned some memorabilia to Iconic Auctions.. I get my check in the mail and it says 2 items pending.
They never called to tell me what happened or what is going on.
I consigned a total of 6 items. That means that 1/3 of the items where not paid for. Is that common in the auction business?
Have any of you dealt with them.

By the way the items sold for way below market value. My advice is to stay far far away from them:eek:

slidekellyslide 07-17-2018 10:48 AM

What items were they? I've not heard of that company.

thenavarro 07-17-2018 07:27 PM

I've purchased a few items from them over the past 10 months or so. They offer some nice lots. Have not been on the consignment side though.

They seem to get really strong prices for Star Wars items from what I've seen. On the other end, you can occasionally find some really neat bargain historical and Presidential pieces.

Haven't really paid too much attention to their sports pieces as I don't buy a lot of that anymore.

Runscott 07-18-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly (Post 1795627)
I
By the way the items sold for way below market value. My advice is to stay far far away from them:eek:

That might only mean they don't shill or allow shilling. I used to use two AH's to consign - my items always sold low whereas these AH's otherwise did well. My assumption is that the AH was not shilling but many of their consignors were.

Shelley, you are just too honest.

Republicaninmass 07-18-2018 12:16 PM

I cant ever remember being shocked about my own Ebay or consigned auction items. Theyve always been average or lower. I written it off as I have poor taste!

theshleps 07-18-2018 02:48 PM

I have had that happen with some AH. Buyer slow to pay or just doesnt. Payment on those items delayed. As to AH i usually have more items go for belowv my expectations than above tho sometimes I am pleasantly surprised

UnVme7 07-18-2018 03:26 PM

I still don't understand them. I see the same exact items over and over and over again in several of their auctions. I've also seen an item on Ebay and the same item going on in their current auction.

You can say-- oh, the hidden reserve wasn't met. Maybe so, but I've seen stuff go well over value and see the same item again in their next auction.

There was also a fb post last week about a Tupac autograph. Something about how Beckett failed it, and then its now in Iconic with a Beckett COA. Something along those lines.

shelly 07-18-2018 05:48 PM

I will give you two examples.

Satchel Paige hof jsa graded nine 200
Hank AAron, downing, the umpire and the guy in the bullpen for his hr.
I that doesn't suck what does.
I emailed them to send the two item that did not get paid for. I have not heard from them
will some on answer my question. Do the good auction housed contact you before they send a check to tell you certain items where not payed.