Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT - Spring Training (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=88361)

Archive 01-15-2008 01:46 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>Anyone planning on attending any Spring Training games? Tickets are on sale and the games start next month.<br /><br />The Dodgers leave the Grapefruit league a week early to play some games in Arizona. I'm surprised to see them leave Vero Beach, but think moving closer to LA will be a smart choice. (They officially join the Cactus League next year, along with the Indians. Sorry to those in FL, but the AZ board member should be looking forward to this!)

Archive 01-15-2008 02:08 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>Paul</b><p>I vizit Arizona every spring to see some games. I moved away from the Phoenix area in 2001, after living there for about 18 years. I watched many spring games during those years, & it still feels like home. March in Arizona is easily my favorite month.

Archive 01-15-2008 02:21 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>Rob L</b><p>Every year for an anniversary present, my wife buys tickets for the family to check out the Angels play in Tempe. Just got our tickets for the 15th or March on Saturday!!!<br /><br />Rob L

Archive 01-15-2008 07:00 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>Ken McMillan</b><p>I live in Tucson so games are a must. Will be traveling to Mesa to see my beloved Cubbies and will see a few games here in Tucson (training home of the d-backs, Rockies, and White sox). It's a tough life, but someone has to do it. Will be looking for cards from my favorite player "Mark the Beer Guy" autographed with each purchase of a cold frosty beverage from only Mark.<br /><br />Ken

Archive 01-15-2008 07:07 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>paulstratton</b><p>When the two new complexes get built I'll be 3 miles from the Dodgers and 4 miles from the Indians. Unfortunately I won't be going to any games this spring, but next year for sure. Nothing like laying in the grass, getting some sun and drinking a few cool ones...when you're supposed to be working.

Archive 01-15-2008 07:07 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>howard</b><p>I'm making my first cactus league excursion in March. Which teams have the best ballfields for watching the game?

Archive 01-15-2008 07:12 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>Ken McMillan</b><p>Howard,<br /><br />just my opinion but the Cubs (Hohokam), Brewers (in Maryville), Angels(Tempe), and D-backs (Tucson Electric) are the best fields to see a game at. The food is best at Tucson electric followed closely by the Brewers. The beer is good everywhere. This comes from a diehard cub fan that lives in Arizona.

Archive 01-15-2008 07:24 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>howard</b><p>Thanks, Ken. I'll try to hit all four!

Archive 01-15-2008 07:25 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>paulstratton</b><p>Peoria and Surprise are good places as well. I've never been to Tuscon Electric or HoHoKam(Cub hater) so I can't comment on those. Tempe is very talented on sunny days, so is Scottsdale. Avoid Maryvale(Brewers) after the sun goes down.

Archive 01-16-2008 10:41 AM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>Glen V</b><p>IMHO - Surprise (Rangers/Royals) is one of the nicest/newest stadiums. The free parking is nice too. The Giants (Scottsdale) are probably the most expensive, charging $13 on weekends to sit on the outfield grass. The Cubs (Mesa) have the hardest ticket to get, with many of the games selling out. The A's (Phoenix) & Rockies (Tucson) have the worst stadiums, . The Brewers (Maryvale) have the best Brats and beer selection, but are in the absolute worst part of town.<br /><br />I'll be attending a few games this year. Maybe some of us can meet up at a game, or hit a sports bar at night. E-mail if interested...

Archive 01-16-2008 03:09 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>howard</b><p>Thanks for all the input guys!

Archive 01-16-2008 03:16 PM

OT - Spring Training

Posted By: <b>Anthony S.</b><p>I miss the Brewers old park in Chandler. Great bowl design.