Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hillerich & Bradsby Cobb Bat (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=125509)

BosseFieldBoy 07-07-2010 07:51 PM

Hillerich & Bradsby Cobb Bat

A dealer recently offered to sell me a Louisville Slugger 40TC bat for $300. The center brand says Hillerich & Bradsby Co. Made in U.S.A, which based on what I've seen dates it in the mid-1920's (I think). No decal or anything like that, some dents but nothing too bad.

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for what these bats sell for? I've never purchased a bat before, so I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Mike

MGHPro 07-07-2010 09:08 PM

Mike,
If it's just a 40tc centerbrand with no decal or script Cobb endorsement, $300 is too much. Its a $100, maybe $150 bat if its real nice.
If it has the Cobb endorsement, then $300 is a steal
Matt

BosseFieldBoy 07-08-2010 10:27 AM

Thanks for the info Matt. The bat looks like it's in decent, but not great, shape. I'm a novice at best when it comes to bats, so I'm not sure what you mean by "script Cobb endorsement." The barrel says "Ty Cobb" in cursive with patent info beneath it. Is that what you're talking about?

slidekellyslide 07-08-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BosseFieldBoy (Post 821711)
Thanks for the info Matt. The bat looks like it's in decent, but not great, shape. I'm a novice at best when it comes to bats, so I'm not sure what you mean by "script Cobb endorsement." The barrel says "Ty Cobb" in cursive with patent info beneath it. Is that what you're talking about?

Yep, that's what he meant...the signature on the barrel.

Browncow75 07-08-2010 03:37 PM

I have an H&B Bat question also!

My Aunt came by this morning and gave me 2 (Im assuming) store model bats she got at a garage sale. They are both H&B "Powerized" bats, and one is a Pee Wee Reese and the other is a Nelson Fox. The Reese has an "A" engraved (from the factory?) on the head end, and the Fox has one on the handle. The Fox is really nice, and the Reese only has the black paint flaked off of the H&B logo area. Any idea of value, or where I can find info on store model bats? Thanks all!

Brandon

MGHPro 07-08-2010 07:07 PM

Brandon
Post some pictures and we'll help you out
Matt

Browncow75 07-09-2010 07:20 AM

A quick thank you note

Ive been talking to him by email, and I just wanted to thank Matt (MGHPro) for the help he has provided to me in beginning my vintage bat collection. He is super knowledgeable and very helpful. I have met alot of great collectors/dealers on Net54, and Matt is Top Notch in my opinion. Thanks Buddy!

Brandon

yanks12025 07-09-2010 08:00 AM

I agree that Matt is top notch. He's helped me learn more about vintage bats and game used bats. Thanks again

John V 07-09-2010 10:22 AM

Same here. Matt is always willing to share his expertise.

D. Broughman 07-09-2010 10:36 AM

Help with Mini Bat

4 Attachment(s)
I picked up this 18" Mini Bat at a local auction and was wondering if it could have been sold at the stadium or might be a homemade bat. Thanks for any input! D.