Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   on B/S/T...when make compliment/ positive remark.. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=198821)

1952boyntoncollector 12-23-2014 08:29 AM

on B/S/T...when make compliment/ positive remark..

Please add the words after your remark 'but not buying the card'

Example:

The registration of the card I perfect! ('but not buying the card')

The colors are clear and crisp! ('but not buying the card')

The perfect compliment positive remark is actually buying the card..remember that for this holiday season...cheers

D.P.Johnson 12-23-2014 09:20 AM

What should I write if I'm buying the card??? I mean, would it be ok if I wrote, "The colors are clear and crisp!" (I'm buying the card)???

Republicaninmass 12-23-2014 09:26 AM

The price is right at VCP average ('but not buying the card')

brightair 12-23-2014 09:30 AM

??

That was very well said (but not buying into it).

D.P.Johnson 12-23-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicaninmass (Post 1358047)
The price is right at VCP average ('but not buying the card')

I don't think you should say, "The price is right at VCP average" because it isn't really a compliment...It's sort of like saying, "Your wife is ok looking"...

1952boyntoncollector 12-23-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson (Post 1358050)
I don't think you should say, "The price is right at VCP average" because it isn't really a compliment...It's sort of like saying, "Your wife is ok looking"...

Right... plus VCP average isn't the net to the seller on most occasion......

you can say someone wife is hot, but only because due to the air conditioner breaking.....there are ads like that actually..

you can say anything if buying the card...I will believe you if you say 'colors are vibrant' if you actually buy the card..

its those that say the NICEST thngs... (but not buying the card)

That card is a steal and you can make 4x your money on it in 2 days! (but not buying the card)

D.P.Johnson 12-23-2014 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=1952boyntoncollector;1358063]you can say someone wife is hot, but only because due to the air conditioner breaking...../QUOTE]

I've actually said that to someone before...I also once told a guy his wife was like a "pitching wedge"...He asked, "What does that mean"?...I said, "She looks good from about 120 yards away"...The guy then beat my *ss from here until Tuesday, but I was still laughing about it 3 weeks later while I was in the hospital...

ALR-bishop 12-23-2014 11:00 AM

Wives

If you are going to criticize a man's wife, you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize her you are a mile away, and you have his shoes (credit to Jack Handey)

Hammerin'Hank 12-23-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR-bishop (Post 1358071)
If you are going to criticize a man's wife, you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize her you are a mile away, and you have his shoes (credit to Jack Handey)

Loved "Deep Thoughts" on the old SNL.

1952boyntoncollector 12-23-2014 12:37 PM

[