Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Heavy Action for tough T207s on Ebay Last Night (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271138)

wondo 07-11-2019 06:49 AM

Heavy Action for tough T207s on Ebay Last Night
 
Last night saw a round of Ebay auctions end for some really tough, low grade T207s - many of which featured the popular Cycle back.

PSA 2mk Cycle Irving Lewis with emblem $1,901
PSA 2mk Broadleaf Ward Miller $1,109

were the two highlights, but there were another half dozen others. The same group of bidders appear to go at it for most cards. A PSA 1.5mk Broadleaf Kutina went for only $37.05 which may indicate the current market is relatively thin. The Kutina is one of the easiest Broadleafs, however. I picked up a few which I will post on my T207 set progress thread when they arrive. Anybody else on here grab the others? Thoughts? Comments?

sb1 07-11-2019 08:19 AM

Lewis is without a doubt the toughest card in the set..

bnorth 07-11-2019 08:56 AM

You have been on here advertising you are looking for some. That seems to magically make them go up in price.:)

wondo 07-11-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1897860)
You have been on here advertising you are looking for some. That seems to magically make them go up in price.:)

There is truth in that observation, to a point. Only need one of each, though.

Yoda 07-11-2019 11:10 AM

I believe that among T207 backs the Red Cross is by far the rarest. I know at least one Weaver card which has this reverse but am unaware of any others. In others' experience which the next toughest, the Napoleon or the Anonymous? I have 2 T2O7s with the Nap back but none with the Anonymous. Like many, I do like the Red Cycle reverse but don't think they are as rare.

riggs336 07-11-2019 12:28 PM

I was the underbidder on the Lewis at $1876 and today have mixed emotions about not bidding higher.

dabbuu 07-11-2019 01:46 PM

I would say Davis blue C is the toughest card in the set

timn1 07-11-2019 02:30 PM

Lewis no emblem
 
My vote for toughest.

Donlin is not far behind.

Kutina seems to be everywhere....

Interesting that no one has mentioned Lowdermilk. I think he is seriously overrated as a rarity.

Tim

Cozumeleno 07-11-2019 02:45 PM

I picked up Bushelman and am now down to needing only five. It went for a little more than I wanted to pay but that is one I've rarely seen offered and figured there would be good action on it. I was pretty determined to get that one.

I kept my eye on Miller/Irving, two others I need, but more as a spectator. Prices on many of them, including those two, seemed really strong. Others, like the Butcher, were a little lighter than I thought.

Also adding that I agree with Tim on Kutina. I have seen that one pop up quite frequently compared to others.

calvindog 07-11-2019 02:46 PM

Donlin yesssssss!
 
https://live.staticflickr.com/8359/8...5a5530ea_z.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/7413/2...1a0beee1_z.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/2864/9...67bcf23e_z.jpg

wondo 07-11-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabbuu (Post 1897948)
I would say Davis blue C is the toughest card in the set


I thought this a mythical card. Neither PSA or SGC (legacy) makes a distinction in their pop reports. Do you have a scan of the two variations?

dabbuu 07-11-2019 03:35 PM

They used to. You can google the brown version I will email you later.

sb1 07-11-2019 03:36 PM

I encouraged Bob Lemke to remove it and the two previously catalogued "wrong back" cards from the SCD guide many years ago.

On the various Davis C's the color changes from light to dark shades with various color tints, depending on the registration of the print and the inking. Not a variation just a print anomaly.

wondo 07-11-2019 03:53 PM


Great - now I've spit out my coffee all over the keyboard!!

sb1 07-11-2019 04:49 PM

6 Attachment(s)
A few tougher ones for the folks that appreciate how hard these are to find decent. I have them all, these are just the nicer ones.

Exhibitman 07-11-2019 04:56 PM

That miscut back reminds me of my Reulbach:


http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...h%20miscut.jpg

sb1 07-11-2019 04:59 PM

I have a miscut Oldring/Bresnahan, but it's top to bottom not left to right as these two shown.

Exhibitman 07-11-2019 05:02 PM

Mine's miscut both ways.

dabbuu 07-11-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb1 (Post 1897993)
A few tougher ones for the folks that appreciate how hard these are to find decent. I have them all, these are just the nicer ones.

This is just insane

wondo 07-11-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabbuu (Post 1898010)
this is just insane


+100!

CobbSpikedMe 07-11-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timn1 (Post 1897959)
My vote for toughest.

Donlin is not far behind.

Kutina seems to be everywhere....

Interesting that no one has mentioned Lowdermilk. I think he is seriously overrated as a rarity.

Tim

Lowdermilk who? :rolleyes::eek:

wondo 07-11-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe (Post 1898039)
Lowdermilk who? :rolleyes::eek:

Weird, but I donít have a Lowdermilk. I just figure Iíll be able to grab one - perhaps Iím complacent. Doesnít seem to be a rare card.

timn1 07-11-2019 09:01 PM

Lowdermilk
 
It isnít that rare, but just because it has the reputation you may still have to pay a grand for it :eek:

frohme 07-11-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timn1 (Post 1898071)
It isnít that rare, but just because it has the reputation you may still have to pay a grand for it :eek:

or more ... sadly.

frohme 07-11-2019 09:37 PM

Sweet!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sb1 (Post 1897993)
A few tougher ones for the folks that appreciate how hard these are to find decent. I have them all, these are just the nicer ones.

Nice, Scott!

frohme 07-11-2019 09:41 PM

Ummm ....
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1897995)
That miscut back reminds me of my Reulbach:


http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...h%20miscut.jpg

OK - that's odd ... Same here!

frohme 07-11-2019 09:49 PM

But ...
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exhibitman (Post 1897999)
Mine's miscut both ways.

How about text running both ways, too - parts of the back of 5 cards!

timn1 07-12-2019 12:35 AM

Dang Jeff
 
No wonder nobody can find Donlins, youív got em all!,;)

dabbuu 07-12-2019 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frohme (Post 1898092)
How about text running both ways, too - parts of the back of 5 cards!

Love this card, amazing.

frohme 07-12-2019 08:25 AM

Donlin, encore.
 
4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by timn1 (Post 1898114)
No wonder nobody can find Donlins, youív got em all!,;)

Sadly, Jeff's not the only one to blame, Tim.

Bkrum 07-14-2019 02:11 PM

How would you rank the backs for Ward Miller in order of rarity?

frohme 07-14-2019 09:41 PM

W. Miller
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bkrum (Post 1898876)
How would you rank the backs for Ward Miller in order of rarity?

The RedCross is - by a wide margin - the hardest.

With that, my vote/opinion - hardest to easiest
  • Red Cross ...
  • Anon - Fac 25
  • Cycle, Anon Factory 3
  • Broadleaf
With a huge gap between the first two, a middlin gap after A25 and smaller gap to Broadleaf ...

That said, since none of them has any 'appreciable' population, this mostly talking about relative amounts of smoke.

--
Mike

Yoda 07-14-2019 09:54 PM

Mike, does the Miller come with a Napoleon back? John

frohme 07-14-2019 10:54 PM

Miller 1of4
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1899021)
Mike, does the Miller come with a Napoleon back? John

On Miller w/Napoleon:
  • Ward, Roy, Otto - no
  • Dots - Yes (below)

Its a straightforward rule - if it has a Broadleaf or Cycle, it will not have a Recruit or Napoleon, and vice-versa.

--
Mike

timn1 07-15-2019 12:00 AM

+1
 
But there are some Anonymous backs in each group. Some overlap there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frohme (Post 1899041)
On Miller w/Napoleon:
  • Ward, Roy, Otto - no
  • Dots - Yes (below)

Its a straightforward rule - if it has a Broadleaf or Cycle, it will not have a Recruit or Napoleon, and vice-versa.

--
Mike


sb1 07-15-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frohme (Post 1899015)
The RedCross is - by a wide margin - the hardest.

With that, my vote/opinion - hardest to easiest
  • Red Cross ...
  • Anon - Fac 25
  • Cycle, Anon Factory 3
  • Broadleaf
With a huge gap between the first two, a middlin gap after A25 and smaller gap to Broadleaf ...

That said, since none of them has any 'appreciable' population, this mostly talking about relative amounts of smoke.

--
Mike

I agree with the scale, but disregarding the very difficult to find Red Cross, the Cycle would probably be the most popular(priciest) due to the markedly bolder/colored back. Might there even be a handful of T207 collectors that are attempting Master sets??? I see a few player back-runs. And...usually unless one is well versed in the back scarcity of the different Anon. possibilities, they are the cheapest to acquire due to the rather bland back.

Exhibitman 07-15-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frohme (Post 1898088)
OK - that's odd ... Same here!

That is trippy as all hell. What are the odds, I wonder?

brass_rat 07-15-2019 06:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I always enjoy reading these T207 threads; I appreciate it when experts share information.

Here's the Miller Red Cross. My favorite brand to collect across multiple sets.

Steve

wondo 07-15-2019 07:36 PM

Whoa!!!! :eek::eek:


Quote:

Originally Posted by brass_rat (Post 1899235)
I always enjoy reading these T207 threads; I appreciate it when experts share information.

Here's the Miller Red Cross. My favorite:eek: brand to collect across multiple sets.

Steve



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.