Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Christie's Auction Group Snake-Draft (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=253137)

jhs5120 03-28-2018 02:56 PM

Christie's Auction Group Snake-Draft

Hey guys,

I want to gauge interest in grouping up for a photo snake-draft in the Christie's auction. I didn't want to hijack Jason's thread here.

How it would work:

A few Net54 members (maybe around 10?) group together to win one of the ~20 photo lots in the upcoming Christie's auction - such as this lot. I will scan the front and back of each photo, then we establish a draft order and, much like a fantasy draft, we pick photos. Standard snake draft.

So, using the linked lot as an example, there are 64 photos and lets assume (after BP) the hammer price is $7,000. 8 members can pay $875 each and get 8 photos/picks. There are various lots at various price points, but it seems like the average price per photo will hopefully land around $100-175 each.

Next steps, put together a group of participants. Your budget would need to be flexible. Personally, I am trying to operate in the $700-900 range at $100-150 per photo.

Then, we pick a lot(s) to target. Full disclosure, I work for Christie's (I am on their finance team for their real estate group). I can bid, but I may be limited to absentee bidding only (I need to confirm). However, I can potentially inspect the lots we are targeting (anyone who visits the auction house can as well).

Any takers?

1. jhs5120

whitey19thcentury 03-28-2018 05:33 PM

I'll be in, depending on the lot(s) that we will bid on. Too bad there are not more images per lot.

Bpm0014 03-29-2018 07:16 AM

Count me in

RedsFan1941 03-29-2018 01:06 PM

cool idea.

Fred 04-06-2018 01:47 PM

I think it's cool if you're the first person to pick. What if there is ONE or TWO photos that have a lot more value than the others, then the next guys basically get SCREWED.

What would be best is if everyone rated each photo. If there are 100 photos then everyone would need to take the time to rate each photo from 1 to 100. You cannot use any number twice, you must use all numbers 1-100.

Random draw to see who picks first. After the draw, if you don't like your position, then tough shit... you're just stuck with it.

After the first round of picks the person with the least value for the photo (based on the average ranking for all involved) would pick first in the second round.

Add the value of the two first picks and the person with the least value for the photos picks first in the next round.

Continue on until all photos are gone.

Open the floor for trading and finalize the division

Ship to each person after the final division is complete.

To me, that would be a fair way to divvy it up.